• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Coated with Fingerprinting dust, but is still MINT. But they stole my BOOLITS :rolleyes:

<snip>

Wiped down with a paper towel, inspected, happy to report BEAUTIFUL!

Most excellent news.

Did it have any new numbers engraved on it?

I'm told many firearms get an evidence number engraved on them, and not by a master artisan either. One officer who was involved in a shooting said his personal gun was taken and engraved with a number, but the engraver was kind and put the number under the grip panel.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Most excellent news.

Did it have any new numbers engraved on it?

I'm told many firearms get an evidence number engraved on them, and not by a master artisan either. One officer who was involved in a shooting said his personal gun was taken and engraved with a number, but the engraver was kind and put the number under the grip panel.
    It is unmolested, undamaged, and not engraved! :rockwoot:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Congrats on getting it back, Bob. I'm glad it still looks as pimp as ever!

It's good to have it back home.

Took it straight to the NWI INGO Clubhouse to wipe it down and inspect it. It looks great. That 'fingerprint dust' is in everything and the gun needs a good cleaning to get all that stuff out of the nooks and crannies. I'll get to that soon, but for now it is resting in the safe.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I hate to say this but that aint fingerprint dust. The perp was the backward cousin of a nephew of a friend of a old schoolmate of the guy who shoved Andy's gun down his pants. Your gun was tucked in the rear and that is dried shart!!

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I hate to say this but that aint fingerprint dust. The perp was the backward cousin of a nephew of a friend of a old schoolmate of the guy who shoved Andy's gun down his pants. Your gun was tucked in the rear and that is dried shart!!

:wow:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Rough crowd in here tonight.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Except maybe NOT WAITING FOUR YEARS!!!!!

First, glad to see it back in your hands MD! It's nice to see things finally make their way home. As for why it took four years? I imagine the head of the property room kept it with him for protection and checked regularly to see if the OP was still a proper person. He was hoping to find that the gun could not go back to it's original owner, but after 4 years decided that the OP must be an upstanding person after all and sent his gun back to him. Not a thread of truth to that, but it makes a better story :).

After looking at the photos of that gun a couple of times, I have the feeling that this is one of those threads that will end up costing me about $700 for one just like it (sans grips).

Top Bottom