• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had heard the idea that even if Obama got reelected, he wouldn't last long, as the Congress was set to impeach him for all of his "If Congress won't act, then I'll just go around them" unconstitutional bullcrap. Problem with that idea is, just like the SCOTUS confirmation process, an impeachment trial has to take place in the Senate, and they just took three more seats away from the Republicans there, so they are moving from 53/47 Dems to 56/44 Dems. I don't see getting enough Senate Dems to vote for conviction of Obama for unconstitutional exercises of power, even if those unconstitutional exercises of power usurped the Senate's power itself. They're just too partisan for that. They may not like it, but as long as the abuses are by their man, they'll grin through gritted teeth and ask for more.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    It might come and it might not. But if the gun community gets all worked up and starts hoarding supplies what will happen is prices will sky rocket. How about we just be calm and go about business as usual until it surfaces and then we fight it tooth, nail and claw.

Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR
    ...I don't see getting enough Senate Dems to vote for conviction of Obama for unconstitutional exercises of power, even if those unconstitutional exercises of power usurped the Senate's power itself. They're just too partisan for that. They may not like it, but as long as the abuses are by their man, they'll grin through gritted teeth and ask for more.

I agree, but they have the potential in 3-4 years once people see the light and Obama becomes as unpopular as he should be. They might want to distance themselves from him in an attempt to win the 2016 election.

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Anyone that thinks a gun grab of any type is coming with the current republican majority in the house is delusional. It is up to the speaker to decide what gets a vote and what gets shelved.

The majority is huge right now in the house so for the next two years, please try to avoid artificially inflating gun, ammo and mag prices by tempering the paranoia.

We saw this scare in 2008 and i had to pay 25 to 30 bucks or more a box for 380 IF I could find it and the only legislation obama ever signed regarding guns is to allow concealed carry in national parks and transport of guns on amtrak with checked luggage....and that was WITH a sizable democratic majority in the house and senate from 08 to 10.

After 2014 is a different story if and ONLY if there is a massive dem wave sweep in the house. But with the redistricting done by red state governors and state houses based on 2010 census, a dem 2014 sweep is highly unlikely.

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    I've been hearing this argument for years. A gun grab won't happen for one simple reason. The people in office want to STAY in office. If they decided to take our guns away then every single one of them would be voted out of office at the next election. Besides, ain't nobody taking my guns away from me!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I wonder how many troops it would take to disarm the 90 million or so legal firearm owners, and how many to disarm those who don't have them legally. Just ask the chief of police of Chicago how easy it is to get all the firearms "off the streets".

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    This circle jerk is worse than any anti-gun propaganda.

Do you not realize what you're doing? You're preaching fear. The reason republicans continue to lose is because they are running on a platform of fear and anti-intellectualism, this is old and tired. Break free from this mold. We live in an age of information and understanding, you need to cater to that.

Stop trying to scare people into thinking what you think, and start educating them. Instead of trying to stir the pot by saying "OH MY GERD THE GUN GRABS IS COMIN" present evidence of potential legislation that we need to act against.

Display evidence of past transgressions, by this candidate, against our rights, based on facts with sources. Generate positive incentive for people to get involved with pro-gun organizations.

These boring opinions are silly. However, I'd love to her about any actual legislation that I'm currently unaware of that could negatively impact my future. Do you know of any?

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This circle jerk is worse than any anti-gun propaganda.

Do you not realize what you're doing? You're preaching fear. The reason republicans continue to lose is because they are running on a platform of fear and anti-intellectualism, this is old and tired. Break free from this mold. We live in an age of information and understanding, you need to cater to that.

Stop trying to scare people into thinking what you think, and start educating them. Instead of trying to stir the pot by saying "OH MY GERD THE GUN GRABS IS COMIN" present evidence of potential legislation that we need to act against.

Display evidence of past transgressions, by this candidate, against our rights, based on facts with sources. Generate positive incentive for people to get involved with pro-gun organizations.

These boring opinions are silly. However, I'd love to her about any actual legislation that I'm currently unaware of that could negatively impact my future. Do you know of any?

Did you even BOTHER to watch the debates?

Quotes from Obama:

“We’ve done a much better job in terms of background checks, but we’ve got more to do when it comes to enforcement,” he said. “What I’m trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced.”

“Frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there’s an awful lot of violence and they’re not using AK-47s. They’re using cheap hand guns.” Message: We are coming after the hand guns, too.

That is a pretty clear signal. You can choose to stick your head in the sand if you wish to. But don't criticize others who speak out and actually TRY to stop this crap from happening, BEFORE IT'S TOO FRIGGEN LATE.

/end rant

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    If you're going to post John 3:16 or something, at least have the decency to paste in the quote for us Godless souls who are too lazy to google it. Gosh, where's the common courtesy? Sheesh!

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I had heard the idea that even if Obama got reelected, he wouldn't last long, as the Congress was set to impeach him for all of his "If Congress won't act, then I'll just go around them" unconstitutional bullcrap. Problem with that idea is, just like the SCOTUS confirmation process, an impeachment trial has to take place in the Senate, and they just took three more seats away from the Republicans there, so they are moving from 53/47 Dems to 56/44 Dems. I don't see getting enough Senate Dems to vote for conviction of Obama for unconstitutional exercises of power, even if those unconstitutional exercises of power usurped the Senate's power itself. They're just too partisan for that. They may not like it, but as long as the abuses are by their man, they'll grin through gritted teeth and ask for more.

POTUS can still be charged and convicted of a crime without ever being impeached and/or convicted by the Senate.

However unlikely, once convicted and incarcerated, it would cause an inability for him to execute his duties. 25A then places the Veep to become acting president until the disability is resolved.....contingent upon the remaining language of the amendment.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    If you think it cannot/will not happen, it is because you are products of the Public indoctrinal, I mean education system. Two history lessons from very recient times, England, Australia.

Thanks for the good eye Tamara, I am having a terrible time with my heart medication and the low blood pressure affects my focus.

Last edited:

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    If you think it cannot/wil not happen, it is because you are products of the Public indoctrinal, I mean education system.

At least I can spell "will". ;)

500 words, please, on the primary differences between the private firearms ownership situations in the UK and Australia in the late '80s/early '90s and that in the USA in 2012. You will be graded on grammar, punctuation, and the accuracy of your facts. This assignment is due tomorrow.

Top Bottom