Not open for further replies.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I've been ordered back inside my house before when I lived over near CM. But it was because there was a near-SWAT situation (about 10 IMPD cars) at the house across the street. And they only ordered me back inside after they started kneeling behind their car doors though. That seemed reasonable. :)

Channeling Kirk for a moment. But muy rigghts.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Joe Biden weighs in with some helpful advice for police.

What's scary is how many people actually buy into the BS he mutters as realistic. Kinda like a majority of these protesters who actually believe the BS they are spewing from their mouths and are demanding change with no clue of what is involved or any realistic ideas to share. These people don't have the brain God gave a rubber duck

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Channeling Kirk for a moment. But muy rigghts.

There are 4 words that are appropriate when dealing with police. "Yes sir (or ma'am)", and "No sir (or ma'am)" as far as I'm concerned. It has served me well for 60 years. Although it was highly unlikely that I would have been arrested until at least age 16. So 44 years. :):

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    "Get inside! Now!"

On my own property? The hell, you say.

Is Minneapolis trying to get its police department sued out of existence?

Capture.jpg

Q: Can I be outside on my own property during curfew hours, such as on my porch or in my yard?

A: Yes, but if a police officer or other public safety officer asks you to go inside, you must do so.

https://www.startribune.com/what-yo...-extended-twin-cities-curfew-order/570906282/

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Trump: "If governors don't take care of it, I will deploy the US military to do it..." paraphrased.

Functionally, I believe President Trump just invoked the insurrection act! Wow!

I was really hoping the next words out of his mouth, right before he turned his back on the camera and the mic, was going to be a proposed call-up of the unorganized militia (10 USC 246). Man I wanted him to say those words.

I think on balance however; I'll settle for the insurrection act. I've heard others complaining there was no leadership. That was leadership.

I sincerely hope the last 19 years of abuse of the Fourth amendment with the Patriot act will now be put to good use. I really expect my government with those powers to be able to identify these little ********ers, and haul them off for prosecution as domestic terrorists.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I was really hoping the next words out of his mouth, right before he turned his back on the camera and the mic, was going to be a proposed call-up of the unorganized militia (10 USC 246). Man I wanted him to say those words.

I think on balance however; I'll settle for the insurrection act. I've heard others complaining there was no leadership. That was leadership.

I sincerely hope the last 19 years of abuse of the Fourth amendment with the Patriot act will now be put to good use. I really expect my government with those powers to be able to identify these little ********ers, and haul them off for prosecution as domestic terrorists.

While I understand and somewhat agree with all of that, I think it's very much a case of "be careful what you wish for". Just sayin'.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

People give me a hard time for it, but honestly, Trump is the first president I trust with the powers available to him.

He continually shows exceedingly high levels of restraint with utilizing power, and actually verbally acknowledges that individual's rights are what keeps him from doing it unless absolutely necessary. He talks big, but what he actually does is with a much softer hand than he is given credit for.

But it could also be politics that makes him hold back. He clearly wants to let these democrat governors and mayors make a fool out of themselves, then waddle up and and clean up the mess. As they say, never interrupt your enemy when they're making a mistake.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    While I understand and somewhat agree with all of that, I think it's very much a case of "be careful what you wish for". Just sayin'.

I think that if the riots continue and the governors do nothing he will invoke the Insurrection Act. After that all bets are off.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    People give me a hard time for it, but honestly, Trump is the first president I trust with the powers available to him.

He continually shows exceedingly high levels of restraint with utilizing power, and actually verbally acknowledges that individual's rights are what keeps him from doing it unless absolutely necessary. He talks big, but what he actually does is with a much softer hand than he is given credit for.

But it could also be politics that makes him hold back. He clearly wants to let these democrat governors and mayors make a fool out of themselves, then waddle up and and clean up the mess. As they say, never interrupt your enemy when they're making a mistake.

He does. And his detractors accuse him of being a tyrant because he wants things done quickly. And then, just like with the Covid crap, in the same breath turn around and accuse him of not acting fast enough.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Guidance for those living in Minneapolis from the state.

Community safety

• Lock your doors and windows.
    • Leave all lights on.
    • Keep watch from the second floor of the building.
    • Put away your trash, recycling, and organics carts, lawn bags, lawn signs and other items that are not secured.
    • Lock up or secure your flammables such as cans or containers of gasoline, propane, kerosene, diesel fuel. It is not safe to leave flammable fluids or materials on the porch, in the yard, or in unlocked garages or sheds.
    • Place your vehicles inside a locked garage if possible.
    • Chain up dumpsters and drench them with water.
    • If strangers are approaching make noise with whistles, noisemakers, or by banging on pots and pans so they know the home is occupied.
    • Pull hoses out for easy access and turn them on.
    • Fill buckets of water.
    • Know your vulnerable neighbors and provide them assistance.
    • Identify medically trained people on your block.
    • Ask people what neighborhood they live in.
    • Get license plate numbers of suspicious vehicles.
    • Charge phones and portable power banks in case the power goes out.
    • Pack a bag and have a plan to leave if you feel your residence has become unsafe:
      • Identify a safe place you can go and stay. This may be the home of family or friends.
      • Identify how can communicate with your loved ones. This should include a location to meet if cell service is interrupted.
      • Pack items you will need while you are away. Be sure to include medications.
      • Plan several routes to your safe place and avoid areas of large crowds. Write them down. GPS may not be available.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Community safety

• Leave all lights on.
    • Put away your trash, recycling, and organics carts, lawn bags, lawn signs and other items that are not secured.
    • Lock up or secure your flammables such as cans or containers of gasoline, propane, kerosene, diesel fuel. It is not safe to leave flammable fluids or materials on the porch, in the yard, or in unlocked garages or sheds.
    • If strangers are approaching make noise with whistles, noisemakers, or by banging on pots and pans so they know the home is occupied.
    • Fill buckets of water.
    • Pack a bag and have a plan to leave if you feel your residence has become unsafe:
      • Identify a safe place you can go and stay. This may be the home of family or friends.
      • Identify how can communicate with your loved ones. This should include a location to meet if cell service is interrupted.
      • Plan several routes to your safe place and avoid areas of large crowds. Write them down. GPS may not be available.

This is all good advice regardless, but especially poignant for them to be saying it now.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

I think since the root cause of these riots has been identified (antifa) things will simmer down considerably.

Their cover has been blown, and protesters have been filmed dragging their *** out of the crowd and into the arms of police.

If city officials had any sense, they'd start putting out notices for the protesters of what to look out for and how to get them out of the crowd.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Community safety

• Leave all lights on.
    • Fill buckets of water.

Huh. I see to prep buckets of water in case someone lights your house on fire. I see you should bring in your "organics carts." How quaint. Ooh, make sure to blow a whistle so marauders know your house is "occupied." That's helpful.

No where in the advice does it mention being able to properly defend your home in case some *******s come along and try to kick your doors in and burn it down.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Huh. I see to prep buckets of water in case someone lights your house on fire. I see you should bring in your "organics carts." How quaint. Ooh, make sure to blow a whistle so marauders know your house is "occupied." That's helpful.

No where in the advice does it mention being able to properly defend your home in case some *******s come along and try to kick your doors in and burn it down.

You aren't allowed to defend your home in MN with lethal force.

Only yourself. (Or family)

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    You aren't allowed to defend your home in MN with lethal force.

Only yourself. (Or family)
    Minnesota isn't a stand your ground state. ... The state doesn't have a castle law per se, but it does recognize the principles of the doctrine because Minnesota law allows you to use deadly force, including shooting an intruder, to prevent a felony from occurring in your home
    statelaws.findlaw.com/minnesota-law/minnesota-self-defense-laws.html

I have property in both Indiana and Minnesota. Working on the castle law this year :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom