• Status
    Not open for further replies.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I don't really credit the mob with having an intelligence. It looks to me more like there are instigators of the mob, and knowing participants within the mob, and then there are just almost mindless drones running the input through algorithms. It's a collective behavior but not a collective intelligence.

I was speaking of the mob in terms of a larger collective of all the crazy moonbats as a whole, both those that guide and instigate and the useful idiots doing the work of drones, not of the smaller collectives of looters and rioters.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    All statues brought down or defaced by a mob are a problem. They do not own them, do not represent the popular and/or owners will and operate strictly by force. Passivity in the face of aggression only emboldens it, which is why they are now pulling down:
    • Founding fathers
    • Misc presidents
    • Abolitionists
    • People who had an active hand in stopping slavery via the Civil War (Grant, Lincoln)
    • Former slaves (Cervantes)
    • Black military members
    • Jesus
    • and others

What do all of these people have in common? They are all notable and/or important to American history. Who won't be pulled down? Lenin and other communists.

I don't disagree with any of that. In my reply to Hough, I clarified that I'm not saying it's okay for the mob to take down anything. But if local communities take them down and follow the democratic process for doing that, it's their business. Of course I realize that they're trying to deconstruct the Historical America.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    andre' carson said people "spit on him" and called him "******" as he walked across the street for the signing of obammy care.... folks believed it.

andre' carson said there were folks "in this tea party in congress" that want to see "people like you and me hanging from trees".... folks believed it.

There are many folks more than willing to believe a race bating jackass.

What else do they hear? No one that those people respect challenges him in a serious way on a wide platform that reaches many people. And that's not going to happen either.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It may go to show just how much NASCAR popularity has eroded, that nobody even bothered to start a thread for the Bubba Wallace "incident" yesterday. (Bubba Wallace is the black NASCAR driver who has painted his car with BLM for Talladega and who pushed NASCAR to ban Confederate flags.) So, this thread seems like the most relevant place to bring it up. Allegedly, one of his crew members found a "noose" hanging in his garage yesterday morning. As it turns out, it was almost certainly at best a misunderstanding, but more likely an intentional misunderstanding, if not a hoax.

The "noose"? Near-100% certainty that it was nothing more than a manual garage door pull rope with hand loop, that is installed on every bay door in the garage.

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/1275537836020690944

The FBI has just released a statement about the NASCAR noose incident at Talladega, indicating it was a misunderstanding. No crime was committed. The noose was already there as early as last year.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I guess sometimes a rope is just a rope. The left pundits and agitators have indeed created created a demand for racism that far exceeds the supply. I think people have a right to demand an answer to why every rope like object or image that remotely could be construed to be in the shape of a noose absolutely has to be intended as a message of racial hatred.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I will never understand why, when articles contain screen shots of tweets or other social media posts, that they feel the need to then quote what is clearly visible in the screen shot. Either just show the screen shot, or quote it. No need to say the same thing twice. And they all do it, no matter what the news source. :rolleyes:

Not everyone can "see' the screenshot.
    If you have a vision impairment and use reading software on your computer the software CAN NOT read the contents of the image. It will just say IMAGE IMEMBEDDED. If there is text in a caption it will read that.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    It looks like Will Rogers is going to be indicted (in absentia) for fashioning "nooses".

5842204246a82.image.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I think it highlights a classic divide: rural/urban.

Rural people pride themselves in being able to rise to the occasion and solve problems for themselves. Much of this is necessity...when the closest hospital is an hour away - and so is the local deputy - you have considerable incentive to take action yourself. The thing is, the types of problems that the rural life presents are often very different from those that city life presents. In the country the struggle is oneself against nature and the struggles that come from living a more isolated life.

In urban life problems are much more likely to involve other people...and so are the solutions.

People in urban settings are raised, at least from the time they enter public school, to believe in the power of municipal authority and to accept its place in their lives. When there isn't enough money at home for food...the school will feed you. Need to get checked for glasses, spine curvature, or hearing loss? NP, the school has you covered. Sick or injured? When mom worked full time her insurance only kicked in after tens of thousands of dollars of out of pocket expense, but after filing for medicaid you can see the doctor regularly. When it comes time to move out and get a place of your own, the allure of section 8 can be all too strong, especially when you grew up that way. When you have a problem in your daily life the police, CPS, and the courts are *right there*...whether you want their attention or not.

I think that's a big part of it...government is present everywhere you look in the city and the suburbs, and it's just *accepted* that responsibility is something the government assigns, and it doesn't work in your favor to take more upon yourself in that perspective.

I enjoy rural living, and you're right it's way less complex.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Missing rope hand-loop (notice how short the pull rope is, as if it has been cut) in stall 4. See also the rope and hand-loop in stall 5, for comparison/reference:

View attachment 88119

Here is the same stall 4 in November 2019 compared to yesterday. Notice a) the rope hand-loop is present in the earlier photo and b) again, how much shorter the pull rope is in the present:

View attachment 88120

This is either embarrassingly stupid on the part of whomever "reported" the "noose", or else it is an intentional manipulation of a misunderstanding (or creation of a hoax) to drive a particular narrative.

Now, look closer at the first image. What do you notice about the hand-loop in stall 5? Why, yes: it has been untied. Now why on earth would anyone do that?!? It boggles the mind, truly.

Looks like we have a winner, according to the FBI.

105522167_10158174821168801_1177718288543496584_o.jpg

Last edited:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Looks like we have a winner, according to the FBI.

105522167_10158174821168801_1177718288543496584_o.jpg

So we're expecting wide spread front page retractions across the nation and a tearful statement from Bubba saying how proud he is to live in a country where not only did this not happen, but a man can make a terrible mistake and be forgiven for it if he owns it like a man?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom