IN
    144133169_2863082730619368_1727148983458696047_o.jpg

jaymark6655

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Bloomington
    I have been seeing some articles stating how Elon's ability to move the market around with tweets is wrong and that regulations need to be changed to stop this. For me I am really not sure how that is any different or worse than Warren Buffett releasing a list of stocks he favors or has recently purchased. Now everybody goes and buys the same stock, driving the price up, and he profits.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Just because someone has a reason to lie is reason enough to distrust the information. But it's not evidence that they ARE lying. It's still worth knowing whether innoccent people are being hurt. But yeah, listing the people one's children might mention in a bedtime prayer sounds dubious. "...and please help the police officers and the teachers and the farmers...amen."

:runaway: OMG they're ruining the police and teacher retirements!
    CBOT’s been ruining my retirement for decades.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    I have been seeing some articles stating how Elon's ability to move the market around with tweets is wrong and that regulations need to be changed to stop this. For me I am really not sure how that is any different or worse than Warren Buffett releasing a list of stocks he favors or has recently purchased. Now everybody goes and buys the same stock, driving the price up, and he profits.
    it's not any different other than Buffett is a financial advisor and Musk is not.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    it's not any different other than Buffett is a financial advisor and Musk is not.
    Elon doesn’t even have to make his tweets overt and people are doing complex analysis on them to try to find any clue for what to buy or sell. All he Said before stock split was “stock price is too high”.

on GME and Reddit. Despite the share price shooting up like a rocket shorts have thus far refused to get out. ortex still shows short interest at 100+%. They are absolutely certain that this will tank the market if they are made to pay up and they are absolutely certain they will get a bailout. TARP anyone?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Heck, how is it even worse than Jim Cramer making bank selling paid advice on what to buy, and then a week later hyping the same stocks on his show so that it always rains a little for his paid subscribers

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I found this an interesting explanation for those of us not knowledgeable on this whole situation. View attachment 123339
    You do have the choice not to buy it back at $25. You can decide to wait until it drops back down, but you have to pay interest on the loan until you return it. That's why these big hedge funds are in a panic. If retail investors keep holding, the hedge funds keep paying interest...

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    You do have the choice not to buy it back at $25. You can decide to wait until it drops back down, but you have to pay interest on the loan until you return it. That's why these big hedge funds are in a panic. If retail investors keep holding, the hedge funds keep paying interest...
    In 2008 it took almost two weeks for VW stock to hit €1000+, this short squeeze on GME is not even close to over yet IMHO. The interest Melvin Capitol must be paying right now is probably insane..

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    She and Pelosi have been calling Republicans "the enemy." Including the ones in Congress. Odd words for a group who claims they want "unity." Dangerous words that can only lead to a bad place.
    Probably the most accurate, least deceitful thing the old bitch has said in years though so I give her a little credit there.

Top Bottom