• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Robert8252

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Didn't look specifically since I sadly do not own a 22 but the shelf second from the top on the left I believe was 22 and also some scattered through the case and I can't make that out in the pic.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Washington and German church wally world. Loaded up, limit 3 on .22. Everything else no limit.

Edit: phone spelling

Didn't look specifically since I sadly do not own a 22 but the shelf second from the top on the left I believe was 22 and also some scattered through the case and I can't make that out in the pic.

Thats not 22.

All I actually saw was .22 CCI 12 packs I believe for around $8. There wasn't much organization in the case sadly.

No such thing as a CCI 12 pack. We knew you're new and trying to help, but you can't post misinformation like this about 22 ammo because you could cause a frenzy. ;)

Robert8252

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Lol. I'll have to do some reading than. The box did say .22 on it, but that's where my knowledge ends.

The he store has been out of 9mm and the like for weeks with only a few boxes a week. Today is the first day it has been that stocked and the sign used to read 3 box limit on all so by them changing it to .22 I assumed they had that as well.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Wal-Mart in MADISON has lifted their 3 box limit on ammo, except for 22LR, which doesn't matter because they don't have it anyway.

Pickings were slim. Only a couple 100 round boxes of 9mm lift after I left. They had 40, but not 45. Didn't check anything else as I only really use 9mm and 45 anyway.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Wal-Mart in MADISON has lifted their 3 box limit on ammo, except for 22LR, which doesn't matter because they don't have it anyway.

Pickings were slim. Only a couple 100 round boxes of 9mm lift after I left. They had 40, but not 45. Didn't check anything else as I only really use 9mm and 45 anyway.

Same for the WM on 31 in Greenwood. My buddies and I were actually standing in the aisle after having just purchased our 3 box limit of ammo when the guy came back and started ripping the signs off the glass. When asked, he said it had just came down from corporate (this was around 8:30am yesterday morning). They were fully stocked, which I'd never seen in my 4 - 5 months of looking, so we proceeded to each buy more ammo :)

Guess I should mention, they do still have the limit on .22 and they had a LOT of stock of .22 as well.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Same for the WM on 31 in Greenwood. My buddies and I were actually standing in the aisle after having just purchased our 3 box limit of ammo when the guy came back and started ripping the signs off the glass. When asked, he said it had just came down from corporate (this was around 8:30am yesterday morning). They were fully stocked, which I'd never seen in my 4 - 5 months of looking, so we proceeded to each buy more ammo :)

Guess I should mention, they do still have the limit on .22 and they had a LOT of stock of .22 as well.

4 to 5 months? You haven't suffered like the rest of us, then. It has been MUCH longer than that since I've seen a Wal Mart fully stocked, or anyplace else, for that matter. Did they have .380? If they didn't, they weren't fully stocked. I was at a Wal Mart the other day, and they were close, too. They had .22, but no .380. It is nice to see it getting better.

We're always one mass shooting away from going through this again, though. I only hope that everyone who stocked up has enough now not to begin hoarding again. It should take awhile for them to shoot all that ammo off.

Here's my contribution: Avon Wal Mart has everything but .380, as of yesterday morning. I picked up 3 small boxes of CCI Blazer .22. The way it was going, the .22 is probably gone. They appeared to have LOADS of .223, .45, and everything else I could see. They might have been out of 9mm. The guy in front of me was talking as if he was disappointed there was no 9mm. I didn't ask about it. It is hard to tell what they have because they keep it behind the counter with a solid door. You can only see in there when they are getting ammo out, and you can't see it all. You have to ask about most of it. That said, the cabinet was packed to the gills.

Last edited:

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Hopefully .223 brass will come down in price soon. I'm not paying $11 for a box of independence (ridiculous price) or $10 in american eagle, when I can shoot tula for $4.97 a box lol! In fact 2013 was the year of the AK74 for me. I dont think I've ever shot it so much!

Of course you had the gougers trying to sell their 1080 spam cans for $300-$400 but that didn't last long. They've been back down to $170-$180 for awhile.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    4 to 5 months? You haven't suffered like the rest of us, then. It has been MUCH longer than that since I've seen a Wal Mart fully stocked, or anyplace else, for that matter. Did they have .380? If they didn't, they weren't fully stocked. I was at a Wal Mart the other day, and they were close, too. They had .22, but no .380. It is nice to see it getting better.

We're always one mass shooting away from going through this again, though. I only hope that everyone who stocked up has enough now not to begin hoarding again. It should take awhile for them to shoot all that ammo off.

Here's my contribution: Avon Wal Mart has everything but .380, as of yesterday morning. I picked up 3 small boxes of CCI Blazer .22. The way it was going, the .22 is probably gone. They appeared to have LOADS of .223, .45, and everything else I could see. They might have been out of 9mm. The guy in front of me was talking as if he was disappointed there was no 9mm. I didn't ask about it. It is hard to tell what they have because they keep it behind the counter with a solid door. You can only see in there when they are getting ammo out, and you can't see it all. You have to ask about most of it. That said, the cabinet was packed to the gills.

Well, I've only been shooting for 4 or 5 months, so I can't really say anything before that time as I wasn't looking for ammo until recently.

That said, the two glass cabinets at this particular WM was packed full. If there were bare spots I didn't notice them. They had everything as far as I could see, .380 included. I was mostly interested in 9mm and .223. My buddies bought the remaining stock of the tula that had a reasonable price, so I only bought 9mm. They had both WWB and AEF 100 round boxes. Lots and lots of each, like a dozen or more of each. Most stocked I've seen, which was a very pleasant surprise.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    WM in Fishers has plenty of Fed 9mm 100rd bulk pack for $28.xx

still posted as 1 box per caliber limit.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County

Awesome, I don't stop there much so I didn't realize that. Thanks for the heads up, although I get 75% of my boolits from ol George. :)

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    Yeah , they lifted the box limit .
    5 guys standing in line .
    The 1st guy whipped out hid c - card and bought the whole case of 9 mm. ( blood still boiling )

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom