Fox News, Joining The Liberal Fake News...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I guess Fox just doesn't get it. If I want to watch a channel that provides the anti-Trump spin on every story, I will watch one of the networks. At least they are out of the closet and don't try to pretend otherwise.

Without providing a right wing spin on the news, there really isn't any reason for Fox News to exist. If they join CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, MS NBC, it's just another left wing spin in a very crowded space.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Without providing a right wing spin on the news, there really isn't any reason for Fox News to exist. If they join CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, MS NBC, it's just another left wing spin in a very crowded space.

It looks to me like the party is starting to distance itself from Trump, at least the big-money status-quo Republicans seem to be. What do you call them, the Chamber-o-commerce Repubs? Very fitting.

It looks to me like those guys want to keep the gravy train rolling, and I think they see Trump as more of an obstacle now, a liability.

I have always looked at fox news and daytime talk radio to be the propaganda wing of the Republican party, they spew whatever the party asks them to...pretty much the same as CNN and MSNBC is for the democrats. The broadcast networks had their day, but honestly...there is just no reason to tune into that programming whatsoever, it's all garbage...junk food for the mind. Most of isn't even good for background noise. I feel bad for people without good internet at this point, the broadcast networks' sole purpose seems to be to frighten elderly people and then sell them prescription drugs.

You can still pick through the raw feeds at AP, BBC, and Reuters, but...well...I think it has gotten increasingly more difficult to separate the wheat from chaff, as "journalism" (the product) has corrupted Journalism (the discipline) throughout the marketplace. I think Alpo has a valid point when he talks about counting adjectives.

So much of what makes it to the "Front Pages" of people's Internet feeds isn't intended to inform consumers of the facts of any given situation, but rather it is intended to inform consumers of the publisher's approved view of said situation...and it plays all too well into a very human fault: we seem to be hard-wired to accept simple repetition as factual validation.

Critical thinking requires a huge expenditure of mental energy and focus, and hearing something that confirms our views feels good. It's an uphill charge for even the most discipled, let alone us mere mortals.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The new newsmaker seems to be this thing where some news outlet will write some hit piece, and then other news outlets will write other aspects of the same hit piece while citing that as a source as well as the other outlets who used the original as a source. It’s like a Journalist circle jerk. I’ve seen it manifest on both sides.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It looks to me like the party is starting to distance itself from Trump, at least the big-money status-quo Republicans seem to be. What do you call them, the Chamber-o-commerce Repubs? Very fitting.

It looks to me like those guys want to keep the gravy train rolling, and I think they see Trump as more of an obstacle now, a liability.

I have always looked at fox news and daytime talk radio to be the propaganda wing of the Republican party, they spew whatever the party asks them to...pretty much the same as CNN and MSNBC is for the democrats.

Many here are stuck in the thinking of the past, there are many here that just cannot accept things have changed. In the traditional sense country club/COC republicans are done. Global and mega business are democrats now. If you want to say the local COC medium and small business are republican still, I agree, but they have not taken control of the liberal COC organization yet and may never, but they vote for Trump. They split over open borders (cheap illegal labor that takes jobs from American citizens) and unfair trade deals (communist subsidized products).

Why was Rish Limbaugh given the medal of freedom?

Once upon a time everyone ate butter, then partially hydrogenated vegetable oil was made into a butter substitute, it was heavily marketed by big companies gaining favor with consumers though it was an inferior product. Why? All the hype and advertising won because butter was a basic commodity and while many businesses made it no one owned it. It was like a boxing match with a butter having its arms tied behind its back. Eventually the dairy farmers came together to complete in the 70's with the dairy counsel that still works today to promote the pure logo and advertising for dairy products.

An over simplistic explanation, a book could be written on this.

Much the same once most folks were conservatives, democrats were labor, and republicans were management, simple division, then came TV etc. putting on ever farther left ideas in the public eye. There was no real organization to compete with this leftward lurch being propagated. Enter Rush Limbaugh. He was the first to teach conservatives how to fight back, to expose what was going on, to encourage folks to organize against the erosion of conservative values. You have it exactly backwards, influencers like Rush help folks to understand and they try to get the party to do it. The Republican Party has changed and is still undergoing change, in 2018 nearly 40 house members retired including the speaker, they were the COC types you speak of. It was interpreted as a rebuke of Trump and his policies, but it was not, evidenced by the increase in house members this election.

Please take a look at exactly what the issues are the parties are fighting for not the personalities...

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The new newsmaker seems to be this thing where some news outlet will write some hit piece, and then other news outlets will write other aspects of the same hit piece while citing that as a source as well as the other outlets who used the original as a source. It’s like a Journalist circle jerk. I’ve seen it manifest on both sides.

Bingo. The "facts" are always washed in ideology before they are presented to the target audience...

...but you see what has happened to the well-researched long-format news publication in our market: all but gone. People just don't seem to have the attention span to read several hundred pages of (often conflicting) source material and come to their own conclusions.

The market wants a simple explanation, and the "Newsmakers" are happy to oblige them with a narrative about how it's all the fault of the people on the opposite side of the political divide as them...and we eat it up.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

This is for sure! That and there will be a breathtaking headline, a regurgitation of previous articles, then at the bottom, one or two small paragraphs that might resemble the headline...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Bingo. The "facts" are always washed in ideology before they are presented to the target audience...

...but you see what has happened to the well-researched long-format news publication in our market: all but gone. People just don't seem to have the attention span to read several hundred pages of (often conflicting) source material and come to their own conclusions.

The market wants a simple explanation, and the "Newsmakers" are happy to oblige them with a narrative about how it's all the fault of the people on the opposite side of the political divide as them...and we eat it up.

Our dumbed down public wants it in less that 280 characters. Even among my friends we have noticed that the modern life has negatively affected our attention spans...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Heck I would even venture to guess that the mostly uninformed don't even make it past the breathtaking headlines.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    IZPHVMA.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I still contend that there is plenty of good news content to watch on FNC. They have always had "news" anchors that put their liberal snark into the mix. There has always been shows and the like that weren't a fit for the "fair and balanced" network. Not talking about the lib pundits whose job it is to represent the other side either, that's just part of the point/counterpoint.

We can thank President Trump for the TDS that has so apparently oozed from some FNC news anchors. A lot has been exposed.

I bring this up as a lot of the weekend news reporters have always had TDS. Good for them as they are helping me to learn more about OAN and Newsmax.

I'm noticing that OAN is reporting on FNC's anchors going back and forth "correcting" some of their interviewee's. Interesting...

OAN Weekly Briefing with Cristina Bobb. Pretty good show...

bobb-2-260x146.jpg

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You guys won't take it from me so here is an article on cutting cable and any service with CNN and /or Fox News...

Years and years ago, when I first began to explain how cable TV is screwing everyone, how even if you didn’t watch channels like CNNLOL, MSNBC, MTV, etc. — you know, channels dedicated to your destruction — you were still making them rich, people had two reasons for hanging on to their overpriced cable TV package…

Sports and Fox News.

Okay. Fine. So now what’s your excuse?

Sports is insufferable, woke, an insult to decency and Americanism. Watching sports only aggravates and annoys you… ESPN, the NFL, and the rest of them all freakin’ hate you…

Why are you making these Marxists rich?

The disgraced Fox News Channel is LOL’n at you, is literally making faces at you when they think you’re not looking; is lying to you, is meddling in elections, censoring the president, rigging polls, and obviously hates you.
    Why are you making these backstabbers rich?

You see, cable TV (this includes satellite TV or any subscription streaming TV package) is rigged.

Ratings no longer matter. Because — get this, you’re not going to believe this — whether or not you watch, through the stupid act of paying your cable bill, you are still making CNNLOL, Fox News, ESPN, MSNBC, and all the other channels that hate you rich.

You see, they all get a piece of your cable bill. Every month your cable company sends CNNLOL and Fox News and the rest YOUR MONEY.
    It’s called a carriage fee, and you’re a sucker for paying it.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media...ackage-youre-paying-fox-news-to-laugh-at-you/

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yep, another reason I cut the cable a long time ago. I rarely watch TV any more and don't want any of my money supporting progressive BS (or as little as possible anyway that's in my control).

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    I only get what the antenna will allow. I no longer watch and national news and the local news a few minutes a day or until the get political and then I push the button. I have seen Newsmax on late night a couple of times but haven't found it lately. I'm thinking they will take over for Fox, but only if I can get it over the air.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I only get what the antenna will allow. I no longer watch and national news and the local news a few minutes a day or until the get political and then I push the button. I have seen Newsmax on late night a couple of times but haven't found it lately. I'm thinking they will take over for Fox, but only if I can get it over the air.

Newsmax app gives me way more than I have time to watch.

Top Bottom