Friday Night Steel --Feb. 13th-- Monroe Co. going again?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caspian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Noblesville
    Please keep in Mind

FNS is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas! Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

The safe are is along the south fence, there will be a wooden spool for your use.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Josh, now that sounds like a course of fire I'd be able to pull off!

Nate, not this time, girlfriend thinks for whatever reason I should spend Valentines Day with her. Is this a weekly thing, or every month?

Valentines days is Saturday. Friday Night Steel occurs on Friday night. Tell her who's boss!!

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    So, anyone else getting ready?

329fff6b.jpg

:D

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just have to decide on what outfit to wear? Earth tones to match the drab wintery season or Red for Valentines day? Decisions, decisions, hard to match with my insulated camo boots.

Yes, my feet will be warm.
    Funny but true. Couple days ago long johns would have been in question. Wonder how muddy it will be?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    The round count changes with the division that you shoot in. In production and Limited 10 the rule is no more than 10 rounds in a magazine after the start signal. What division will you be shooting in?

Thanks

Just using a plain ol G23, figured that'd be Production.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    HA, he got his cookie!

What a blast tonight!

Pics and some video coming tomorrow.

Thanks for coming to the match! Please let me know when the video is posted, and what the links are so that we can check it out. We may even want to provide links from the FNS webpage.
    Sincerely,
    Chuck

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    As always, I had a great time last night, both at the match and afterward at BW3.

However, I want it known for the record that by the standards I've set in the past, I behaved rather well last night.

I also learned some important things:
    1. Ruger 10/22s are not designed to be speed loaded. When you start with an empty gun and have to load it on the clock, it's possible to get a loose round wedged sideways behind a round in the chamber, thus rendering the weapon inoperable until you have time to use a tool to pry it free. This leads to a 30.0 second time, but you should always finish the course of fire even if the time has expired! ALWAYS PRESS ON AND FINISH THE JOB, even if you're "late."
    2. If you drop your magazine when you're trying to do a mandatory reload, it's probably a good idea to just grab another and finish the job instead of standing there for five seconds staring at it on the ground and thinking, "I can't believe I just dropped that on the ground. Why did I do that? Am I an even bigger idiot than I thought? Hello? Did you know the timer is still running, dumba**? You might want to get back to business, but don't feel obligated. I'm just sayin'."
    3. I like bright blue shirts. :naughty:
    4. The MCFG guys seem quiet and reserved when you're at the other end of the table, but it's because when they're being naughty, they're just a lot quieter than I am. I learned some things from them last night that were just . . . shocking! :rockwoot:
    And I missed a golden opportunity to spin a really good Rhino-style Tall Tale last night. One of my former students came to our table to talk to me and I learned she is a waiter at BW3. She talked with me for a while, then had to go back to work. Instead of pretending like I was making time with a little hottie, I divulged to the rest of the guys that she was one of my former students.

Top Bottom