Funny Political Picture/Video Thread Part VIII** The other side makes this way too easy!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

45sRfun

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Other than seeing it on at my mother-in-law's house or turing it on at a hotel for weather, no TV. We had some videos for holidays we watched with the kids, and I did watch a movie, El Cid, on You Tube a couple years ago. Oh, and I watched the Chronicles of Narnia with my daughter and Three Stooges and Honeymooners reruns on disk with my son. But I don't have a television. I don't even know how to drive a modern car. My newest cars are 2008s and the controls are a pain in those. I prefer cars that have manual transmissions' hand-crank windows, analog gauges, three-dial HVAC, and at least two doors with keyholes. I don't even use the remote on my 2008 Fusion and that it only has one keyhole door sucks. The remote is too much bulk and sit on it and the horn can start honking or other weird stuff. I still have a land line phone at home but to carry a flip cell phone for emergencies. Desktop computer, no wi-fi at home. Only my work computer is a laptop. Ok, lots of humor here, but where is the political part? I am a die-hard conservative, rejecting Democrat party since I was born again in 1984 and now rejecting the Republican party too. There are a few good people up there but the parties are all corrupted.

My kids (around 30 in age) don't have a TV either and are also solid conservatives because we did not send them to government school, or even church school, but homeschooled them.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Other than seeing it on at my mother-in-law's house or turing it on at a hotel for weather, no TV. We had some videos for holidays we watched with the kids, and I did watch a movie, El Cid, on You Tube a couple years ago. Oh, and I watched the Chronicles of Narnia with my daughter and Three Stooges and Honeymooners reruns on disk with my son. But I don't have a television. I don't even know how to drive a modern car. My newest cars are 2008s and the controls are a pain in those. I prefer cars that have manual transmissions' hand-crank windows, analog gauges, three-dial HVAC, and at least two doors with keyholes. I don't even use the remote on my 2008 Fusion and that it only has one keyhole door sucks. The remote is too much bulk and sit on it and the horn can start honking or other weird stuff. I still have a land line phone at home but to carry a flip cell phone for emergencies. Desktop computer, no wi-fi at home. Only my work computer is a laptop. Ok, lots of humor here, but where is the political part? I am a die-hard conservative, rejecting Democrat party since I was born again in 1984 and now rejecting the Republican party too. There are a few good people up there but the parties are all corrupted.

My kids (around 30 in age) don't have a TV either and are also solid conservatives because we did not send them to government school, or even church school, but homeschooled them.
    Is ignorance something to be proud of now? Why should someone who does not live in the modern world have any say in what goes on in it? This is akin to those moron legislators who want to regulate the internet, but don't know what a URL is or think wiping a server requires a towel.

Everyone is free to live as they like, but thumping one's chest about a quasi-Amish lifestyle has nothing to do with being conservative. If you really care about politics, remaining ignorant about modern society is not a winning strategy. Nobody holds up the dullards who ignored the radar on December 7 as heroes for not using modern technology.

But you are on a social media site on the internet, and you use YouTube, so I'm guessing that there is more than a little exaggeration in your biography. A 2008 model year car is too complicated? Please...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Is ignorance something to be proud of now? Why should someone who does not live in the modern world have any say in what goes on in it? This is akin to those moron legislators who want to regulate the internet, but don't know what a URL is or think wiping a server requires a towel.

Everyone is free to live as they like, but thumping one's chest about a quasi-Amish lifestyle has nothing to do with being conservative. If you really care about politics, remaining ignorant about modern society is not a winning strategy. Nobody holds up the dullards who ignored the radar on December 7 as heroes for not using modern technology.

But you are on a social media site on the internet, and you use YouTube, so I'm guessing that there is more than a little exaggeration in your biography. A 2008 model year car is too complicated? Please...
    Wow this is an overly simplistic take.

Not liking modern stuff and choosing to live a more analog lifestyle doesn't prevent one from living in a modern society. And nothing about his description is even close to a "quasi Amish lifestyle."

You can still be plugged into the world and stay informed without things like new cars and WiFi

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

A rather left leaning post, I believe.

Live and let live.

If you have no intention of harming men mine or others in my presence I will not shoot you.

45sRfun

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Yep, I get a lot of info off of this site, Gab, Gateway Pundit and other places, so am definitely not living in ignorance. Considering most of what comes out the TV is sputum from mainstream media, I am better off not listening to their story. Lets just say with regard to TV I took this song to heart:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Harm Tom, family etc and you get shot!
    But nobody was talking about harming anyone. 45sRfun was talking about not owning a tv, and preferring old style cars to modern ones, etc.. Route45 basically said he didn't believe him and accused him of being ignorant. Then Tom started talking about someone harming him or his family. There's a disconnect there somewhere it seems like to me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom