• ...and so much more!
  • dawg1981

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Southport IN
    Awesome. No hate here.

I just bugs me when wannbe gun dealers brag about buying and selling with no license.

I did see a nice sleeper in this auction when I looked at the proxi-bid listing. Good luck at the auction.

Were good

there are still several deals out there. The one that "gets" me though is the Glock .#42 it is at $425 right now.
    Thete is a dealer in New Castle that sells them everyday for under $400 . I guess in some areas some guns
    are worth more because they may be harder to get.

With me I have to constantly keep rotating.....it takes money to make money, unfortunately
    I do not have as much as I would like. Lol

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    These guys put on one of the best auctions locally. The last few I have seen some very good deals. Actually got an M&P 40c for 300.00 last year.

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    add 15% for what? There is no 15% premium if you are in person at the auction.

The 15% is for internet buyers only....you live in Hendricks county so you re right
    down the street from here.

The $30 price is on the proxibid website...to me that means someone has already bid $30 online and responsible for the 15%...so if I show up, my minimum bid is $35...correct?

dawg1981

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Southport IN
    You are correct the next bid would be $35,if you are the person that wins the item at $35 and you are there in person then you only pay $35 plus sales tax. If the person wins the item at $35 and they were bidding online then they owe $35 + 15% premium + sales tax on the original $35 + shipping + transfer fee. So it pays to be in person because you have no shipping or transfer fee. Very few online bids win unless somebody really wants something very bad.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Looks like I'm going to save some time tomorrow, anything I was interested in has already reached the stratosphere in my realm and beyond. Oh well that just means the cash is mine for another day or two!

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I like how they already bid 22 ammo to over $50 for 325 count. They have them on PSA for 30! Are people really this silly?

Federal Auto Match .22LR 40gr Lead Round Nose 325rd AM22

My guess is they have shill bidders at play. I just don't trust auction houses, sometimes they have shill bidders right out there among the real bidders. These are the guys that bid something up, then when they win, they don't follow through and they don't get kicked out. YMMV

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    Went to check it out and learned one needs to get there real early. I laughed at the amount of vehicles parked everywhere and when I looked in the front door it was standing room only. After imagining the smell inside, I turned around and went on my way...maybe next time...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    My guess is they have shill bidders at play. I just don't trust auction houses, sometimes they have shill bidders right out there among the real bidders. These are the guys that bid something up, then when they win, they don't follow through and they don't get kicked out. YMMV

I've been to Frieje's auction before and I don't believe they are shilling, there's just really stupid people out there. I went two years ago and saw a 525 count brick go for $250 yes that's right $250! It takes at least 2 idiots for the price to go that high.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Went to check it out and learned one needs to get there real early. I laughed at the amount of vehicles parked everywhere and when I looked in the front door it was standing room only. After imagining the smell inside, I turned around and went on my way...maybe next time...

Yep, everyone looking for a deal. My guess there may be one or two that will happen.......maybe. My time is worth more to me, than to sit somewhere all day to save $100 dollars.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I thought about going. There are about a dozen custom built 2k+ dollar rifles. I bet at least a couple fall through the cracks. The only reason I didnt go was I need a new rifle about like I need a hole in the head, and used SFP high end scopes are a pretty hard sell even if they went for the right money.

dawg1981

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Southport IN
    I bought 2 guns, one was an even score the other I saved about $125 off of retail.

their next gun auction will be in March, they have 70 guns consigned
    already.

I am very happy with my purchases!

Jagdhund

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like you guys didn't stay long enough. By the time they were only 1/3 of the way through the auction (1/2 way through the guns), people started clearing out. I didn't bid on anything at the beginning because they went so high, but at the end the prices really dropped. I got 4 old surplus rifles and about 2,000 rounds of ammo for half of what they regularly sell for on gunbroker (and also no shipping or transfer fees). So even though i was there till 9pm I had a great day.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I just looked at the prices and everything went for a LOT more than I would have been willing to pay. Of course right now I'm only interested in "gimme" prices. When I'm ready to purchase my WWII 1911 I'll definitely be upping my ante though. All the ones in this auction went for well under my max price for that, when I'm ready.

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    Glad I didn't attend. I wouldn't have had the patience to wait out the few deals toward the end. Kind of makes me want to buy a gross of hipoints for the next one though. What on earth would make someone pay 35 to 50 bucks over retail for one of those. I am not knocking the guns they are what they are but auction fever only counts for so much. I can't recall an auction with a hipoints in it where it didn't go high.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom