• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Minnesota isn't a stand your ground state. ... The state doesn't have a castle law per se, but it does recognize the principles of the doctrine because Minnesota law allows you to use deadly force, including shooting an intruder, to prevent a felony from occurring in your home
    statelaws.findlaw.com/minnesota-law/minnesota-self-defense-laws.html

I have property in both Indiana and Minnesota. Working on the castle law this year :)

I'm not really sure what all qualifies as a felony after they've entered your home.

Guess Minnesota expects the average person to be a lawyer, lol.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I've been ordered back inside my house before when I lived over near CM. But it was because there was a near-SWAT situation (about 10 IMPD cars) at the house across the street. And they only ordered me back inside after they started kneeling behind their car doors though. That seemed reasonable. :)

That makes sense. Or if a dog was out.

Not allowed on your porch during curfew, if that's what it was :nono:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Capture.jpg

Q: Can I be outside on my own property during curfew hours, such as on my porch or in my yard?

A: Yes, but if a police officer or other public safety officer asks you to go inside, you must do so.

https://www.startribune.com/what-yo...-extended-twin-cities-curfew-order/570906282/

Well, there's that.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I think that if the riots continue and the governors do nothing he will invoke the Insurrection Act. After that all bets are off.

My wife's liberal sister is watching CNN and is on the phone saying Trump declared marshall law. I tried to tell her the states have to ask for federal troops, he only makes them available. Of course I'm wrong. CNN says different.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He does. And his detractors accuse him of being a tyrant because he wants things done quickly. And then, just like with the Covid crap, in the same breath turn around and accuse him of not acting fast enough.
    :facepalm:

C’mon. He ordered the BATFEIEIO to say that a plastic accessory is a machine gun. I don’t trust anyone with that kind of power. But granted I trust Democrats even less than Trump.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    In 1992, President George H.W. Bush ordered the Army’s 7th Infantry and 1,500 Marines to quell the Rodney King riots burning down LA. Bush 41 knew that King had been unjustly treated—“what I saw made me sick”—but he knew deadly riots would only multiply the victims.

To those who claim the military has no role in stopping anarchists and other criminals from tearing apart our cities: read a book. The military has intervened to maintain public order since the Whiskey Rebellion. Here are a few recent examples.
    https://twitter.com/SenTomCotton

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    [FONT=&quot]Well, I guess we do it different in Indianapolis. The protesters arrived at the governor's mansion. Police were set up already after the 4 mile march. The protesters and police talked and then the protesters and police marched off together after hugging each other.[/FONT]

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm not really sure what all qualifies as a felony after they've entered your home.

Guess Minnesota expects the average person to be a lawyer, lol.

I think it has been mentioned that MN is a "duty to retreat" state. I believe they expect you to run out the back door if they kick in the front one. Idiots.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    As much as i'm against puting troops in the streets in LE rolls I came across this from the Rodney King riots in 92. I have to admit I did giggle a bit while reading this article.

https://www.wearethemighty.com/history/marines-la-riots

When the Los Angeles Police Department responded to this particular domestic dispute during the 1992 LA riots, they likely didn't need the backing of the United States Marine Corps – but they had it anyway. Upon approaching the house, one officer was hit by a shotgun blast of birdshot. He called back to the Marines to cover him. Unfortunately, what "cover" meant to the Marines and to the LAPD were two different things.

Here it comes... Oorah....

The officer just wanted the threat of M-16s pointed at the house to keep the shooter from shooting again. The Marines thought the 200 rounds they fired into the house would be enough. They were probably both right. But that's not how the U.S. Army National Guard would have done it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom