• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barnstormer37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    I made the mistake of stopping in the G M store on East 86th Street in Indianapolis this afternoon. Their display cases are absolutely filled with handguns. The prices seemed to me to be 10 to 15 percent too high, but they had exactly what I was looking for. I did not buy, prefer to wait and see if a local dealer can supply me at a better price. Looked like they had virtually one of every revolver everyone makes. I'm not much interested in the semiautos so did not look closely, but they had a bunch of them too. Eye candy with a price tag!

But they still did not have any .22LR or .22WMR.

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    I haven't been to that Gander Mt for several months now. I thought I heard they were expanding their gun selection. Have they yet? I mean, physical displays expanding to hold more guns. Or have they just crammed more into what they already had?

RedThunder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Indy-North
    After going in about a month ago and seeing regular .308 for $50.00 a box, I'm done with Gander and will never shop there again. Just taking advantage.

I know there are those who are going to throw their "capitalist ideals" at me and bang on about making a buck, supply and demand and all the rest of it. But its simply taking advantage of people during difficult times.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    After going in about a month ago and seeing regular .308 for $50.00 a box, I'm done with Gander and will never shop there again. Just taking advantage.

I know there are those who are going to throw their "capitalist ideals" at me and bang on about making a buck, supply and demand and all the rest of it. But its simply taking advantage of people during difficult times.
    This. I browsed the Greenwood store a couple of weeks ago and they were sticking .45acp at the same kind of prices. I didn't need any but was curious about prices.
    All I bought was targets. I could have bought cheaper but I was there, I was out of targets, and didn't want to run all over creation looking for about $1.00 difference.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh, people whine because they can't get it for what they were paying last year, or because hoarders and flippers buy it all up. There may be more to it than simply gouging. Gander's kind of high at the best of times, and you know that. Maybe they're marking it up some to discourage hoarders and flippers, so it'll more likely be there if you really need some. Maybe, just maybe, they're paying more for it themselves, and it's marked up proportionally. Maybe they're just a bunch of richards. While things are this crazy is not the best time to evaluate whether or not to boycott someplace forever, unless they've done something egregious like CTD or Dick's.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Oh, people whine because they can't get it for what they were paying last year, or because hoarders and flippers buy it all up. There may be more to it than simply gouging. Gander's kind of high at the best of times, and you know that. Maybe they're marking it up some to discourage hoarders and flippers, so it'll more likely be there if you really need some. Maybe, just maybe, they're paying more for it themselves, and it's marked up proportionally. Maybe they're just a bunch of richards. While things are this crazy is not the best time to evaluate whether or not to boycott someplace forever, unless they've done something egregious like CTD or Dick's.
    What is this????? Common sense and logic?!?!?!?!?!?

The banhammer shall fall on you hard, my friend.

Hooiserfloyd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    What is about the 22lr ? It's more expensive to shoot a 22lr than othere calibers. What am I missing ? I don't get it.:dunno:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    What is about the 22lr ? It's more expensive to shoot a 22lr than othere calibers. What am I missing ? I don't get it.:dunno:
    When 1829417294817291 people want .22LR, it's going to be scarce and expensive.

I have several thousand rounds myself, bought at $13 per box of 550 long before the panic began. Wasn't hording, just don't like making extraneous trips for such cheap items.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers

:facepalm: 22lr is cheap. THAT is probably why it's so scarce. EVERYone wants it. I have no problem grabbing my 380 or 9mm while everyone else is mobbing the 22lr. And both are more expensive

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    Haven't seen hardly anyone selling ammo at the prices it was at 6 months ago. If someone is advertising a low price these days it generally means it's either a less popular caliber or they don't have it in stock. GM isn't the only place raising their prices, look around. I don't like it anymore then everyone else, but unlike obamacare, no one's forcing me to buy it either. Might as well build a bridge and get over it. Just like gas, I doubt we see the prices we were used to again.

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I went a couple of weeks ago and was number 50 in line and the ammo was gone by #15 took 8 mins to saleout. So I have not been going to the GM in fort wayne the last couple of weeks. But there ammo if they have it is cheaper then any gunshop it town. So whats that say about the gunstores. So maybe LGS pay a little more because of the Qty they buy but dang they don't have to try and rape you. Yeah there shop free market and all that stuff thats fine. The only people buying at crazy prices are the people with endless bank accounts, and tax refund checks. And the people that can't afford a buck a round for 223 or 20 and 30 cents a round for 22lr will be going to walmart and gander mountain after all this panic is over cause they didn't raise there prices alot but just a little. I will go back to every gunstore in fortwayne and support them but will support gander and walmart just as much now.

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.

Yep.^^^

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Everyone is complaining about finding 22lr at increased prices. Well, buying it or not is up to you, but at least you are finding some. I havent found ANY 22lr in a long time. I haVENT BEEN TO THE RANGE IN A LONG TIME AND I`M DAMN TIRED OF IT. So you capitalistic horders, kiss my ......... :) have anice day.

grasshopperlegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Cartersburg.
    I was at Gander Mt. In Green wood Monday and they told me that they was getting in all kinds of guns this Friday which should be in the morning. I ask about the ammo and I got a funny look. So I guess whats the use in getting a Weapon or gun with no ammo for it. What gives ??

Top Bottom