• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dawg1981

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Southport IN
    Anyone going to the New Years Day gun auction at Freije Auction company in Clayton IN?

This is a complete gun store liquidation as well as some consignments.

They do one every year on this day and it is usually a good one...this years looks to be another fine one as well!

The best thing is they do not charge a "premium" if you buy on site... no transfer fees either as they are a FFL dealer.

I was at their last gun auction last month and bought 3 guns all brand new in box and saved a TON of money.

Anyway just throwing this blurb out there...they have about 300 guns for auction everything from
    Glock/S&W/Kimber/Marlin/Winchester/And about 10 Colt 1911's...they also have a bunch of ammo for sale too!

Here s there website info Freije & Freije Auctioneers - Go Auction... Get Results

See you there!

Dawg

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    A foul pox on you sir!!!!:xmad: I had managed to forget about the auction this year and as it has always cost me considerably in the past that is a good thing! Now I feel compelled to once again visit in my quest for the perfect war years 1911!:draw:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I would suspect most everything would go for way over price. Thought they do have what appears to be a fine S&W 5903 up for bid.

dawg1981

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Southport IN
    I would suspect most everything would go for way over price. Thought they do have what appears to be a fine S&W 5903 up for bid.

Oh Contraire!

Since they do not charge a premium most ...and I say most guns go for very reasonable.

Last month I bought a NIB Beretta 92FS with 2 mags form $475.00
    And a Heritage .45 Long Colt for $250.00

When they do not charge premiums it does bring in big crowds...

I am looking at buying 3-4 guns

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Looked at a few of the online bids. Keep in mind that the online bidder may have a higher limit, and their bid will be automatically bumped until someone exceeds it. Also remember that there is an online premium. They may need to charge IN sales tax. Taking all of that into account, many of the bids I saw are on the high end of "bargain" territory, and they almost certainly will go higher. While there may be some sleepers, not sure that it's worth driving and sitting there all day on the chance that one can be had.

dawg1981

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Southport IN
    Looked at a few of the online bids. Keep in mind that the online bidder may have a higher limit, and their bid will be automatically bumped until someone exceeds it. Also remember that there is an online premium. They may need to charge IN sales tax. Taking all of that into account, many of the bids I saw are on the high end of "bargain" territory, and they almost certainly will go higher. While there may be some sleepers, not sure that it's worth driving and sitting there all day on the chance that one can be had.

LPI,
    I never let that worry me. I have been to 3 auctions here and I always come home
    with some goodies. I consider 2 different mentalities when I go to a gun auction.

1. I do not care what the price is if it is a gun I want to keep and use.
    2. I do try to be "thrifty" if it is a gun I think I can resell.

I went to their last auction last month and bought 3 guns, I sold all 3 and made $550
    so that definitely was a good day for me.

Also I will always go to an auction when there is no "premium" charged for being there
    in person...like here because I will spend more money on a said gun. It is also nice
    that they do not charge to transfer guns.

I am looking at getting 3-4 more guns here

They just added more guns....about 500 now

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    An idea:
    If several INGOers are going to the auction, you ought to meet for breakfast before heading over. :)
    Someone could start a "Meet and Greet" thread.

dawg1981

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Southport IN
    Some 20 Gauge ammo is already at GM prices....then add 15% and shipping. Ill look at on-line prices before I head that way.

add 15% for what? There is no 15% premium if you are in person at the auction.

The 15% is for internet buyers only....you live in Hendricks county so you re right
    down the street from here.

Top Bottom