• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Sooooooooo, it's time again for Friday Night Steel at Marion County Fish and Game! Maybe we can get enough INGOers out this time to form a compete squad! (that's 8-10 shooters usually) I plan on RO'ing and so if you want to come out and shoot with some INGOers I'll be wearing my INGO hat with my nametag and avatar on the back (thanks again esrice) so I'll be easy to spot! Check out the website for rules and details. This is a very fun match and people of all skill levels will be represented. FNS is a great way to step into competitive shooting!

Steel at Marion County Fish and Game Association, Indianapolis, Indiana

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I hereby challenge anyone who is willing to shoot a bolt action .22 rifle! I did it at RileyCC earlier today . . . it was fun!

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I should be there. Im trying to get two of my buddies that have not done the FNS before to join us. Cant wait to see you all there.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I'll try my best, I really need to get out and shoot some competition to burn off some stress! Should I bring the Barbie Gun?

GunPics002-3.jpg

Two questions. What class would a Hi Power be in? It's not single stack, but it is single action. Seems like I remeber that falling between several catagories. Second, what about a full size 1911 with a comp? It's an otherwise stock Springer Loaded model that I often carry, so it's not a 'race' gun,but does it fall under that genre because of the comp? It's no big deal to swap out barrels to make is mostly stock single stack. That might be the easy route.

`Thanks
    Doug K

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I'll try my best, I really need to get out and shoot some competition to burn off some stress! Should I bring the Barbie Gun?

Two questions. What class would a Hi Power be in? It's not single stack, but it is single action. Seems like I remeber that falling between several catagories. Second, what about a full size 1911 with a comp? It's an otherwise stock Springer Loaded model that I often carry, so it's not a 'race' gun,but does it fall under that genre because of the comp? It's no big deal to swap out barrels to make is mostly stock single stack. That might be the easy route.

`Thanks
    Doug K

The Hi-Power you would probably run in Production loaded to 10 rds.
    1911 w/ comp would run in open class.
    Someone correct me if I am wrong
    here is more info:

http://www.indyrange.com/FNS%20Rules%207-11-08.pdf

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If they're using USPSA rules for divisions/equipment, the Hi-Power could shoot in Limited, Limited-10 (only 10 rds in mag), or Open divisions. Single action guns are not allowed in Production Division.

The gun with the comp would be in Open Division only.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm going to try to make it. Ear protection gotcha. If I forget my Eye protection, I would be able to see my way there! LOL

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    IHay, SLOW HAND, I'll bring my HP if you bring yours. I have used the HP in Limited 10 before. At previous meets, I have entered it under Single Stack and only loaded 8 rounds. Don't know if it is really legal but nobody protested. I am also bringing my 639 Smith which should be legal for Production but only has 8-9 round mags.
    See you there.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Prince Caspian ... what do we do if it rains? Shoot from under the cover like the bowling pin matches?

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I might like to come and watch. Would it be possible for me to shoot the event with my off hand only? Anything in the rules about that? I can't use my trigger finger on my dominant hand because of recent surgery but can manipulate the gun fine. Just curious. Thanks!

Top Bottom