• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I'll politely disagree with the person above me... Don't take the iPod. Practice the dying art of conversation. Tattoo artists have pretty good stories to tell.

So by now you have already gotten your work done (looks sweet btw), but I strongly disagree here, music, music and more music. I guess if you're gettin a 20 min flash piece, leave the ipod at home and chat it up, but most of my sessions have been 2 hours or more and anything to distract the mind is beneficial.

Getting tattooed HURTS!!!! So bring music, borrow an ipad, a couple magazines, a bottle of water in your bag, pretty much anything to pass the time.

My God, if you want to talk you can pause your music, but I need to distract my mind, otherwise it's torture.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So by now you have already gotten your work done (looks sweet btw), but I strongly disagree here, music, music and more music. I guess if you're gettin a 20 min flash piece, leave the ipod at home and chat it up, but most of my sessions have been 2 hours or more and anything to distract the mind is beneficial.

Getting tattooed HURTS!!!! So bring music, borrow an ipad, a couple magazines, a bottle of water in your bag, pretty much anything to pass the time.

My God, if you want to talk you can pause your music, but I need to distract my mind, otherwise it's torture.

Really? I was chatting with my artist the whole time for all three sessions of my last one. That itself took my mind off the pain. Different strokes for different folks I guess. It did help that they had a stereo playing in the background too.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Really? I was chatting with my artist the whole time for all three sessions of my last one. That itself took my mind off the pain. Different strokes for different folks I guess. It did help that they had a stereo playing in the background too.

You're a tougher dude than me...but I am kind of a wuss, I need my ipod cranked at the dentist for routine cleanings!!!

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    Good looking piece man! I have a few and like many before me, I have made a few mistakes but I'm in the process of getting them covered and/or corrected.

The one thing I would recommend is to stick with your artist as long as you can.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head

I have to disagree with you on the music as I like the stories and conversation with the artist. I was around two and a half hours on the bigger one and it wasn't an issue. Yes, tattoos hurt but to be honest I love the way it feels. Just sayin

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Beautiful tat Ripper and great design and work! I'd love to have a piece of art something like that across my chest. I would imagine that design has great meaning for you.

The needle never bothers me. After the first minute or so even the initial sting goes away.

Jason91887

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012

No way!!! I have probably 30 hours of work on me sonfar an h e never worn headphones. Tattoo artists are usually great for conversations, plus my artist always has music in the background playing. Plus ever booth has a small tvon the wall behind the artist. Though my last session on mondsy I was laying on my stomach so I couldn't do much besides talk.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Any time people post tat threads, all I can think of is this image.

fail_man_tattoo2.jpg

Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    feel kinda :hijack: but hey thank you for the complements i love it and wouldnt take it back at all.

It looks great! Congrats on the long hours. It's not about being manly, some people's bodies simply can't handle it. No reflection on ones maturity, manhood, or otherwise.
    My chest piece took 8 hours. I did one 4 hour session, one 3 hour session, and one 1 hour session for touch ups and add ons. My artist doesn't like working more than 3-4 hours at a time on a big piece. He loses his "fresh wrist".

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    You're a tougher dude than me...but I am kind of a wuss, I need my ipod cranked at the dentist for routine cleanings!!!

That just tells me that you need to find a new dentist (or take better care of your teeth between cleanings.). :D

You know, I'm old enough to still think that the only people who should have tattoos are sailors, Marines and hookers. Ripper, you made the cut. :)

Glad you're happy with the result. Looks ... umm ... artistic. I'm just too old and crotchety to fully appreciate the investment. Don't know how much you spent for that, but you coulda bought a velvet Elvis painting and some decent ammo and had enough left over for lunch! :D

Top Bottom