• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lyric911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Anderson
    I will find out soon where in the building we'll be. I'll be sure to post up when I know. The INGO banner will be flying, short of that, I don't know what else to do. Remember, this show will be in the other building.

This'll only be my 3rd 1500 - define other building?

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Does your booth have a sign that is visible or any thing that makes it stand out so i know its your booth?

Look for the good looking guy with all the cans!!! :rockwoot:

Seriously though, my table will have a "senate hearing green" table cloth and gun racks. I will set out a shirt with the logo also. I keep forgeting to make signs.

You can always call and I will tell you where I am set up. I will also post Thursday night on this thread where I will be because I will be setting up Thursday.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I would love a hat, a shirt, and a couple chamber flags but I have zero desire to drive all the way to the show and pay to get in just to get them...any chance of me paying postage and getting them mailed to me?

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I would love a hat, a shirt, and a couple chamber flags but I have zero desire to drive all the way to the show and pay to get in just to get them...any chance of me paying postage and getting them mailed to me?
    Or if you're still planning to be at the NWI shoot on the 6th, we could pick those things up for you on Saturday and bring them with us on Sunday...actually...we could probably pick up stuff for others, too, if everyone promises to pay up on Sunday. I think I'll go post this in the thread about the shoot right now!

Grux

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    Any pictures of what the shirts look like? I wouldn't mind picking one up.

When is the best time to go to avoid the shoulder to shoulder walking? I usually go Saturday morning.... but thought about going Friday night this time.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Free One Day Indy 1500 admission ticket to the first person that posts the correct answer to this question. I will mail the ticket tomorrow via USPS first class.

Who is generally regarded as the first person to have designed/invented a "Machine Gun"?

His invention was an 8 barreled manually operated ground mounted and barely movable weapon.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The first machine gun was the Defense Gun, invented by James Puckle in England in 1718. It was a single barrel flintlock gun with multiple revolving chambers. It was operated by a hand crank. The intended use was repelling boarders on ships. The Puckle gun was not used very widely and failed commercially.

An American inventor, Dr. Richard J. Gatling, invented in 1861 and patented in 1862 the hand-cranked multibarrel gun that can be considered the first cartridge machine gun. It was used in the American Civil War.
    The first commercially successful self-operating machine gun was invented by another American, who later emigrated to England, Hiram Stevens Maxim. Maxim formed a company to produce his gun in 1896. This company later became Vickers.

Maxim's design was highly successful and found many buyers. The Maxim gun (Vickers gun in England) saw service on all sides of WWI and many conflicts around the world afterwards.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Leonardo Da Vinci

Complete genius, that man.

leonardo-da-vinci-machine-gun.jpg

Free One Day Indy 1500 admission ticket to the first person that posts the correct answer to this question. I will mail the ticket tomorrow via USPS first class.

Who is generally regarded as the first person to have designed/invented a "Machine Gun"?

His invention was an 8 barreled manually operated ground mounted and barely movable weapon.

Last edited:

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Leonardo Da Vinci

Complete genius, that man.

leonardo-da-vinci-machine-gun.jpg

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!!

PM ME THE ADDRESS YOU WOULD LIKE THE TICKET MAILED.

"Multi-barreled Machine Gun (ca. 1482)

Attempting to increase the firepower of a traditional cannon, Leonardo da Vinci designed this innovative 12-barreled gun carriage. Though hardly capable of rapid-fire, this design housed an ingenious aiming and loading mechanism. The fan-like shape made it a potentially effective weapon against massed advancing troops, by widening the field of fire and reducing possible mistakes. Additionally, its lightweight and large wheels would have provided for excellent mobility on the battlefield."

OK so my original source got the number of barrels wrong.....Wikapedia's fault not mine!!

Top Bottom