• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Glocks market is global, Mil/LE all over the world and civilian. Giving up a small % of US civilian market to the M&P. Would be chump change. Compare it to British contract and the likely US contract in the future.
    It's still lost money, chump change or not. It doesn't matter.
    Glock will never get the main U.S. Military contract for a sidearm. The military brass wants an external safety at least. Which I think is stupid. I would support glock 19's being the sidearm of the military.
    im a nobody in that decision so it doesn't matter what I think.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    It's still lost money, chump change or not. It doesn't matter.
    Glock will never get the main U.S. Military contract for a sidearm. The military brass wants an external safety at least. Which I think is stupid. I would support glock 19's being the sidearm of the military.
    im a nobody in that decision so it doesn't matter what I think.

Your right money is money. The US is the world gun market. Yes the military's around the world buy guns. But the entire civilian market is the US market, and Glock owns that market, it also owns the police market and is getting into the military market hard (UK). And Glock will get that US government contact from Beretta. Being made in the USA helps that. Putting a safety on a Glock is not big deal, you can do it aftermarket very cheap. Glock can do it even better, and for a few billion, I think they will.

Again I don't think a Glock is the only good gun out there. Hell for pure plinking fun, nothing beats a 1911, the crisp trigger pull, the weight of a 1911; a 1911 is just a more fun gun to shoot. Period. And there are lots of good Glock type guns out there;M&P's XD's the list is pretty big. But a Glock is still a GLock; a very well made reliable, easy to shoot, easy to maintain, almost indestructible (you have to try to break a Glock) great gun. The big problem with GLocks are the fanbois who refuse to acknowledge that any other gun could be better then a Glock for some things. And Glock haters who refuse to acknowledge that a Glock is a great gun, maybe just not for them.

This video sums that up nice;

[video=youtube;B_SFZaZ8v8g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_SFZaZ8v8g[/video]

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Why not? Cant you just as easily say why would I want a .380 anything? I have no doubt that a Glock 25 is a great gun, I've never fired one. But I assume it's the same as a Glock 19. You know the gun that is one of the best guns in the world/ever made.

I think there would be a limited market for them, but they would sell none the less. For most, the appeal of a .380 is concealability over caliber. I like my Sig P238 because I can take that gun places I cannot take others. But, since the Glock 25 is the same as the Glock 26 and Glock 27, the appeal will not be there for most folks. You gain a round when you go from a Glock 27 to a Glock 26, but I don't think you would see that in a 25. What you would have is a gun that could be shot by folks that are very recoil sensitive. Folks that have physical limitations that prevent shooting something with a bit of kick might be able to handle the Glock 25. For most folks though, I think they'd just go for the 9 if they can.

Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    We've all seen this I'm sure, and we all know its fake...and I'm sure Gaston Glock is rolling over in his grave...BUT....glock1911.jpg I'm just saying....wouldn't that be awesome? And still at the ~$550-600 range!?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Glock .380's are the exact same size and capacity as the 9mm versions. They are desirable in countries that ban civilians from using "military calibers". Pointless in the US.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Glock .380's are the exact same size and capacity as the 9mm versions. They are desirable in countries that ban civilians from using "military calibers". Pointless in the US.

Agreed. Not sure if it's pointless. But pretty dame close to it. Unless someone just loves .380 that much over a 9MM. Why that would be I don't know, but to each there own.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    glocks are fine guns, in the same way a Toyota Camry is a fine car there simple to use, and there will always be parts for them. but i still dislike glocks for a couple reason the finger grooves, there polymer frame( i know im old school), i dont like the trigger and there factory sights kinda suck. while im happy to see them made here i doubt i will ever buy one. its a ford vs chevy style argument it your money buy what appeals to you. im sticking with my hi power

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    what if they were to make a metal frame glock.

Not going to happen for a few reasons. Anything is possible, but it aint gonna happen.

First; most of the market is moving to plastic/carbon fiber/composites/ETC. This is done for weight issues and the big one PRICE/MONEY. Plastic, or composites are cheap, and easier to make. What do you think the profit margin is for a Glock. I's say it costs less then $100 to make a Glock, a lot less.
    One of the reasons Glock was so successful in the beginning was they did not have to worry about it's factories and how to re-tool them to make a new product. Gaston Glock started with a clean sheet of paper, he did not have the past weighing him down as to what he could make. S&W/Colt, they had those issues. They could not just come up with a completely new design, they had to worry about what there factories could make. Gaston did not have that problem.

But now Glock does have that problem, it's not a clean piece of paper anymore. They have to worry about re-tooling costs, and what there factories can make. Glock has become Colt.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom