• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I searched before I posted this and found nothing...

VIDEO: Busted on the Job - Video - FoxNews.com

[URL="http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/09/23/chrysler-auto-workers-caught-camera-drinking-beer-smoking-pot-lunch-break/?test=latestnews"]Original Linky[/URL]

Chrysler Autoworkers Caught on Camera Drinking Beer, Smoking Pot During Break
    Published September 23, 2010 | FoxNews.com

While taxpayers are footing the bill to keep America's auto industry off life support, an undercover investigation shows illegal activities by Chrysler employees who have enjoyed nearly $15 billion in government money.

Dozens of autoworkers in Detroit were caught on camera drinking beer and smoking marijuana before heading to work at the Chrysler plant that President Obama praised in a speech just two months ago.

An exclusive investigation by MyFoxDetroit showed workers at Chrysler's Jefferson North Assembly Plant in Detroit, Mich., drinking beer and smoking joints while on a half-hour lunch break at a nearby park.

The investigation -- conducted over several weeks and based on tips from workers at the plant -- outraged the auto giant's top executives who reportedly called the behavior "totally unacceptable."

Obama spoke July 30 at the plant, where he lauded the American worker, saying, "It's workers like you that built this country into the greatest economic power the world has ever known."

"I want all of you to know, I will bet on the American worker any day of the week." he told the crowd.

"I wish they could see what I'm seeing in this plant and talk to the workers who are here, taking pride in building a world-class vehicle," Obama said, referring to opponents of the multibillion-dollar government auto bailout. "I don't think they'd be willing to look you in the eye and say that you were a bad investment."

Chrysler took $14.3 billion in government bailout money, which includes pre-bankruptcy loans. The company has repaid $3.7 billion.

The plant -- taking up more than 3 million square feet of factory -- employs 2,833 union auto workers. The station's report did not say how many workers were involved in the incident.

Scott Garberding, senior vice president of manufacturing, told MyFoxDetroit that he was "very disturbed" by what he saw in the video.

"I want to make it clear that we at Chrysler take this very seriously," he said in an interview with the station. "For us, this behavior is totally unacceptable and will be dealt with swiftly."

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Every auto worker in the universe should have to take a drug test and a pbt before beginning their shift from now on.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    Why didn’t the news media follow Chrysler non-union office workers during their lunch break then take hidden videos of them having drinks with their fellow office workers who were also benefiting from bailout money? Non-union should be held to the same scrutiny. I am not saying smoking pot and consuming large amounts of alcohol is not wrong, but I see an extremely one sided report here…

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Every auto worker in the universe should have to take a drug test and a pbt before beginning their shift from now on.

118_I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

That depends, how many motorcyclists did they run over during their shift?

OUCH!

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The news crew did 10 days of surveillance on the union works prior to approaching them directly with their camera running. They all laid skid marks outta there from the park that they were drinking and smoking pot in.

The CEO of Chrysler said thanks to the news crew and stated the employees that they could identify from the surveillance tapes would be fired.

Damn, I thought you only had to watch out for new cars that were built on Mondays to avoid hungover workers. :dunno:

TK

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Why is this news? The workers were drinking beer and smoking pot on their own time, off company property. I could see if somebody wanted to go through the trouble of reporting them to the company, but why is this a news story? Because their boss took Federal money we should worry about what they do off the clock?

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Why is this news? The workers were drinking beer and smoking pot on their own time, off company property. I could see if somebody wanted to go through the trouble of reporting them to the company, but why is this a news story? Because their boss took Federal money we should worry about what they do off the clock?

I'm sure when they straightened out as soon as they resumed their duties putting together the next family truckster or whatever POS that comes out of that plant.

Read the Jalopnik piece and it illustrates perfectly what a worthless cowardly organization the UAW really is.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Pot and alcohol is a great combination to build an automobile.
    I am certainly glad they have no consideration for the safety of the cars they put together being HIGH. I wonder how many recalls there will be next year from their HIGHLY skilled employees.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    This isn't unusual. I used to work in a liquor store that was close to the former New Castle Chrysler plant. Every day between 6:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m., I would have the same guys coming in to buy their liquid lunch. One of the guys would buy a twelve-pack and take it back with him and keep it in a refrigerator in the plant!

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    I hate delivering to the Chrysler buildings in Kokomo. Seems like everybody there is a lazy Joe Union. They will be sitting on the forklift reading the newspaper and I will ask them to unload me and they will say "Sorry, not my day" and make me wait for whoevers day it is to get off break.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I hate delivering to the Chrysler buildings in Kokomo. Seems like everybody there is a lazy Joe Union. They will be sitting on the forklift reading the newspaper and I will ask them to unload me and they will say "Sorry, not my day" and make me wait for whoevers day it is to get off break.
    And people wonder why our jobs are going out of country. :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I see the point you are trying to make, but it is against policy at most companies to come in to work intoxicated. If this were the end of their shift, then I agree. It's not to mention that they are in blatant disregard of their own business by participating in said activities in the wide open public view. Idiots.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Geez I only get a half hour for lunch too and that's not even enough time to go to taco bell!

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    We have guys that don't even bother to drink off the grounds. They bring in their "special" soda bottles and just sip on it all day.

One guy is yellow because he's getting into advanced stages of liver failure and just won't stop drinking.

The really sad part is that he's one of the better workers.

There are plenty of stone sober guys that do more harm than good every day.

Top Bottom