• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GarryAlbin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Indianapolis
    After having a Lee progressive press long enough to be out of warranty I started having problems with the ram having excessive friction, then the powder measure started sticking between cycles. I am switching to Dillon they have a no BS lifetime warranty. It is a good thing the Lee stuff did not cost much. Wonder how much the aluminum from the Lee is worth?

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    That's the best move you can make years ago my lee 1000 started giving me trouble and I wasted money on part after part (dumbest thing to do with lee equipment) after you make the jump yo Dillon your going to understand just. How inadequate. Lee is

I bought a sdb which ran for years perfect the only mistake I made was not buying the 650 the day it came out

Your doing the right thing

If you have a shooter you don't like you should give him your lee its the biggest. Insult you can give

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Not going to bad mouth Lee equipment. Well, not here. Try cleaning and lubing the Lee press. Steel and aluminum don't like high tech lubes. Try 30 wt. motor oil on the shaft. Uh, the ram.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    You won't go wrong with a Dillon.. Top of the line and they really mean a NO BS lifetime warranty too. I know I have the SDB myself and after using it for something like 20 years and reloading to the tune of 250,000 rounds or more... it had a issue. I called them and they worked with me on trying to get her back up and running and finally at the end of the tech-support call they told me to send them the press... less than two weeks later I had a brand new press and am now in my 6th. year of using this press... Again good decision...

GarryAlbin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Indianapolis
    The aluminum shaft was scored, I was able to clean up the surface with some success, the powder spillage continued to contaminate the mating surface and things just continued to get worse. I think the powder measure problem was the last straw. The Lee press is a good value for the price... I am not sure it was meant for high volume reloading.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Buying a Dillon is not drinking blue kool aid. That implies the Dillon quality is hype or gimicks. It is neither, it is simply purchasing a proven, dependable, high quality piece of equipment. This is from a guy that gave my brand new Loadmaster press to the brother in law that I didn't like. After wasting two whole evenings trying to set it up to make quality ammo dependably, I decided the frustration was too costly. Junky powder measure, and undependable primer handling put me over the edge. I bought a Dillon 550b, put it together and adjusted it by the instructions, and made good ammo by the 6th pull of the handle. In 10 years, I wore out one little bushing and they would not sell me one, but they mailed me three for free. Looks like I will be good for the rest of my life. I never looked back.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    My cousin has been loading on a Lee progressive for 10+ years and has had to buy a few replacement parts, nothing major. Yesterday he reloaded a few on my new dillon rl550b and will now be giving Brian Enos a call very soon.

standslanted

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    I've been loading on a LoadMaster for a short period of time and have not had any issues with it. I have a fried that has been loading on his LM for over 7 years now, and it is still working as new. I 'm glad with my purchase. If you want to spend more money to do the same thing...have at it.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I've been loading on a LoadMaster for a short period of time and have not had any issues with it. I have a fried that has been loading on his LM for over 7 years now, and it is still working as new. I 'm glad with my purchase. If you want to spend more money to do the same thing...have at it.

Well--Hmmm...You have a point, stand...BUT....

A Yugo will get you down the road..

Most people would rather ride in a Cadillac....Bill.

in812

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    I been down that road lee makes some good things... progressive presses arent one of them yea you might get them to work but in the long run the they are a PIA I went back to single stage for years to get quality ammo then got a 650 wow it's everything the lee TREIS TO BE ! thousands of rds later I've had 1 problem 1 fliped primer and that might have been my mistake loading them

standslanted

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Well--Hmmm...You have a point, stand...BUT....

A Yugo will get you down the road..

Most people would rather ride in a Cadillac....Bill.

Thats funy. Many many years ago i was riding in a friends car (yugo) which broke down on the side of the steet. We got a ride home but a few days latter when he tried to get the car out of parking/storage he found out that it would cost him more than what it cost him to buy it. So he left it there.

I have not had any issues with it yet but have noticed some things i dont like. In any case ill ride this yugo until i cant any longer :cool:

Top Bottom