• ...and so much more!
  • chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    We're on the right track....

No no no, make no mistake, we aren't on the verge of burn-out. It is time consuming to put on a great and well-organized match that draws large numbers of participants and we just don't have the extra time it would require to do it twice a month. It seems like shooters really want to be able to shoot FNS twice a month, which is great, but we just don't have the manpower to make it happen. I'd be happy to be Match Director for a second FNS, but I want to have all my ducks in a row before I open the gate. I won't just set up a match and pray for enough ROs at the shooter's meeting :twocents:

I agree completely with Nick. We've worked hard to make FNS run like a finely tuned machine (thanks Anton and Adam) and we don't want to dilute the quality, just to make the match run 2x / month during the Summer. I'm optimistic we can have our cake and eat it too; I think we can get a good team, and run FNS twice a month during the Summer as long as it's a good fit for our club members and our FNS shooters.

We're working on a small project at the range :D and we want to make sure that we don't overextend ourselves running a match, volunteering, continuing to improve MCFG, working, and just enjoying life!

Thanks to everyone who has volunteered thus far; I think we're on the right track!

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I will be happy to RO , after a little training.
    The week of the 20th I will be setting up,shooting(on the 25), and working the State USPSA match the 26th and 27th . So that week ain't looking too good for me.
    I am with what some of the others said about a different night of the week. We might draw some folks that always have to work Friday night .
    I would probably be able to help with set up more often because I am off just as many MON, TUE WED THUR as I am Fridays.
    Just a thought

Again the 25th is not good

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I love to film these (and USPSA) events at the expense of sitting down and resting my crappy knees and feet between stages.

RO'ing is something I eventually wouldn't mind helping with, but as I said before, not until I am trained and ready to do it.

and I'm also out working the State match

if we don't get enough to do it, so be it, one gun limit would speed things up too.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Again, I'd like to do an all-wheelgun squad if there are enough of you that want to shoot revolver. We'll ring the steel old-school style!

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Again, I'd like to do an all-wheelgun squad if there are enough of you that want to shoot revolver. We'll ring the steel old-school style!

Nick, I'll try and be there with my Smith 65. I'll be honest, I've not shot it in awhile, and the 3" barrel/fixed sights will be a detriment, but what the heck! I'll give it a try!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Does anyone have 3 spare magazines for a Ruger MKIII 22/45 he could borrow for this match, if we are able to attend?
    The guy coming with me will have 3 extra mags. Let me know if you need them.

Well, my guy bailed and I don't have access to the mags.:xmad:

Are you still planning on attending, Joe? If so, we need to toss out another request to borrow mags.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Well, my guy bailed and I don't have access to the mags.:xmad:

Are you still planning on attending, Joe? If so, we need to toss out another request to borrow mags.

I reckon we'll skip this one, then. I can't afford to spend that much gas just to have it rained out, and not knowing if he'll have enough mags to shoot :( No biggy. We are going to hit the range in a little bit, and shoot up some rubber spinners. It'll give him a chance to practice more for next month, and I'l be able to have some .38s loaded for next time, too, so I can join the revolver squad and shoot, too.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Guys, we will shoot rain or shine. If it's raining, we will simply move the firing line back to underneath the covered line. Now if it's thunder and lightning then we would have to cancel...

Top Bottom