• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Archie also would’ve said ni**ers, but since that word isn’t allowed, maybe Magyars is more consistent than you with his approach to ethnic slurs.
    As I recall Archie's preferred term was "Coloreds". Its been a while since watching but I do not remember him using the "N" word. I do remember Sammy Davis Jr. kissing him.

SammyDavis.jpg

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Archie also would’ve said ni**ers, but since that word isn’t allowed, maybe Magyars is more consistent than you with his approach to ethnic slurs.
    Yeah, not to be thin-skinned, but as I used to say to my coworkers who liked to tell Polish jokes, if one ethnic slur is forbidden, then all need to be forbidden.

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    As I recall Archie's preferred term was "Coloreds". Its been a while since watching but I do not remember him using the "N" word. I do remember Sammy Davis Jr. kissing him.

View attachment 188514
    But of course that’s not the point is it? There were plenty of terms used in that show that have been deemed by our betters to be currently verboten, and the algorithms/mods - even here - will obediently follow to the point of our learned self-censure. And the example you chose to use exemplifies the clear hypocrisy even the “independent” and “liberty minded” INGOers fall for and participate in.

Either they’re all forbidden or none are.

And yes, Archie used more terms than “colored.”

1A3EA390-9889-4EC6-B744-1F6339C55F2B.jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom