• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    What are the different classes for this? The last time I was at FNS, they named off the classes, and I wasn't sure what the they all meant. Figured if someone would post what they all are, I can be better prepared.

And what are the chances of being able to pick up another INGO hat and shirt that night? (I had to ask!:D)

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Here's a VERY BASIC run-down:

Production-Unmodified gun, 10 round limit in the magazine
    Limited-Slightly modified gun (or box-stock if you like), no ports or optics, unlimited mag capacity
    Limited 10- Same as Limited but with a 10 round capacity limit
    Open-modified to your heart's content. Ports and optics are allowed, no mag restrictions.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Here's a VERY BASIC run-down:

Production-Unmodified gun, 10 round limit in the magazine
    Limited-Slightly modified gun (or box-stock if you like), no ports or optics, unlimited mag capacity
    Limited 10- Same as Limited but with a 10 round capacity limit
    Open-modified to your heart's content. Ports and optics are allowed, no mag restrictions.

Ok. I'm assuming I'll want the production-unmodified? I'd be shooting a Glock 19.....
    Or would I want the Open-modified?

Sorry for the dumb question, I'm new at this.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks SingleSix and Hickman!

If you did look at going twice a month, maybe have .22 night.

As I said before, I will not mind stepping up to RO once I get some training.

I guess I assumed we were trying to draw more shooters, since we had a table at the 1500.

Thanks to SingleSix and Hickman for putting their money where there mouth is! We'd love to run FNS more than once per month, but with the responsibilities on the Board at MCFG and other commitments (work, family, and just shooting matches) it's too much for Anton, Adam, Nick, and myself to take on at this time. We would LOVE to train more people to run the match, and then be able to have it twice per month during the Summer!

Keep up the volunteering, and you never know what could happen :D

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Thanks to SingleSix and Hickman for putting their money where there mouth is! We'd love to run FNS more than once per month, but with the responsibilities on the Board at MCFG and other commitments (work, family, and just shooting matches) it's too much for Anton, Adam, Nick, and myself to take on at this time. We would LOVE to train more people to run the match, and then be able to have it twice per month during the Summer!

Keep up the volunteering, and you never know what could happen :D

Since I generally fill in while the RO is getting ready to run, I will step up.

Twice a month would be sweet!

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I'm in for this month. FINALLY no kids sports getting in the way. If you haven't been to the range in the last couple of weeks, as mentioned the dirt is a problem. If you have a crawler, you will be ok, other wise it is going to be tight parking so we all need to watch out for each other. I'm still fairly new to FNS and enjoy it tremendously. But if there is talk of getting a second night going, I'm willing to step up and offer my services. I'm not sure where they would fit in, but I've always been told any volunteer with a strong back is a welcomed volunteer. :D

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Guys, parking will be an issue, but it is getting better daily. I'll keep this thread updated with parking lot progress, but plan to get "creative" with parking. There's plenty of grassy areas to park, but they aren't necessarily all in the same place ;)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Caspian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Noblesville
    Due to to the increased growth we are going to limit everyone to one Gun. Once the registration is over if there are spaces available we will open up the second gun up on a first come first served basis.

BrandonM

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    It seems like everyone wants their own class to be available for a second per month match lol. My question, if something like the proposed plan became reality, why couldn't each class is normally offered be offered as well. For example, above we have a PCR, .22 etc. Why not offer all classes? :dunno: Once again assuming there would be a twice a month event added. :popcorn: Because I know that I would love to see production offered... :D

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    After making my first one last month and having a fun but frustrating night due to my ISSC M22 not liking the ammo I fed it after stage 3 (which problems I think I have sorted out now), it looks like I'm not going to be able to make this month since I'm scheduled to work. BTW Nick, thanks for the offer but it looks like I got to work anyway...

But to those of you on the fence about going, DO IT!!! I'm sorry I waited so long. It is a lot of fun and not really intimidating once you start shooting. MCF&G is a great facility and getting better! Everybody is understanding and helpful. You'll see cool guns, met great people, work on your shooting, and have a fun and safe time!

Top Bottom