• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    I still haven't been convinced this is a "geme changer" in any way.

I said game changer for the fact that IMO, Glock now being based in the US, has more opportunity to change their product line. Doesn't mean theyre more or less effective, just that IMO they have less restrictions in the US and more demand for "something else"...whatever that may be. This of course still depends on machining/tooling as well as patents. I dont think this will alter the firearms world drastically, just might add flavors in the glock line.

Also, for the record: I love all firemans, however own no glocks. Glock was my first handgun though, and I have no complaints with them. As stated many times by others, they are the honda's of the gun world. (in other words, i'm not a fan boy for them by any means but do like them)...If anything I'm an HK snob ;)

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    People get really worked up about Glocks. Has any Glock manufactured in the last five years exploded using non-defective factory ammunition? It's difficult to fault the gun when some moron double charges his handloads.

No idea why Glock would bother expanding their product line. They seem to be doing pretty well with what they're already offering. I would buy a slim single-stack 9mm carry pistol from them if one were available, but one thing Glock doesn't do is "slim."

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Last night I picked up a new G19 for my wife. It was made in Austria, but the finish on the slide was noticably different than the G19 or G26 I've had for years. We'll see what happens when I put it through it's trials. So long as it functions like a glock should I won't care, but it'll be intersting to compare how the two finishes hold up.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom