• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    If the firms that are handling peoples retirement were on the other side of the shorts, we would not be hearing about people's retirement being a victim.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    It was never a secret.
    TLDR:
    “If he is what he says he is, he’s not breaking the law,” said Scott Silver, a securities lawyer and managing partner of Silver Law Group. “There’s absolutely nothing wrong to tell others to buy a stock if it’s honest and in good faith.”

That doesn't mean that the process will not be the punishment, and he'll have to spend a lot of money defending himself in the courts.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Robinhood is not allowing you to use your instant deposit to buy crypto.

I just signed up for Robinhood... Weird home page but I can't wait to jump in.

wXHpYcs.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    oh please, the big guy always finds a way to win, the government will help them...etc... im just happy to make my money and bounce.
    I'm sure that is what Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette told themselves, also

What you say is true, right up until it isn't; and the people that find themselves in the tumbrel always do so because they don't know when to quit

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm impressed with the solidarity of these crazy kids so far. Many of them who got in early have to be up millions. I expected a major sell off by now, but they seem to be holding out for the serious $$$.
    I think it is more than that. I think they're holding out to teach the vultures as painful a lesson as possible

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The entire 3M members of WSB didn’t hatch this plan. I’ve been watching this a while and a very small group started talking about GME and shorts last year. We know Congress called Facebook, Twitter, and others to the carpet over foreign actors interfering with elections for at least the last 4-5 years by creating fake political action groups, fake posts, disinformation, etc. on those platforms. All I’m saying is that it’s possible a similar group could plant the seeds for something like this to damage our economy. WSB was hidden, and then made private, just a few days ago because of the amount of bots and new members coming in to push other stocks. The suspicion then was big companies were trying to distract people away from GME to kill momentum. If Reddit recognized the potential for manipulation and reacted to the threat, I’m going to pay attention. Everyone is getting a kick out of billionaires getting owned, but keep a clear head.
    This is totally specious. The big short sellers gave the gun and the bullets to those organizing the squeeze, they can't complain when someone pulls the trigger

They would not be in the position they are in if they had colored within the lines. I thought we were against moral hazard and protecting people from the consequences of actions they have freely taken

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Maybe. :dunno:

I'm personally not into teaching people who aren't my children lessons that may cost me large sums of $$$.
    If the hedges had any sense, they would make an offer to end the problem with survivable losses - like the above market tender made during a buyout. They could offer something like $500 per share for a tender of enough shares to close out their positions with a time limit. By being stubborn and thinking .gov will ride to the rescue, they are blowing up market credibility and losing friends at treasury and the SEC. They could wind up a blood sacrifice like Lehman Bros.

Like Charles VI at Agincourt, they are unable to admit defeat or seemingly even able to recognize it when it happens

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    To be fair, Google has a standing policy against people using ratings to purposefully tank an app rank.

Supposedly many of those reviews they deleted were entered specifically to manipulate its rank. Not to inform others about the quality of the app.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'm sorry, I believe this is yet another false flag. The short companies were VERY vocal and slamming the stock. that's market manipulation.

then some dudes make plays against the short position and talk about it. some other dudes join in. Then GME adds a CHWY founder to the board and stock pops instantly.

this triggers all the big money bots to start buying shares to cover their short positions. Reddit THEN really gets involved and people try to make money buy buying the shares the short company is trying to buy.

welcome to the free market brothers. But they stopped individual traders from trading and blamed reddit. Complete horseshit. reddit does not have that kind of power. but now we're going to get federal regulation regulation taxes against speculative trading by private traders, something they wanted for decades.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    That's actually not terrible advice.
    No, it’s not really. As Kenny Rogers said, “know when to hold ‘em, know when to fold ‘em, know when to walk away, know when to run.”

For a wise “retail” investor, cashing out now (paper hands) yields huge gains and a lot of regular folks make a lot of money (tendies).

For so many more though, it’s a statement about reclaiming their power after the abuses from and bailouts of Wall Street. There are soooo many that just want to see Big Money hurt and this is one way to make it happen. A lot of folks are happy to hold forever (diamond hands) let their investment die just to stick it to the man. Folks with a couple hundred dollar investment that has grown to six figures are gleefully willing to lose their virtual-money gains
    just to get one over on the folks who earn money in their sleep.

I would like to say that this will open up people’s eyes and change things, but it most likely won’t. Wall Street will get another bailout of some sort, the rules will change to benefit the elite, and the little guy, who was just playing by the same rules as the Fat Cats, will be “punished.”

The goods news is, they are crafting their message pretty well and digging in for a fight:

(Edited for language)
    “Alright everyone listen up. I’m tired of the bullsh**, you’re tired of the bullsh**, were all tired of the bullsh**, including everyone of the working class that aren’t even in GME, BB, NOK, BBBY, and AMC. There is so much universal disgust with Wall Street that the likes of AOC, Ted Cruz, Donald Trump Jr. Ro Khanna, Ted Lieu, and Robert Reich all agree that what we saw yesterday is blatant market manipulation.

We need to get the word out that the Short-Sale Rule is already a precedent of regulation by the SEC. If you don’t know what it is, click here: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/shortsalerule.asp

We need to get the word out that the SEC has the power to implement SSR on all our favorite stonks right now. Twitter, instagram, Reddit, and directly contacting your local congressional representatives and senators and demand that the SEC immediately enforce the SSR to prevent continued market manipulation. WSB is not political but both sides of congress are on our side right now and we absolutely cannot let this crucial moment slip to get the justice we deserve after yesterday.

If you do not know who your congressional representative is, click here: https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

You can use the following when they take your comment:

"I strongly urge congress to call on the executive branch and the SEC to implement and enforce the Short-Sale Rule on heavily shorted stocks to protect retail investors."

Say whatever else you want, but that is the key phrase that needs to be used. I also mentioned that this is currently charging up a tremendous amount of distrust in American markets that has the potential to devastate our economy on the world stage.

We are on the edge of glory and we have the numbers to push their hand and get the entire country behind this to prevent the abusive short ladder attacks we’ve been seeing all week.

GET THE F**KING WORD OUT. I like this stock way too much to not see it grow up and reach its full potential because of billionaire hedge funders strategically unwinding their positions through a series of short ladder attacks instead of letting the squeeze play on as it would in a truly free market.

Feel free to copy/paste this and spread it through the subreddit for all to see.

And don’t f**king forget............ F**KING

GME TO ALPHA CENTAURI”

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom