Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "Big Ass Chain Store" in Hardhome.

Giants brought them.

Or something.

D&D don't seem interested in maintaining a cohesive story or timeline anymore. Blame GRRM

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Baelish's end was played out perfectly. I saw it coming, from his "I play a little game" dialogue scene.

And the reveal of Jon Snow as Aegon Targaryen, and the rightful heir, was excellently done, especially with the juxtaposition. (And, technically, unless it happened off-screen, Jon/Aegon has never actually bent the knee.)

But I still think the Ice Dragon is stupid. I'll be really curious to see if it matches what GRRM does in the book. (I still would prefer a Bran-centric theme with respect to the army of the dead getting past the wall.)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Oh, forgot to add:

The Hound was surprisingly unafraid of the Mountain - perhaps because the former had already faced life-and-death against the reanimated dead.

And Jamie is now in open defiance to Cersei, who has nothing left other than the penis-head helmeted Kingsguard.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Although his end was anticlimactic, I am happy I called it on Baelish and and the dagger!

I was also happy that Samwell was able to bring a surprise to the table of Bran, that was neat that he knew something Bran did not.

Cersei never fails to not surprise me. When given the clear choice of a right and wrong path, she inevitably chooses the wrong.

Maester Qyburn's scene with the undead was fun. A truer necromancer there never was in Kings Landing.

I wonder how long it will take before Bron joins Jamie? I am betting he shows up soon.

It will be good to see how they finally defeat the Night King himself. Will it be in a great sword fight that is epic beyond all imagination, or will it be little Arya with a Valyrian steel dagger quietly in the back?

Regards,

Doug

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Although his end was anticlimactic, I am happy I called it on Baelish and and the dagger!

I was also happy that Samwell was able to bring a surprise to the table of Bran, that was neat that he knew something Bran did not.

Cersei never fails to not surprise me. When given the clear choice of a right and wrong path, she inevitably chooses the wrong.

Maester Qyburn's scene with the undead was fun. A truer necromancer there never was in Kings Landing.

I wonder how long it will take before Bron joins Jamie? I am betting he shows up soon.

It will be good to see how they finally defeat the Night King himself. Will it be in a great sword fight that is epic beyond all imagination, or will it be little Arya with a Valyrian steel dagger quietly in the back?

Regards,

Doug

Good call on the dagger. That certainly had the touch of GRRM.

And, odd that the Three Eye'd Raven, who "remembers everything" would not have known about the wedding of Rhaegar and Lyana.

I still don't know/believe that Cersei is pregnant, with a real, live, human baby. As you mention: Qyburn is a true necromancer. And I still have faith in the prophecy (though Jon and Dany certainly have something to say about the trustworthiness of prophecies made by witches...).

Did Bron ever leave Jamie?

I don't see a believable scenario in which the Night King is defeated, without either Bran, or Jon (Aegon) being involved - perhaps, both. (Maybe Arya gets to cross Cersei off her list, though?)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Was this episode the last for this season or something?
    I've watched every episode and I come here to read this thread just now and it's like you guys are talking in another language lol.
    I don't even remember all the names.
    So did I miss something or did she just bone her brother last night?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Was this episode the last for this season or something?
    I've watched every episode and I come here to read this thread just now and it's like you guys are talking in another language lol.
    I don't even remember all the names.
    So did I miss something or did she just bone her brother last night?

Nephew, technically.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Regards,

Doug

Ohhh.... I don't know. That seems like the obvious thing, right? Remember this is based on the works of Mr. "I didn't see that coming" GRRM. With Jamie gone, Bronn may have just gotten a promotion, and now the head of the Lannister army. I wouldn't put it past them to having Jamie/Tyrion being forced to kill Bronn.

And you see a epic sword fight? I think it will be an epic mounted dragon fight.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I can just see next year's series. Dani weighs 325, is sitting in the iron double-wide watching soaps and yelling at Jon to go take the dragons for a walk.

Top Bottom