• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Great idea.....but the Lee Pro 1000 press I had broke in several areas before the first year of having it came to a close with constant adjustments and inconsistent ammo from round to round during the times when it DID actually work. Not going to make alot of money on that interest bearing account in that amount of time.

I load alot of .40 S&W to the tune of about 6k per year of just that caliber. With the seating depth being pretty unforgiving in this round due to enormous pressure spikes with very small changes in seating depth, the inconsistency of that Lee was, for me at least, a source of concern safety-wise.

I couldn't care less about impressing anyone by having a Dillon press and I apologize if I've misunderstood your posts on the topic. I can say that my guns, my fingers and my facial features (as well as those of my kids who also shoot this ammo) are well worth the price of consistent equipment that will produce the exact same round at #500 as round #1 during a session. If that isn't being smart with my money then I guess I'm ok with being seen by others as frivolous.

I do understand your point of view, this is just my reasoning.

Well, I've said all along if you're loading thousands of pistol rounds per year, the Dillon press is a great choice. Personally, I shoot far more centerfire rifle than I'll ever shoot pistol, although my son and my wife shoot their pistols quite a bit. If I was in your position, loading 5,000+ pistol rounds per year, I'd buy a Dillon or LNL-AP, no doubt.

GarryAlbin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Indianapolis
    As I said earlier, I had worn out my Lee press and was looking to replace it. I went over to a friend’s house and checked out his Dillon reloading setup (wow very nice). I have decided to go with a Dillon RL550B, the total price of things was a little more than I would have liked and it will take a while longer to recover the investment in the new equipment with the savings from reloading. I guess I will just have to shoot more. Thanks to all for your input.

b j

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    south side of indy
    I started with a single stage in 1981 to see if I wanted to load. In 1982 got my one and only dillon 450. The wife and I shoot 3 leagues per week +local and some indiana matches and practice. Now I only shot FNS. I thing I got my $200. worth,I would love to know how many 45s this thing has put out in 30 years.

Top Bottom