• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    They are terrible. winchester 100 rd value packs in .40 are 50 bucks.
    Federal .40 (box of 50) was 24 bucks or so.
    A new full sized glock (17 or 19?) in 9mm is 599. How do they get off charging so much? their selection was good, but who cares. Ripoff.

Indy500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I would be more surprised if somebody commented about the great prices at Gander Mountain. They are high on about everything.

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    About a month ago they had a "Used Pistol Deal", beat to hell Beretta 92FS pistols, one mag for only $499. These things made the 96's that Bradis gets look brand new. What a deal!

Ammo and guns there are 20-30 percent higher than everyone else at least...

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Nuthin' new...

However, one time I did stop in after an INGO transaction, they did have .380 Golden Sabres for 19 bucks a box of 25. I about died, thinking maybe it was a miss mark.. :D

simpson1922

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Benre, IN
    The only time i find good ammo prices at gander is when i take in a cabela's ad and they price match. i got hornady 22-250 for 19.99 a box when there sale price was 29.99 i was suprised the accepted the cabela's ad.

dye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Indiana
    They are always high priced on guns and ammo. Usually the ammo shelves are pretty empty. Somebody's buying it.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    I stopped in locally here and the large pistol primers were 49.99 before tax ..... ouch. I passed on that deal. I didn't know they would price match though. Hmmmm this could be good. Shows how much I pay attention.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Gander has been an ammo &&& raper since they have opend. They used to have Wolf 7.62x39 for pretty cheap, but that was before Osama got elected. I would not buy any other ammo from them except for .22's.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    I quit going there a long time ago as they will cram it in your a@# on trade in on firearms....I took a "MINT" condition Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon II Sporting Clays O/U in 20ga in to do a trade....The gun was $2,800 brand new and was only about 8 months old.....guess what they offered me as trade in?????? :dunno:$845!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dunno: WTF?????? Did they really think a person would take that kind of money for a shotgun worth almost 3k????
    and all of their prices are thru the roof as well....

F@#$ EM:D

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    I with you guys, I don't get it. But, every time i'm in there, they are stacked up at the counter buying guns. Glock mags are like $30 or something there!!! The ammo is pretty much twice what wal-mart has.

I've wondered the same thing--how can they sell ANYTHING when Dick's and everyone else is cheaper? Just don't get it.

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    I with you guys, I don't get it. But, every time i'm in there, they are stacked up at the counter buying guns. Glock mags are like $30 or something there!!! The ammo is pretty much twice what wal-mart has.

I've wondered the same thing--how can they sell ANYTHING when Dick's and everyone else is cheaper? Just don't get it.

Sometimes it is one's only option. Sometimes it is just ignorance on the consumers behalf. And sometimes people may just not even care that they're getting bent over.

erik7941

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Noblesville
    I quit going there a long time ago as they will cram it in your a@# on trade in on firearms....I took a "MINT" condition Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon II Sporting Clays O/U in 20ga in to do a trade....The gun was $2,800 brand new and was only about 8 months old.....guess what they offered me as trade in?????? :dunno:$845!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dunno: WTF?????? Did they really think a person would take that kind of money for a shotgun worth almost 3k????
    and all of their prices are thru the roof as well....

F@#$ EM:D

You should've seen me about it instead. I love Beretta firearms. I've been bird hunting and skeet shooting my whole life. I used to have one myself and had to sell it. I wish I still had it though.

erik7941

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Noblesville
    I think Gander Mountain has gotten worse on ammo prices. 4 or 5 months ago, I bought a 250 round box of UMC 9mm for $79.99. Last week I went down there and they had the same 250 round box of UMC 9mm for $129.99. The only thing I bought down there was some 9mm HP (I couldn't find any around where I live) and some 7.62x54r ammo. But as a general rule, I try to avoid Gander for anything firearms related because they're so overpriced.

Top Bottom