General June 2011 Indy 1500 Discussion Goes Here!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The INGO gear is all the requirement you need. We will have lots of it. This is the table where you will want to spend all of your money. you come on Saturday, you can even meet me. You can also meet full_auto of Military Arms as well as other INGO members. You'll also get a chance to buy Bryan Ciyou's book which is a must have for all gun owners in Indiana.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Hope to be there sometime during the weekend. Looking for:
    SKS
    Sub 2000 in 9mm
    Cheap 7.62x39 ammo
    Mags for M70AB2
    IWB mag holsters
    Possibly a Mosin if cheap enough

Last edited:

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Since I posted in the vendor forum (mistakenly) I'll repost here. Any particular booth i should hit up for 9mm and 45acp large quantities? Pers Prot but mostly target/range. Also interested in 1911s and maybe a Sig P226. We'll c what I can find if I don't spend all my toy money before hand.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Ill have both 9 and 45 from Precision Cartridge available.

I'll second this. So far I have had better luck with the ammo Cwood sells then I have with Federal Champion.

Cwood, I may be there too, so look out.:rolleyes::): Both of my brothers are in a Strongman Competition there in Indy and I am not sure how hard it is going to be to get back and forth from the fairgrounds to the convention center.:dunno:

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    The INGO gear is all the requirement you need. We will have lots of it. This is the table where you will want to spend all of your money. you come on Saturday, you can even meet me. You can also meet full_auto of Military Arms as well as other INGO members. You'll also get a chance to buy Bryan Ciyou's book which is a must have for all gun owners in Indiana.

Hmm..go Saturday and see Spasmo again or leave work early Friday and risk ?? at the INGO booth? So who's working INGO on Friday? :D

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You know you want to see me again!!!! :D Who wouldn't? :) hehehe

Last time, I had a nice conversation with someone about coffee. He had a Starbucks cup. And for those interested, I like a Venti - nonfat- no water - 7 pump chai :) I'm sure there's something else we can chat about too.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    You know you want to see me again!!!! :D Who wouldn't? :) hehehe

Last time, I had a nice conversation with someone about coffee. He had a Starbucks cup. And for those interested, I like a Venti - nonfat- no water - 7 pump chai :) I'm sure there's something else we can chat about too.

I don't know if I should risk it. Last time Scutter01 was there with you, pretending to be Rhino. I had nightmares about that for a week.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I've heard she'll be available for rent. I'm not sure what that's all about, but we can always use some extra cash.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Never been to a gun show, so I might use this as an opportunity to check it out. I do have a few questions, though. Please excuse me if they sound obvious or stupid. Again, first time.

Do you/can you carry?
    Is it a good opportunity to find/purchase guns that you are on the market for?
    Are the prices typically better at a show like this, rather than elsewhere?

kirch86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    My brother and I are going to try to go. I am in the market for a 9mm carry. Thinking MP9c. Maybe a holster too

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Never been to a gun show, so I might use this as an opportunity to check it out. I do have a few questions, though. Please excuse me if they sound obvious or stupid. Again, first time.

Do you/can you carry?

Yes you may carry. You are to clear it BEFORE YOU ENTER the building. They'll put a zip tie through it.

It seems as if I've always been able to find a handgun that I'm interested in. The price on the other hand is a different story. One table can have it for $50 less than a few tables down the row. Our vendors sometimes offer you deals so make sure you contact them ahead of time (if there's something you are interested in in particular) to see if they can bring it. If you are just checking them out to see if they feel good in the hand, then this is a good time to do it.

Pricing is hit and miss...

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    It seems as if I've always been able to find a handgun that I'm interested in.

You must be the luckiest person on earth. lol. I have hit and miss experiences with this. If you are looking for an average fairly common gun I would say you would have no problems. The last one I went with the intent of buying a Ruger LC9 and a Taurus Raging Bull 44. Couldn't find a single one of either. :( If any of our follow dealers will have a LC9 and would be willing to hold it I would be willing to put a deposit on it.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Do you/can you carry?

There's a whole section of the INGO FAQ covering gun shows, including the carry question. :ingo:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

Do you/can you carry??

You have to unload before entering the building and they check your weapons at the door. If you hae a problem with this, don't worry, once you're inside for about thirty seconds you'll be glad everyone else was disarmed. Trust me on this.

Is it a good opportunity to find/purchase guns that you are on the market for??
    Hit and miss. for me it's usually miss.

No. There are a few exceptions, however.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I've heard she'll be available for rent. I'm not sure what that's all about, but we can always use some extra cash.

I'll be renting lexie out to. she has a proven track record of improving sales with her cuteness, and if that doesn't work she'll extort them at knife point.

Top Bottom