• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Marc we must be on the same page tonight, as I was working on updating my thread when you posted this.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...dering_a_red_dot_for_my_defensive_pistol.html

I agree with Mr. Seeklander in his article-- red dots on pistols are the future and we'll continue to see them accepted on defensive pistols, much like they've been accepted on rifles.

What I am currently most interested in is seeing a manufacturer set out to design and build a red dot sight specifically for use on a defensive pistol. RMRs are great and probably the best thing currently available for such a task, but they are still re-purposed optics.

Even better would be a pistol company and an optic company coming together to design an integrated pistol/optic that was small, sleek, and low-profile.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Like most I think they are the wave of the future. I had/have intentions of milling out the slide on a pistol so I can give customers better pros and cons but it has taken a back burner mainly because I dont focus on pistol shooting much. I know alot of folks can give pros and cons by reading articles, but im not wired that way. The only way for me to give pros and cons is:ar15:.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Like most I think they are the wave of the future. I had/have intentions of milling out the slide on a pistol so I can give customers better pros and cons but it has taken a back burner mainly because I dont focus on pistol shooting much. I know alot of folks can give pros and cons by reading articles, but im not wired that way. The only way for me to give pros and cons is:ar15:.

Personally, I'd wait for the CORE to come out.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Alot of companies are good at listening to the customer and giving them what they want.

Glock is not one of those companies. The pretty much has this is it, take it of leave it.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I haven't bought anything in a long time but I REALLY want one of these for my M&P.

If you want to try before you buy, let me know...

ETA: To all, this offer is not just for my fellow moderators, if anyone is interested, let me know.

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    if it didnt cost upwards of $900 for a setup i would definately do that.

I'm in the same boat...

I have a couple of different "niches" to fill that will wipe out my budget.

I don't have the money for an optic, slide milling/mounting, refinishing, sights, etc etc. :(

And I do NOT want to sell my 686 to fund the project, either. :(:(

I could sell an M&P and a few extra mags and come REALLY REALLY close to fully funding the project - but then I'd only have one M&P. That'd suck. :n00b:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom