• Status
    Not open for further replies.

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    (fort wayne) Walmart in coldwater crossing had fed 22lr 40gr 2.19 50rd box had 10 to 15 boxes left and fed 9mm 115gr fmj rn 100 value pack 21 bucks had 8 to 10 boxes left . this was about a 1/2 hour ago. O and they had 40cal in 50 and 100rd boxes didn't look at the price but they had quite a bit left(10 to 20) boxes.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I've been shooting "corrosive" ammo, for years in my Mausers with no problems whatsoever, as long as you give the firearm a good cleaning afterwards.
    And yes its only the primer that's corrosive. Corrosive primers leave behind a residue of potassium chloride and sodium chloride. This attracts and holds moisture on the steel of your firearm.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Stopped by the range at Indy Trading Post after work and noticed they had about 30 boxes of .38 special FMJ. Some was Blazer Brass. They had 2 other brands also, but I didn't notice what they were.

I bought a box of Cor-bon .38 125 gr +p JHP. Box of 20 was $25 after tax. They had maybe 8 of those on the shelf.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I've been shooting "corrosive" ammo, for years in my Mausers with no problems whatsoever, as long as you give the firearm a good cleaning afterwards.
    And yes its only the primer that's corrosive. Corrosive primers leave behind a residue of potassium chloride and sodium chloride. This attracts and holds moisture on the steel of your firearm.

I shot some corrosive ammo through my M1 and it rusted up very quick. It took me a week or so after the first shooting to get it cleaned(yah, my fault....life's busy).

I look at that and think 'great price' then I think about trying to get all of the crap cleaned out of my SKS and think 'wow...I think i'll wait'!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom