• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    The Dems control the Senate. That's the worst news from this election.

A lot of senators are pro-gun. Even among those that aren't, few will be willing to expend the political capital that a "gun grab" would entail. Oh, by the way in case you hadn't noticed, the House isn't likely to vote for any such legislation.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    This circle jerk is worse than any anti-gun propaganda.

Do you not realize what you're doing? You're preaching fear. The reason republicans continue to lose is because they are running on a platform of fear and anti-intellectualism, this is old and tired. Break free from this mold. We live in an age of information and understanding, you need to cater to that.

Stop trying to scare people into thinking what you think, and start educating them. Instead of trying to stir the pot by saying "OH MY GERD THE GUN GRABS IS COMIN" present evidence of potential legislation that we need to act against.

Display evidence of past transgressions, by this candidate, against our rights, based on facts with sources. Generate positive incentive for people to get involved with pro-gun organizations.

These boring opinions are silly. However, I'd love to her about any actual legislation that I'm currently unaware of that could negatively impact my future. Do you know of any?

+1 for reason and common sense. But who wants to listen to that?

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    An outright grab won't happen. A gradual shift to control will via executive orders and the Supreme Court. The old slice at a time vs. the whole loaf.
    Yeah, we have been seeing this go on since the mid 1930's. Well, there was actually some kind of "gun control" scheme going on since the Revolutionary War times, but it started getting serious in the 20th century. I am sure Mr. Obama and crew will try their damnedest to make this process speed up at a geometric rate.:noway:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Not to say that a person would ever do such a thing, but, I'd me more concerned with some thug just trying to get him a freebie.

us_agent

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    To say all this talk doesn't make me nervous would be a lie especially since I have been purchasing parts to build me an AR15. This is making me think I should cut my losses and wait a while to see how this plays out. I would hate to spend a lot of money now only to have my work taken away and no compensation for it.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    To say all this talk doesn't make me nervous would be a lie especially since I have been purchasing parts to build me an AR15. This is making me think I should cut my losses and wait a while to see how this plays out. I would hate to spend a lot of money now only to have my work taken away and no compensation for it.

Don't skip a beat. Finish it and build another. And then another.

For THEM to make YOU, a free man, feel nervous? That makes me sad.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy

If anything you should build it now, while you can. If they did manage to pass another AWB they would likely have to allow 'grandfathered' weapons that people already owned.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    No, we don't all know it's coming because....it's not. Barack Hussein has other, far-more damaging things on his agenda between now and 2016. Your gun rights are not in danger. Something much more important, however, is definitely in danger of going away forever. Forget about your gun rights. We have other battles to fight that are much more important.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN

Well, that took all of thirty seconds to debunk. Here's a link that contains the context indicating that the comment was made assuming the implementation of an emissions marketplace, which you may have noticed doesn't currently exist. If you're going to mislead through disingenuously taking a quote way out of context, try not to parrot the Romney camp. They were incredibly bad at it.

Stop posting this crap

All that is a recycling of the AWB list. The story you linked has absolutely no references or sources or even a basis in fact.

You don't understand. Obama's going to take our guns! We should all panic, drive prices up, and most importantly vote a straight Republican ticket!

Anyway, that so many people voted for Romney/Ryan proves that "facts" aren't important to the modern voter.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    The gun grab has been in existance since the invention of firearms.
    Ask any thug that is focused and intent on stealing yours.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    You people take the wrong mindset to this kind of thing.

You panic, hide, spread rumors, and fear it.

The proper reaction would be announcing your readiness to ensure the general public will not have their rights taken away, even if this means protecting people who are fighting against your rights.

Maybe it's a good time to start training and practicing, as well as getting your local community on the same page. When push comes to shove, legislation like this can not be enforced unless we all allow it. If you have any friends in the LEO community, I would be trying to get them on the same page as well as encouraging them to get their department on.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    What the President wants is irrelevant. Only what he does matters. The Democratic Party will not squander its political capital on guns at the national level. They've been down that road, and it ended poorly. Locally things could be different, but the PotUS isn't involved there.

Top Bottom