• ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    uhhh what?
    I had a over a grand in my pocket to pick up a short frame 1911. I picked up a Sig off of Stryker's table. I was going to look at he feed ramp, the bore, etc., and most likely take it.
    The guy said "don't rack the slide"... I said, "I'm not a tire kicker, I'm a serious buyer... But I'm not going to take anything if I can't check its condition." He got really huffy, crossed his arms and said really loudly "Lady!! Don't! RACK!! The slide!!!"
    So I put it down and left.

heavyhitter1k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    I'd prob go to gunslinger show, I've had better luck there. And the bullbelt guy was there last time and hooked me up...might need another, or two.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    OK we get it. You like the holster. You made that pretty clear 6 weeks ago.
    [/URL]

And your point is that of what? I know the owner of this small business who happens to be putting out a great product, and therefore don't mind helping to promote his business. Are you suggesting I only post once and hope people bypass the current thread and search older threads for info on the current show? I'm sorry if you're offended, but now I'm encouraged to post this on every thread remotely associated with any Ft. Wayne gun show, not just the Coliseum show.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I just don't see the point of going to the Ft. Wayne gunshows at the coliseum anymore. I couldn't tell you how many I've been to, but I can tell you I've never come across what I'd consider to be a great deal. I wish that wasn't the case, but unfortunately I just haven't been impressed at a Ft. Wayne gun show in years. On the other hand, if I were actually looking for something in particular like an expensive scope I'd probably go just to hold some side by side.

Honest question, what great deals have you all gotten at the gun show that's motivated you to go back?

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I will be setting up at the old K's show, I just like that show better because of cost, and I have done good there before. I'm not a dealer, so saving a few bucks matters a bit more. Jet Girl, stop by and say hi, if you come to the gunslingers show.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    And your point is that of what? I know the owner of this small business who happens to be putting out a great product, and therefore don't mind helping to promote his business. Are you suggesting I only post once and hope people bypass the current thread and search older threads for info on the current show? I'm sorry if you're offended, but now I'm encouraged to post this on every thread remotely associated with any Ft. Wayne gun show, not just the Coliseum show.
    It takes more than the likes of you to offend me. Promote your buddy's business, pad your post count, shout it from the rooftops I really don't shive a git! I just found it amusing.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Honest question, what great deals have you all gotten at the gun show that's motivated you to go back?

Been so long since I have found a " great " deal I'm not sure i'd know it if I saw it... That goes for not only the shows, but also shops, online, classifieds, ect...

I continue to go more for finding the harder to find items... Also, I am limited on time and I really enjoy having vendors like Brad, ZX Guns, Ranger Supply, GI Joe's, and another couple smaller vendors who I always check with on reloading supplies under one roof... I do understand $11.00 to enter and park upsets many, but IMO, the convenience of having several vendors at one site is worth it...

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I do understand $11.00 to enter and park upsets many, but IMO, the convenience of having several vendors at one site is worth it...

That's a fair answer. I've just never bought anything at a gun show and I've sort of lost interest in them because of it.

I would like to see Brads whole selection of things I can cut my fingers with.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Back in the day the show at the Coliseum used to be a great place to buy a gun. There were many new gun vendors with prices lower than you could touch in a LGS. A smart shopper who knew prices in a LGS, could pay parking, admission fee, and still walk out spending less money on a new gun than would be spent in the LGS. I bought a few pistols there. No more. Many vendors left and the show now seems to be predominately used stuff and associated goods. I still go once in a while to see if things have changed. Once there I regret it and wish I had my admission and parking money back. YMMV.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    K's is $5.00 I believe.

And you get a free hot dog with the admission this time!! I am going to Gunslinger. Just can't handle the cost of the Coliseum anymore, especially as I can buy their products at better prices at the LGS like Sniper, Tomlinsons, and ZX—with the exception of Brad's Kinves, of course.

Top Bottom