Fox News, Joining The Liberal Fake News...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They are ultimately owned by the Murdoch Family Trust as of 2019. The son Lachlan Murdoch is now in control of the station. That is a relatively recent development brought about by the removal of Roger Ailes and the family patriarch Rupert Murdoch stepping down from many responsibilities and delegating them to his son Lachlan. Lachlan and his wife are known for their support of liberal causes and when he took on oversight of FOX News it was expected that the news will turn left. I do not expect a wholesale firing of the prime time talent but the shift will happen over time. First it will be one of them leaves, it will be said they will hire a liberal voice for balance and gradually it will morph into CNN...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yes. It was not a good look for FNC. I'm not sure what or who they are trying to be but they definitely are not catering to their core audience. Very sad.

You were done earlier-smart. I'm done now. Tucker, Hannity, F&F, SR to name my top 4. Need to have more Donna Brazilles and Chris Coons. :yesway:

I hope their advertisers-who help may those large salaries are listening. Who was it that said something to the effect 'ash heap of history'???

:patriot:

I feel like I constantly have to remind you guys of this. The advertising based model is dead for cable TV and has been for almost 40 years. Do you think CNN and FOX News massive organizations run on catheter commercials? LOL. Hell no! They run on cable retransmission fees. About a dollar per month per subscriber. Nearly $100 million a month each. Want to hurt them? Cancel cable...

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    I feel like I constantly have to remind you guys of this. The advertising based model is dead for cable TV and has been for almost 40 years. Do you think CNN and FOX News massive organizations run on catheter commercials? LOL. Hell no! They run on cable retransmission fees. About a dollar per month per subscriber. Nearly $100 million a month each. Want to hurt them? Cancel cable...

Thanks for reminding my dumb arse. :yesway:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I had SiriusXM just for Fox News but last night I cancelled them. I’ll go to Newsmax now and a couple others.

I wonder how CNN and Fox will compete for the liberals?

I am getting fed up with the almighty monopolies that are emerging in this country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think they need to keep him and couple of others to keep their ratings up. He's the number one on the network; IMO.
    He and Hannity bounce back and forth for the top spot in ratings. There have been rumors about Hannity leaving after the election, but no idea if there is any truth to it.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    I think they need to keep him and couple of others to keep their ratings up. He's the number one on the network; IMO.

He and Hannity bounce back and forth for the top spot in ratings. There have been rumors about Hannity leaving after the election, but no idea if there is any truth to it.

I could see them both leave or quietly get pushed out along with a few others. Its almost like FNC wants to be 'liked' like the other cool kids (CNN, MSNBC) so a purging or 'alignment' will ensue post inauguration.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I could see them both leave or quietly get pushed out along with a few others. Its almost like FNC wants to be 'liked' like the other cool kids (CNN, MSNBC) so a purging or 'alignment' will ensue post inauguration.

That's a LOT of viewers, and that creates a ton of ad revenue. Not retaining/keeping two proven rating winners will hurt earnings significantly. They have no one in the pipeline, or in the wings from another network that could
    replicate that.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I just wonder how long Tucker Carlson will be allowed on Fox news.
    How does everyone buy this?

Tucker was created by CNN to play a role, nevermind— that character isn’t getting retired, nor is he “pushing the corporate boundaries” you’re a mark buying into the kayfabe babyface that you cheer for.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    How does everyone buy this?

Tucker was created by CNN to play a role, nevermind— that character isn’t getting retired, nor is he “pushing the corporate boundaries” you’re a mark buying into the kayfabe babyface that you cheer for.

I invite you to challenge your preconceptions:

[video=youtube;7ZxhLli-7CY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZxhLli-7CY[/video]

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I invite you to challenge your preconceptions:

[video=youtube;7ZxhLli-7CY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZxhLli-7CY[/video]
    Huge Tucker fan, watched tons of him myself, including the Chunk Yogurt debate;

I stand by my assertion that Tucker’s TV personality was birthed by CNN as a useful idiot, and now tows the line for Faux news because he brings in viewers, he’s backed off of so many things, pulled his punches in interviews, cut off people for mentioning non-corporate approved narratives, and gets paid enormous amounts of money to be their Siren to the conservatives who need a hero.

Don’t believe for a second that he would get the boot, highest ratings for a cable show and we’re wondering how long until he’s cancelled? And Vince McMahon was really going to fire Stone Cold Steve Austin for spraying the arena with a fire hose?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's a LOT of viewers, and that creates a ton of ad revenue. Not retaining/keeping two proven rating winners will hurt earnings significantly. They have no one in the pipeline, or in the wings from another network that could
    replicate that.

Will you guys get over that viewers and ratings thing? They don't care about ratings much. CNN and MSNBC are proof of that.

The advertising based model is dead for cable TV and has been for almost 40 years. Do you think CNN and FOX News massive organizations run on catheter commercials? LOL. Hell no! They run on cable retransmission fees. About a dollar per month per subscriber. Nearly $100 million a month each. Want to hurt them? Cancel cable...

Top Bottom