• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Eat! A/d available at all pharm counters. Even Wally World has it in the section where antibiotic creams and ointments are.

Tattoo shops usually put something over it for you like a salve and then plastic wrap for a few hours from me experience. However, you will want to put something on it after you remove the plastic to keep it from scabbing up. YOU DO NOT WANT IT TO SCAB:D

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Lot of good advice in here. The alcohol avoidance is important. It will make you bleed more than normal, and if it's your first tat you don't know if you're a bleeder to start with. A sugary type drink will help keep your head clear and make you able to sit up in the chair for those hours you'll be there. I also agree with the conversation part. It's a good thing to have a good relationship with your artist in any case. If you have the whole day booked, your artist shouldn't have any problems with you taking a 10 minute break here and there. He may even suggest it.

Good luck, enjoy the experience, and welcome to the world of ink.

Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    Ryan Hadley is a good, clean artist and a nice guy. You chose well in an artist, make sure you are getting a piece that you can be happy with forever. I made a lot of body art mistakes when I was younger but at least the majority were done by really good artists and they were always clean and professional. Good thing I run my own company cause no one will hire me with tattoos on my knuckles and hand!

Eat about 2 hours before. Take a bottle of water. No pills, alcohol, or other drugs. Make sure you disclose any medical info to your artist that may cause you to react (seizures, history of fainting, etc). If this is your first tattoo I'd recommend lowering your expectations. No offense but I worked in shops for over 5 years and a lot of guys couldn't handle a tattoo quite as well as they initially expected. Its better to take a break or ask to stop than to get overwhelmed to the point of exhaustion.

For tattoo aftercare: listen to your artist. I personally heal better when I leave my tattoo alone. I wash it once or twice a day with softsoap (the clear stuff) and put a thin layer of unscented curel on it. Rinse the tattoo with lukewarm water if anything gets on it. Let it breathe! And remember, everyone heals differently. I've always healed pretty well but certain Areas of my body scabbed up a little more. If the artist doesn't "chew" you up and you take care of it properly you shouldn't scab up at all and after the first few days your skin will begin to flake. Don't pull that flakey skin off! Just let it flake like snake skin being shed.

Hope this helps!

theblackknight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Aftercare is not a blanket statement. Use what your artist recomends.We dont all have the same skin as well.

Tomarrow I'm getting my first non FTwayne piece down here in wilmington(NC). I always waited for leave to get anything done bc fort has some awesome guys and hook ups are sweet.:D

Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    Polished, are you a tattoo artist as well? What shop do you work at and do you have pics of your work online?

I was a body piercer for several years and was able to travel around the country to different shops and conventions. But I worked in Indy mostly. Loved the shops, hated piercing. I was the only body piercer I knew that didn't have any crazy piercings and who tried talking people out of stupid stuff like piercing their tongues. It was good money and good company.

I can definitely recommend some artists locally but you are gonna get what you pay for. Good work for a pretty penny. My fav artists:
    Monty (last I knew he was at west side artistic where I last worked)
    Jerry Frost (best place to catch him is at Kokomo New Breed)
    Matt (can't remember his last name but I believe he is still at South Side Skinquake, he did an amazing chest piece on me all free hand)

Ryan Hadley is good, Trevor Tullis is good, but I don't know where they are now.

MTubbs1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    I was a body piercer for several years and was able to travel around the country to different shops and conventions. But I worked in Indy mostly. Loved the shops, hated piercing. I was the only body piercer I knew that didn't have any crazy piercings and who tried talking people out of stupid stuff like piercing their tongues. It was good money and good company.

I can definitely recommend some artists locally but you are gonna get what you pay for. Good work for a pretty penny. My fav artists:
    Monty (last I knew he was at west side artistic where I last worked)
    Jerry Frost (best place to catch him is at Kokomo New Breed)
    Matt (can't remember his last name but I believe he is still at South Side Skinquake, he did an amazing chest piece on me all free hand)

Ryan Hadley is good, Trevor Tullis is good, but I don't know where they are now.

I work at New Breed with Jerry!

Anyway, eat before you go get a tattoo, don't say "tatted", "inked", or any other silly slang that will make them laugh at you as you walk out the door.

Listen to the artists aftercare! Dont use some remedy you hear on this site or any other person, even if it is from another artist. Different style tattoos, tattoo artists, tattoo machines, line work, ect. all plays a factor into how they will want you to take care of your tattoo.

Most importanly, post pics! Hadley is a well known artist round these parts.

Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    I work at New Breed with Jerry!

Anyway, eat before you go get a tattoo, don't say "tatted", "inked", or any other silly slang that will make them laugh at you as you walk out the door.

Listen to the artists aftercare! Dont use some remedy you hear on this site or any other person, even if it is from another artist. Different style tattoos, tattoo artists, tattoo machines, line work, ect. all plays a factor into how they will want you to take care of your tattoo.

Most importanly, post pics! Hadley is a well known artist round these parts.

You work with Jerry? That is a good place to be! I worked there a few years back when Braden Dean was still there. Only people I knew were there is Johnny, Jerry, and Mark.

MTubbs1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    You work with Jerry? That is a good place to be! I worked there a few years back when Braden Dean was still there. Only people I knew were there is Johnny, Jerry, and Mark.

That would make you Tim K.?

Its still Jerry, Johnny, Mark and I for the past 2 years since Brad has been up north in school.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I'm looking for a calf piece so I'm glad this thread came up:D The guy I had to my right calf has since moved on and I believe he is in South Bend now. I don't know of anymore in the Muncie area that I have heard many good things about so Indy may be where I have to go. Isn't Skinquake one of the better shops in Indy? I'm not opposed to driving as I am 25 minutes from Muncie or an hour or so to downtown Indy.

OP, not trying to jack your thread and definitely post your pics afterward. There used to be a good tattoo photo thread on here from Ingo'ers work

Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    That would make you Tim K.?

Its still Jerry, Johnny, Mark and I for the past 2 years since Brad has been up north in school.

No I'm not Tim K haha but I actually really miss that guy! He left to be an x-ray tech right? No I'm just some chick that used to work there.

Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    I'm looking for a calf piece so I'm glad this thread came up:D The guy I had to my right calf has since moved on and I believe he is in South Bend now. I don't know of anymore in the Muncie area that I have heard many good things about so Indy may be where I have to go. Isn't Skinquake one of the better shops in Indy? I'm not opposed to driving as I am 25 minutes from Muncie or an hour or so to downtown Indy.

OP, not trying to jack your thread and definitely post your pics afterward. There used to be a good tattoo photo thread on here from Ingo'ers work

The only place in Muncie that I would go is Lucky Rabbit. But I personally would rather spend the extra money and travel to Kokomo.or Indy. Wherever you go make sure you ask to see documentation of a sterile, working autoclave. Not all counties in Indiana require shops to have one. Gross.

MTubbs1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    The only place in Muncie that I would go is Lucky Rabbit. But I personally would rather spend the extra money and travel to Kokomo.or Indy. Wherever you go make sure you ask to see documentation of a sterile, working autoclave. Not all counties in Indiana require shops to have one. Gross.

Lucy? lol and yes Tim finished school and is a x-ray tech somewhere.

irishfan - Monte is still in Indy and would be more than qualified to razzle dazzle your calf.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head

Lucky Rabbit does "ok" from what I have seen and Dragon Slayer is a HELL NO.

There was a place called Ground Zero that did some nice stuff I seen. I know there was a Dave and a gun name Shannon. Anybody know where they are now?

Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie

There was a place called Ground Zero that did some nice stuff I seen. I know there was a Dave and a gun name Shannon. Anybody know where they are now?[/QUOTE

I think the entire GZ crew has moved around a bit. Too bad they aren't still in business. I've been waiting for a good shop to open here but instead we get two month disease traps opening and closing like cheap hotel rooms.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head

There was a place called Ground Zero that did some nice stuff I seen. I know there was a Dave and a gun name Shannon. Anybody know where they are now?[/QUOTE

I think the entire GZ crew has moved around a bit. Too bad they aren't still in business. I've been waiting for a good shop to open here but instead we get two month disease traps opening and closing like cheap hotel rooms.

Yep, I wonder if this thread will scare the OP away..hope not because there are nice places out there. Polished, have you checked Tattoo Studio? I know people from here go there because of the owner being from here.

Top Bottom