• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    So the second FNS would be what, like the 4th Friday of the month? That would make the inaugural FNS II on Friday, June 25 2010. Are all you volunteers gonna put your money where your mouth is if I give it the go-ahead? I have a work conflict that day, but if I can get it resolved is this gonna work for everyone?

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    It's the ROs that will make or break this. I'm gonna need 5 solid ROs to put-on a second FNS. I won't count myself because if I'm the match director, I ain't gonna RO.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Here's the update thus far:

Match Director: We need someone with lots of experience like VUPDBlue or Shooter521 :)
    Sign In / Scorekeeper: SingleSix
    Shooter's Meeting: (could be the same as the Match Director):
    RO 1: [STRIKE]Hickman[/STRIKE]
    RO 2: BW Frame
    RO 3: [STRIKE]Downrange72[/STRIKE]
    RO 4: Don Parks
    RO 5:

See what I mean? Even if SingleSix pulls double duty, we still need a couple more solid ROs.

You guys that are clammering for another FNS, step-up and volunteer to help your RO tomorrow so you can learn the ropes. This is the ONLY way we're ever gonna get enough help to make a second FNS feasible.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You might consider the format that Rio Solado uses for their Tuesday Night steel.

Then, all of the stages are first come, first served. Shoot them in any order. You'd still need your dedicated ROs unless you can trust folks (like Rio does) to run a timer and write their scores down. Have the shooting from 6 until 8:30. Limit the number that sign up if you have to.

It has been working famously for years at Rio and even the big names do or have shot it regularly - TGO, Enos, Burkett, Golembieski, Argeris, etc. And, they get 125+ shooters a week (and it's every week, not once a month) - Tuesday Night Steel

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You guys that are clammering for another FNS, step-up and volunteer to help your RO tomorrow so you can learn the ropes. This is the ONLY way we're ever gonna get enough help to make a second FNS feasible.

Have you considered delegating MD duties to others for the sake of building an experience base?

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    If we were set up with bays, that might be a possibility. With the combined firing line that we have now, I don't think that format would work. I also think that it would discourage ROs from volunteering. I personally wouldn't want to RO a static station all night and not be able to shoot in the rotation.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Dude, we have enough challenges coming up with ROs let alone MDs...

Hey, conscription worked well for the Royal Navy. Just sayin'.

All kidding aside, it sounds like the FNS crew is on the verge of burn out. It sounds like some club members need to step it up and share the load.

FWIW - I'm not a member, but I always volunteer to run a timer in my FNS squad when I shoot.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    No no no, make no mistake, we aren't on the verge of burn-out. It is time consuming to put on a great and well-organized match that draws large numbers of participants and we just don't have the extra time it would require to do it twice a month. It seems like shooters really want to be able to shoot FNS twice a month, which is great, but we just don't have the manpower to make it happen. I'd be happy to be Match Director for a second FNS, but I want to have all my ducks in a row before I open the gate. I won't just set up a match and pray for enough ROs at the shooter's meeting :twocents:

Top Bottom