• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Congrats! However, don't buy a lottery ticket...the good luck bag has probably been emptied!

My parents home was burgled when I was deployed and they stole my first childhood gun and a really nice Peacemaker. Never found. Guess I still have some luck left in my bag or never had any to start with.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Coated with Fingerprinting dust, but is still MINT........

imagejpg1_zps07baef78.jpg

First picture freaked me out until I read it was fingerprinting dust.

Congrats!

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    My godfather gave me a gun that he had sold to a buddy that was bullseye shooting. The gun was returned to the buddy after it had been tattooed for an accidental shooting by his son. The PD actually engraved it. Kind of ruined the resale value of the Highstandard trophymatic, but it is a great target shooting gun.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Did they tell you if it was used in a crime? Got me to wondering if a gun gets stolen and someone killed with it........do you still get the gun back?

They did not indicate that it was used for anything.

I spoke with a detective when it was found, just about a week after it was stolen. He said they recovered it in a search at a domestic violence scene. Seems the gang banger who had the gun was living with a girl who's mom owned the house. Mom called and ratted out said gang banger for making around her daughter. Told the coppers exactly where my gun was stashed.

So gang banger was implicated in the theft at my house (others were caught near the scene, 1 was held at gunpoint by 2 of my neighbors). He was in possession of stolen property. He was a felon in possession of a weapon. He was charged with domestic violence of some sort too.

My guess is that if the gun was involved in any crime in the few days when it was "out in the wild" then it was not fired during the commission of the crime so no proof? I figure they would have said something. It is my understanding that the gun was held until all the various court cases were completed involving the burglary of my home, plus the various domestic charges, etc.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Can I ask did they do any damage to your safe with your other guns and how did that hold up as well as what kind. Also where do u live at that this happened is it a bad area or u where just unlucky.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Can I ask did they do any damage to your safe with your other guns and how did that hold up as well as what kind. Also where do u live at that this happened is it a bad area or u where just unlucky.

Never found any of the other gun safes. This was one of the guns I don't keep locked up because it was in my drawer.

As for where I live. A private neighborhood. 30 homes on 155 acres. Private dead end road. 5 miles outside of the nearest town surrounded by farms, woods, creeks, etc. Definitely not a bad area.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Rarely venture out of the break room, and haven't been in there much recently. But this is a great thing to see on my venture out.

Congrats Bob. I remember when that happened. Can't believe it was 4 years ago

Top Bottom