• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    It has been a week, but my guns remain ungrabbed. Please explain.

I guess you either missed or IGNORED the debates.

Perhaps sensing the a coming retort, the president acknowledged his own city of Chicago, a city with some of the strictest gun laws in the country, is rife with gun violence. “Frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there’s an awful lot of violence and they’re not using AK-47s. They’re using cheap hand guns.”

link

When a LIBERAL blames something (like cheap handguns), that means they will try to ELIMINATE them. There is a long history of this. look at the coal industry. In 2008, Obama blamed them. Now, the EPA is shutting it down. And the layoffs ensue.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Perhaps sensing the a coming retort, the president acknowledged his own city of Chicago, a city with some of the strictest gun laws in the country, is rife with gun violence. “Frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there’s an awful lot of violence and they’re not using AK-47s. They’re using cheap hand guns.”

link

When a LIBERAL blames something (like cheap handguns), that means they will try to ELIMINATE them. There is a long history of this. look at the coal industry. In 2008, Obama blamed them. Now, the EPA is shutting it down. And the layoffs ensue.

Unfortunately you will never get some people to believe it or to stand against it until it does happen and it is too late.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Sounds like you need to get to the range more.

This is true. Between family and work I spend far too little time shooting.

link

No, I watched all four debates. Multiple times, even.

That question seemed to catch both candidates flatfooted. I read the response as "Please don't think I plan to try another AWB."

And I'm going to need a citation on your claim that the EPA is shutting down the coal industry. That's simply not true at all.

But if you want to play this game, let's put you on record as predicting a national ban on all inexpensive handguns by the end of 2016. Would you like to place a wager on that?

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Even though the Republicans got their butts kicked an outright grab will be hard to do due to the fact that a lot of Dems are in toss up House districts and even some Senate seats might be in jeprody if they come on too strong. I agree the "grab" will be in degrees. I think the biggest tragedy from the election results will be the Supreme Court nominees that will be coming. The only hope there is that many times an appointee turns on the ideology that got him/her there (John Roberts?)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This is true. Between family and work I spend far too little time shooting.

No, I watched all four debates. Multiple times, even.

That question seemed to catch both candidates flatfooted. I read the response as "Please don't think I plan to try another AWB."

And I'm going to need a citation on your claim that the EPA is shutting down the coal industry. That's simply not true at all.

But if you want to play this game, let's put you on record as predicting a national ban on all inexpensive handguns by the end of 2016. Would you like to place a wager on that?
    You can't seriously believe that. Do you read any news other than the Huffington Post?

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    You can't seriously believe that. Do you read any news other than the Huffington Post?

I don't care for the Huffington Post, so I exclusively read news other than HuffPo.

But if you want to help a fellow Fox News Channel/right wing talk radio addict* out, feel free to provide credible documentation in support of the claim that "the EPA is shutting down the coal industry."

* See what I did there?

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Seriously? You haven't heard of the coal mines being shut down? They are being over regulated, fined forcing them to go out of business. Thousands unemployed since Obama got into office! Check out PA and Ohio for starters. (Why Ohio voted for "The One" is one for the books. Wow!) Obama even said that he would do it. Some nuke plants as well asap.

Our "electric bills would necessarily skyrocket". He said this before he was elected the first time.

Danger Boy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Clark county
    Just saw a disturbing news story that listed guns that may banned (added to UN list)... Not sure of the source... the only thing that wasn't on the list that resembles a gun was a Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun... But once they read this post I'm sure it will be added...

Great... now there's gonna be a run on BBs... Better get while u can.

Is there an emoticon that represents "has the world lost its MIND...!" :-( just doesn't cut it any longer.

Last edited:

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    We have been hearing this gun grab stuff for the past 20 years or so. The tide was going in that direction in the past. But since the 1996 election the tide has started to turn. Has it fully been turned around? No, but there has been quite a bit of progress. We still need the gun rights groups to continue to focus on fighting back. I don't think there is going to be a successful push to grab or restrict firearms in the next 10-15 years as long as we keep the pressure up. However, for future generations to continue to have 2nd Amendment rights we must begin educating and exposing our children and grandchildren about firearms and constitutional rights. This must be an active personal initiative that needs to be done now.

I'm not to concerned about Obama right now. The biggest threat he is right now is creating hysteria which raises prices. All bets are off in the 2016 elections if there is not an overwhelming clamor by Americans to begin restricting government. We must begin to focus on getting back to following basic constitutional principles.

Take your families and friends shooting, to Appleseeds, write letters, stand for freedom, and be active without being histrionic and scary to the rest of America.

Danger Boy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Clark county
    I take the business of consuming news very seriously... I take the multi-vitamin approach.
    20% fox... 5% tv news national... 30% local... The rest a hodgepodge of Internet sites.... News outlets that are left, middle, right....
    For example... Lots of crazy stuff on the follow site - however, there will be items that will stick out like a pink AR 15... And a few weeks later a mainstream outlet will pick it up and rewrite it as breaking news... Obamas Gun Ban List Is Out: "Here It Is, Folks, And It Is Bad News" | SurvivalObamas Gun Ban List Is Out: "Here It Is, Folks, And It Is Bad News" | Survival

Danger Boy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Clark county
    You can't make this stuff no more... The anti-gun agenda/lobby is so up in our face (gun owners)... attempting to demonize guns and redefine the 2nd amendment... Their message is so pervasive... guns bad / no guns good / not safe / criminal activity / let us protect you / guns kill / global warming caused by guns / danger danger danger et al... In my humble opinion, for the 1st time in our history mbe" have the power, momentum, and a perceived public mandat that their message could get real traction.

Danger Boy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Clark county
    Other than posting my opinions... I've started to invite friends and co-workers that I know have issues with guns over for a summer cookout... I slowly present my position on gun ownership... Show them I do not have an undergroung bunker (even if i did i wouldn't show them) full of guns... Show them my wife's gun... My guns... Then get one into their hands to do some target practice - by the end of our time together they leave informed and asking what kind and how they can get a gun.

Top Bottom