Friday Night Steel --Feb. 13th-- Monroe Co. going again?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Hey I didn't realize I actually got called out in here!

Unfortunately fellas I'll be at work that evening helping the church ladies get settled into their hotel rooms.

Sounds like this month is gonna be a good one too. . . . Darn it. . .

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    That's why I said "too" at the end-- as in "also". Like "this one sounds like it will be a good one also, like all the others".

:D:D

(not really)

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Keep trying the site. It is being updated at this time and the hyperlinks work sporadically. Is there a particular question you have?

No, I've just never been. Want to know how many mags, ammo etc. that I'd need to bring. Don't know the format, I've got a G23, but was thing about getting a 9mm barrel and dropping it in, but didn't know if mods were allowed, etc.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Aftermarket barrels should be allowed, provided that they are in traditional calibers for that format (i.e. 9mm, 40, 45, 45 gap, 10 mm, etc.). If it's a .22 conversion, you'd be in the .22 class.

Sorry the link was broken; I emailed our webmaster to see if we can get it up and running.

Sincerely,
    Chuck

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    No, I've just never been. Want to know how many mags, ammo etc. that I'd need to bring. Don't know the format, I've got a G23, but was thing about getting a 9mm barrel and dropping it in, but didn't know if mods were allowed, etc.

I have an extra Glock (a G19) you can use with lots of extra mags if you need it.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Doesn't look good for this month. I though all was good until I remembered my folks are coming over for dinner and to watch the NASCAR truck race. They are headed out for Florida for a month, so it'll be the last chance to visit for awhile. Depending on timing of dinner and the race, I might try and get dad out to watch for a few minutes. I'm bummed because I got my Kel Tec 'race gun' all set up and sighted in! Guess we'll just have to wait for next month!

Doug K

trafalga

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Indy

The rules link on the website is now fixed. Sorry about the problem. -Adam

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Friday Night Steel Video

Would anybody be willing to take some video of this month's FNS match and post it on youtube? I'd like to get more video posted so that people know what to expect. I want to get videos posted of the basic shooting commands (make ready, are you ready, stand by, etc.) and of people shooting.

If you shoot video, please make sure that you have the permission of the people in your videos.

If you post the videos on youtube, please put the following in the title:

"Friday Night Steel Shooting, Marion County Fish & Game Indianapolis, IN"

Thanks for everybody's help!

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I don't have a camera, but if anyone wants to film me, I'd be happy to do it. :cool:

If anyone has an extra camcorder, I may be able to convince a friend to come for the sole purpose of shooting video.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I have a video camera, did a lot of my son's football games over the last couple of years that we edited and posted on YouTube.

Looking forward to getting involved in FNS.

Caspian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Noblesville
    Shooters,
    Our Friday Night Steel match will be this Friday, February 13th at 6 pm. We will have 5 challenging courses of fire. We will begin course setup at 5:00 pm, and we'll need help from volunteers. We will have sign-up at 5:15 pm and a shooters meeting at 6:00 pm to explain the rules and to form squads. At 6:15 pm sharp, we plan to begin shooting. We'll be charging $10 for club members and $15 for non-members, with all money going towards the club or new steel targets. Shoot an additional gun for only $10 with your first paid entry.

* PLEASE TAKE NOTE *
    We have Friday Night Steel bumper stickers available for purchase. They can be purchased during sign in at all Friday Night Steel events.
    If you wondered where to purchase the Friday Nights Steel gear that some of the RO’s were wearing. You can now purchase Official Friday Night Steel shirts and hats at Café press

* PLEASE MAKE A NOTE AS THIS HAS CHANGED *
    Due to inflation, we have raised prices to $10 for club members and $15 for non-members, with all money going towards the club or new steel targets. Shoot an additional gun for only $10.00 with your first paid entry. This puts us at the same cost as many of the other local steel matches, and much less than many of the USPSA matches. Our goal is to help offset the rising costs of insurance, fuel, and taxes so that we provide a financially stable club for many generations to come.

* PLEASE MAKE A NOTE AS THIS HAS CHANGED *
    Marion County Fish and Game allows the sighting in of rifles in the calibers of 38 special, 357 magnum, 44 special, and 44 magnum, provided that the rifles are fired from a bench rest at paper targets. This rule applies to regular business hours; so you can finally sight in guns in the above mentioned calibers for the new Indiana deer season. Please make sure that you follow this rule to the letter, so that FNS sets a good example for all MCFG club members.
    5 magazines or speed loaders is now the minimum requirement. If you do not bring enough magazines to complete all of the strings of fire, you will receive the maximum time for the strings of fire that you were unable to complete. We will not allow shooters (or their friends) to load magazines at the shooting line in between strings of fire, as it slows down the shooting procedure for other competitors.

With our numbers continuing to grow we ask that everyone does their part to make the match run as smoothly as possible. Be ready when it is your time on the firing line. Help to reset the steel. Volunteer to keep score.
    If you're new to competitive shooting, we encourage you to check out the following site. It shows upcoming shooting events for 3-gun, Action Pistol (Bianchi Cup), Bowling Pin Shooting, Cowboy Action Shooting (SASS), ICORE, IDPA, Multi-gun, Steel Challenge, and USPSA. The sight is now listing results for FNS so be sure to check them out.

Don’t forget about the Bowling Pin Shoot (Fourth Saturday) at Marion County Fish and Game.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Sincerely,
    Anton C Howard

FridayNightSteel@gmail.com

"As to species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with a ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson 8 Papers of Thomas Jefferson 407 (J. Boyd ed., 1953)

If you wish to be removed from this list, please email me and you will be promptly removed.

Caspian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Noblesville
    Shooters,

I have finished the stages for this month. I have some bad news. The helicopter that I had rented is no longer available due to a scheduling conflict, and the ground is too wet for "Prone" or any tactial rolling.

So I have included a stage that requires mandatory reloads and I have an addition to the plate rack that should prove challenging.

If you would like to be added to the FNS e-mail list or have a question please send us an e-mail Fridaynightsteel@gmail.com

I look forward to seeing you all at FNS. If we haven't met come up and introduce yourself.

Last edited:

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Aw man, I was looking forward to the tactical roll from repelling into prone!

Idk if it's even worth going now :)

So is the plate rack going to have a 2" plate now? That'd be sweet :D

Top Bottom