• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Why didn’t the news media follow Chrysler non-union office workers during their lunch break then take hidden videos of them having drinks with their fellow office workers who were also benefiting from bailout money? Non-union should be held to the same scrutiny. I am not saying smoking pot and consuming large amounts of alcohol is not wrong, but I see an extremely one sided report here…

Now you know why they didn't do that.:laugh: Same reason they aren't following farmers back from the tavern at lunch to the combine subsidised with auto workers pay checks. Same reason they aren't out in the parking lot at all the DNR parking lots as Obama's (YHCC) Kids get drug sniffed.

I guess it's easy for guys who can't even get a job at all to lay around drawing subsidies from the working people they are critiqueing.

They are all fired last I read.

What about the peope who were getting PAID TO MANAGE those employees? Funny thing but I'd kind of wonder what I'm paying them for if I have to find out about the bunch of screw offs they are in charge of from FOX News. All I can do is guess though, I don't see a word about it.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    We have guys that don't even bother to drink off the grounds. They bring in their "special" soda bottles and just sip on it all day.

One guy is yellow because he's getting into advanced stages of liver failure and just won't stop drinking.

The really sad part is that he's one of the better workers.

There are plenty of stone sober guys that do more harm than good every day.

My father told me a long time ago that anyone who thinks that they do something better when high than when sober has a problem. I agree. I've been around and worked with alcoholics. Some got their acts together once the problem got so massive that it got their attention. Usually it was because they were told that they would lose their job if the didn't do something about it. Others did lose their jobs and some died young. These auto worker, jack wagons, will probably keep their jobs if they admit that they have a "problem" and seek help. If someone wants to change, the AA can help them turn around their lives, but like anything worthwhile in life, they really have to want it.

MeAndMyXD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Hammond
    As long as they are doing it on their own time it shouldnt matter what they do. what you do on your own time is your business not theirs but if they have reason to believe an employee is under the influence on the job thats a different story.:twocents:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Why is this news? The workers were drinking beer and smoking pot on their own time, off company property. I could see if somebody wanted to go through the trouble of reporting them to the company, but why is this a news story? Because their boss took Federal money we should worry about what they do off the clock?

Cause those same glorified welfare whores, who stole money from retirees, shareholders, and taxpayers, then took their drunken, stoned little selves back to build the brakes and steering systems on the cars they are selling to the people they stole from. So, not only are they thieves, they are now setting loose ton and a half cruise missiles on the same streets my kid walks. That makes it news, and all of our business.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    As long as they are doing it on their own time it shouldnt matter what they do. what you do on your own time is your business not theirs but if they have reason to believe an employee is under the influence on the job thats a different story.:twocents:

So your saying its perfectly ok for me to go get drunk and high on my lunch break then go back to work and when I run over someone on my forklift its perfectly ok because I got drunk and high on my own time? The reporter stated that the tip came from inside the plant so I would guess it has been a issue that has not been handled so they went to the media to get it out there publicly. Now that it has went nation wide they are forced to attempt to do something but since its UAW Im sure these D-BAGS will have their jobs back.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Cause those same glorified welfare whores, who stole money from retirees, shareholders, and taxpayers, then took their drunken, stoned little selves back to build the brakes and steering systems on the cars they are selling to the people they stole from. So, not only are they thieves, they are now setting loose ton and a half cruise missiles on the same streets my kid walks. That makes it news, and all of our business.
    Good one Joe!:yesway:
    They just couldn't wait for their 8hr shift to end. That's bad!

MeAndMyXD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Hammond
    No! What I meant was off the clock away from work. If what ever company you work for automotive or not has reasonable suspision that you are under the inflluence of any drug or alcohol that person or people should be immediatly terminated. I happen to be part of the UAW (not by choice) and nowhere in our union contract does it allow substance abuse of any kind. It strictly says ZERO TOLERANCE.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It really doesn't matter.

I suspect their steward has already told them to check themselves into a rehab hospital over the weekend. They'll be declared "disabled" by alcohol and/or cannabis addictions.
    Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, they will keep their jobs and full paychecks while they "recover" from their addictions.
    If they later "relapse," they'll have to go back into the hospital (at full salary) for more treatment.

After all, they're UNION!

MeAndMyXD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Hammond
    Not true in the contract it states that you would have to declare being drug or alcohol dependant before the fact. NOW that is in my companies contract not all UAW contracts are the same. That being said regardless of union or not the outcome of the situation falls on the company to handle it how they see fit.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Not true in the contract it states that you would have to declare being drug or alcohol dependant before the fact. NOW that is in my companies contract not all UAW contracts are the same. That being said regardless of union or not the outcome of the situation falls on the company to handle it how they see fit.

Maybe so, we'll see.

llamant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    I can't wait to see the next expose on middle and upper management, cocaine and 3 martini lunches.

Lobo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    This may explain why a company that has been building automobiles for around 100 years still can't figure out how to make a decent transmission.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    No! What I meant was off the clock away from work. If what ever company you work for automotive or not has reasonable suspision that you are under the inflluence of any drug or alcohol that person or people should be immediatly terminated. I happen to be part of the UAW (not by choice) and nowhere in our union contract does it allow substance abuse of any kind. It strictly says ZERO TOLERANCE.
    When they clock back in after 30min. isn't that under the influence.:dunno:

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Nothing new here. Been happening in Union shops for decades.. Usually Euchre is involved as well.

Not just union shops and not just manufacturing plants. It's everywhere. I witnessed a SSgt in the USAF have a ND in the Armory after he smoked and drinked a little during lunch.

rfontes

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Noblesville
    doesn't surprise me, every job that i had always had some employees that abused alcohol, weed, prescription drugs, cocaine, meth etc. how these people pass their urine test (buying sterile urine vials that come with heat compounds on the internet, 15 bucks).

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    As long as they are doing it on their own time it shouldnt matter what they do.
    Are you sure it's "their own time"? They weren't swiggin' and tokin' on the company's dime?

The one union job I had (lost it... because of the union) gave us PAID lunch and coffee breaks. I can't imagine the UAW settling for anything less.

Top Bottom