• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Actually I think black is pretty much universal. :dunno: Green looks more tactical than anything.

The maxpedition looks much better than the UTG. Especially in Khaki-foilage
    JUMBO VERSIPACK Concealed Carry Sling Bag - MAXPEDITION HARD-USE GEAR Tactical Nylon Gear for Military, Law Enforcement, Tactical Concealed Carry; Tailored to Perform Tactical

The UTG doesn't look like it has the main compartment drawstring like the MAX. :dunno: I think the Max is the better choice though. Looks more durable.

Like I said, personal preference/opinion.

I was going off the description of the UTG. There are better pictures here: Leapers, Inc. - Hunting/Shooting, Sporting Goods and Security Gear

The Maxpedition is def. worth the money in my opinion. GearTrade - Maxpedition - Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    In my opinion, a get home bag means different things to everyone. Some people want a GHB that contains the bear essentials, and others prefer a larger, more inclusive setup. My stance is simple, I rather have it, and not need it, then need it, and not have it. My truck bag contains a lot of things, and some of the things get used frequently with no emergency pressing. For example I had a job interview yesterday so I packed my cloths that I would be changing into after I left my current job. Well wouldn't yah know I drove the 35 miles to the interview only to realize I forgot to bring my dang belt ! Saved by my truck bag since there is one in there :) I use things out of it all the time, and incase of an emergency I will tailor the contents as needed. If I know I am not going to need certain things I can just leave them in the truck. Here is the thread I made a while back on the this topic including my bag.....

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...aster_preparedness/13814-my_get_home_bag.html

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    In my opinion, a get home bag means different things to everyone. Some people want a GHB that contains the bear essentials, and others prefer a larger, more inclusive setup. My stance is simple, I rather have it, and not need it, then need it, and not have it. My truck bag contains a lot of things, and some of the things get used frequently with no emergency pressing. For example I had a job interview yesterday so I packed my cloths that I would be changing into after I left my current job. Well wouldn't yah know I drove the 35 miles to the interview only to realize I forgot to bring my dang belt ! Saved by my truck bag since there is one in there :) I use things out of it all the time, and incase of an emergency I will tailor the contents as needed. If I know I am not going to need certain things I can just leave them in the truck. Here is the thread I made a while back on the this topic including my bag.....

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...aster_preparedness/13814-my_get_home_bag.html

Got a good setup there. I usually keep a lot of things in my truck, but not in a bag. I just don't have any room to keep a bag in my truck knowing that I have 4 kids that will pile in at some point. I am looking at a truck box for the bed though.

My GHB I want to be small though. Something I can grab and run with in any condition. However, if I plan on traveling outside the Indy loop or more than 25-30 miles I always take my full BoB. If I have to hoof it, I have my GHB setup for one day, maybe two. I could sustain myself off of it if I had to, but only if it's just me and one or two others. Anyone else will be a little hungry. :):

Now that I figured out which bag I want to go with, I think sorting through what supplies I have and what ones I need to get in my next task. That and actually acquiring the bag. :):

Top Bottom