Not open for further replies.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Couldn't do a simple search? Here are locations of Lenin statues in America:
    • Las Vegas
    • Los Angeles
    • Seattle
    • New York City
    • Hutchinson, Kansas
    • Willimantic, Connecticut

Nice. Way to bury the lede on these.

So, in the end, like I said, Seattle is the only one in public, unironically.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Some of both. What difference does that make? The mob doesn't respect private property any more than public. They are intent on destroying American history and have no right to destroy.

It makes all the difference...obviously. 1st Amendment means a private individual can express whatever political belief they want, even with a statue of Lenin.

Public- the citizens of that area should get together and get the statue taken down...and I would love to see the evidence of a government putting a statue of Lenin up with public funds on public land.

As for what the mob does, that they do horrible things is not justification to do likewise. There is a process. It should be followed.

No lede buried. I wanted to see if you could actually do your own search.

Uh huh. Try to sell that to.....anyone.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Don’t get me wrong, if a private individual wants to build a statue, I don’t care. Build a statue of ET for all I care, but why would American tax dollars go to erect a statue that has nothing to do with democracy or capitalism? Seems odd

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Why are there Lenin statues in America anyway?

As shown, most are either in a museum, or part of some themed restaurant. (wasn't there one in Wayne World 2, or something?)

Seattle's is in a hippie-dippie part of town.

Hence, there's really only one, thus nullifying Phase2's assertion. (Maybe his whole claim was just a test. :dunno:)

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    As shown, most are either in a museum, or part of some themed restaurant. (wasn't there one in Wayne World 2, or something?)

Seattle's is in a hippie-dippie part of town.

Hence, there's really only one, thus nullifying Phase2's assertion. (Maybe his whole claim was just a test. :dunno:)

Ah. I’m ok with it in museums and private businesses or people owning them. I’d actually like seeing communist stuff in museums, I like reading about that time period and being able to see it would be cool. Just don’t want my taxes paying for it.

Thanks

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I figured you'd like the people rising up and tearing down these edifices of the state. Power to the people, down with evil government, and all that.

I'm good with a drastic reduction in the scope or even a dissolution of the central government by the States.... not the same thing.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I saw an article on FB. Apparently he saw a serpentine belt... are we to believe that he doesnt know the difference in a belt and a noose...

ETA: that is now fake news, maybe...

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/06/bubba-wallace-serpentine-belt-noose-nascar-hoax/

I will never understand why, when articles contain screen shots of tweets or other social media posts, that they feel the need to then quote what is clearly visible in the screen shot. Either just show the screen shot, or quote it. No need to say the same thing twice. And they all do it, no matter what the news source. :rolleyes:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I will never understand why, when articles contain screen shots of tweets or other social media posts, that they feel the need to then quote what is clearly visible in the screen shot. Either just show the screen shot, or quote it. No need to say the same thing twice. And they all do it, no matter what the news source. :rolleyes:

Probably the same reason every news story has to have either a relevant photo or a file photo.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    This makes sense. But then, just quote the tweet or post and leave the screen shot out of it.

Signed,

The Department of Redundancy Department

Meh. With the way media tends to exaggerate and lie, I’d rather they leave the screenshot in so I can verify it was actually said, with the exact wording, that they claim it was.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

It really is just to have it indexed in a way that's searchable and readable universally. Some people may consume articles with text-to-speech, for example.

Side-benefit of having a screenshot, too, is people often delete tweets. Good to have it as a backup.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom