• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    There's no way I can be following you correctly. As I just read that, you seem to be calling me un-American for believing that there are people out there who will base their decisions about a person on the color of their skin.

Or are we getting "racism" and "institutional racism" confused? I'd agree that institutional racism has been long gone for a long time, but there are for sure still racist people out there.

No, I wasn't calling you that. I was intending it to be for anyone who thinks racism at any practical level is still a factor. I just didn't word it as well as I intended to, sorry.

Thought policing is something I find deeply disturbing, and the concept of eliminating racism outside of the institutional level, a horrifying prospect for anyone who values liberty and individual expression.
    As long as you can sue for discrimination, and have a reasonable chance of winning your case, I don't believe racism is a factor that matters.

Someone holding prejudiced views who isn't actually hurting anyone or breaking the law should be the last thing any sane person is concerned about.

There is another form of racism, that I do believe, is becoming an actual problem. But it is not the kind of racism the likes of BLM or progressives seek to challenge.
    It is the concept that racism is a one way street, and that discrimination should be permissible based on skin color from an institutional level. It's the pendulum swinging so far beyond the desired objective it's bring about an inverse Jim Crow era. An Era where simply not being vocal about your support for any given progressive agenda is enough to get you fired, cause you to lose favor in a criminal case, and suffer severe social ostracism.
    California just repealed their anti-discrimination laws, allowing racial discrimination for public positions.
    It still must pass a ballot initiative, but it shows you what the future holds and how these people think.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Can we please see these "nooses"? Anyone notice the stark absence of these nooses, whether Smollett, Bubba, or the construction site noose? Are they ACTUAL nooses, or just loops of rope (slip knots), or even just a section of rope? Inquiring minds want to know. My vote says none were actual nooses because you know damn good and well if it were this, it would be FRONT. AND. CENTER. On every last cable news program.

(yes I'm preaching to the choir) THIS is a noose. The other is knot. (sorry, I couldnt resist. Dad jokes are my weakness)
    iu

Though my gut is, especially based on the quick google search resulting in top matches like this, I think its more a slipknot or other generic loop that is being erroneously blamed for an actual racist symbol.

This is what google returns as a top tier result for a noose. Its a slip knot, idiots. :facepalm:
    NooseKnot.jpg

I'm offended that you are using an orange "noose". What are you trying to imply about orange man!! What!!! :facepalm:

Frankly I'm tired of hearing them cry wolf and no wolf around.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    whelp.

The driver is doubling down, and lying now, about the rope. With all evidence pointing to other garages having similar ropes to pull the door, and it being there at most as early as 2018... he's insisting it was a hate crime. That's a shame.

The demand for hate crimes exceeds the supply, so false hate crimes get manufactured

Normal people should be happy this was a "misunderstanding"

But all the lefty journos are actually mad at this result. They want the strife, anger, racial hatred.

So, be sure to look around at who is upset that no actual hate crime was committed against Wallace.

The garage in question is new, apparently having been built in 2019 and first used around October. But, yes: there is evidence of a perfectly normal hand-loop being tied into the pull cords for these garage bays in that time frame.

The pictures from 2018 that I've seen are from Charlotte, not Talladega; but they serve nicely to demonstrate that perfectly normal hand-loops are indeed perfectly normal, and not unique to this garage in Talladega, much less, unique to the #4 stall in that garage.

I don't fault Wallace for the initial brouhaha, since he was not a witness or - to anyone's knowledge - a participant in giving legs to the "misunderstanding". But I do fault Wallace for blatantly lying to Don Lemon. ("I never saw it"; "It was a straight-up noose." - Only one of these two statements can be true, and we have irrefutable, visual evidence that it was not, in fact, a noose.) And I also fault Wallace for going Full Kap. (Never go Full Kap.)

Most importantly, I fault the Richard Petty Racing team (one of whom "found" the "noose" and "reported" it to the crew chief - and none of whom stopped the nonsense in its tracks, given that the "noose" was a perfectly normal hand-loop tied in the garage bay door pull-rope) and I fault NASCAR (who similarly failed to stop the nonsense it its tracks, but instead made the conscious, intentional decision to go full-on SJW).

As for who is actually upset at the outcome: spot on. See, for example, Jemele Hill.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Can we please see these "nooses"? Anyone notice the stark absence of these nooses, whether Smollett, Bubba, or the construction site noose? Are they ACTUAL nooses, or just loops of rope (slip knots), or even just a section of rope? Inquiring minds want to know. My vote says none were actual nooses because you know damn good and well if it were this, it would be FRONT. AND. CENTER. On every last cable news program.

(yes I'm preaching to the choir) THIS is a noose. The other is knot. (sorry, I couldnt resist. Dad jokes are my weakness)

Though my gut is, especially based on the quick google search resulting in top matches like this, I think its more a slipknot or other generic loop that is being erroneously blamed for an actual racist symbol.

This is what google returns as a top tier result for a noose. Its a slip knot, idiots. :facepalm:

I posted a picture of the actual culprit, up-thread. I doubt it's a slip knot. The point of the loop is to serve as a grab handle for one's hand, to facilitate lowering the overhead bay door. It is more likely a loop knot.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I posted a picture of the actual culprit, up-thread. I doubt it's a slip knot. The point of the loop is to serve as a grab handle for one's hand, to facilitate lowering the overhead bay door. It is more likely a loop knot.

and that makes it even more absurd. A fixed loop that is only generally similar in shape to a noose shouldn’t be offensive. ESPECIALLY when it is a functional tool.

what’s next? Being offended at white linens because kkk robes were also white?

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    "Someone holding prejudiced views who isn't actually hurting anyone or breaking the law should be the last thing any sane person is concerned about."

And that's a fact! Thought police.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    George Floyd's brother Philonise Floyd started a gofundme account and it is close to $14Million now. That should cover the 3 funeralS.
    FIFY

And this should be taken into consideration by a jury for any damages they might consider awarding. I'd love to see them say "Nah, they good. They got their money.".

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It’s not an earth shattering thought, but it hit me hard when it came to me. This is the new “stolen valor”. A victim is now the most virtuous thing you can be.

That's the entire Crux of intersectionality and identity politics. It's a bottom up hierarchy in which a person's status and power among the group is based on how many minority groups they belong to.

Straight white male earns the lowest intersectionality score so they are dismissed. A straight white woman is given points for being female, but since she's white and straight she is rated lower than a straight black woman. A gay black woman would have more clout, and so on.

Victimhood is a currency for the left.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    That's the entire Crux of intersectionality and identity politics. It's a bottom up hierarchy in which a person's status and power among the group is based on how many minority groups they belong to.

Straight white male earns the lowest intersectionality score so they are dismissed. A straight white woman is given points for being female, but since she's white and straight she is rated lower than a straight black woman. A gay black woman would have more clout, and so on.

Victimhood is a currency for the left.

At the other end is a black native American transgender pansexual with a degree in women's studies who suffers from post-traumatic stress after being shot off of a Christopher Columbus statue with a tear gas canister and ripping her/his/its Che t-shirt.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    At the other end is a black native American transgender pansexual with a degree in women's studies who suffers from post-traumatic stress after being shot off of a Christopher Columbus statue with a tear gas canister and ripping her/his/its Che t-shirt.
    That sounds like Biden’s VP pick!

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    No, I wasn't calling you that. I was intending it to be for anyone who thinks racism at any practical level is still a factor. I just didn't word it as well as I intended to, sorry.

Thought policing is something I find deeply disturbing, and the concept of eliminating racism outside of the institutional level, a horrifying prospect for anyone who values liberty and individual expression.
    As long as you can sue for discrimination, and have a reasonable chance of winning your case, I don't believe racism is a factor that matters.

Someone holding prejudiced views who isn't actually hurting anyone or breaking the law should be the last thing any sane person is concerned about.

There is another form of racism, that I do believe, is becoming an actual problem. But it is not the kind of racism the likes of BLM or progressives seek to challenge.
    It is the concept that racism is a one way street, and that discrimination should be permissible based on skin color from an institutional level. It's the pendulum swinging so far beyond the desired objective it's bring about an inverse Jim Crow era. An Era where simply not being vocal about your support for any given progressive agenda is enough to get you fired, cause you to lose favor in a criminal case, and suffer severe social ostracism.
    California just repealed their anti-discrimination laws, allowing racial discrimination for public positions.
    It still must pass a ballot initiative, but it shows you what the future holds and how these people think.

I gotcha. You're basically taking the approach that I've heard Ben Shapiro take, which in a nutshell is that there are plenty of racist people, but virtually no one in America cares enough about anyone to do anything either for or against them, and if they do we have laws for that, so it basically doesn't matter.

I agree that you should be able to think what ever crazy thing you'd like, but when you act on it is when there's a problem and we already have a system to deal with that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The concept of the noose being a symbol of racist hatred is insulting.

It has been and still is a form of capital punishment. Do these people think they're the only ones who have ever had anything bad happen to them in history? The narcissism behind this kind of believe system is intolerable.

There are many non-racist uses for a ****ing slipknot. So I guess the wokescolds have now decided that we can no longer fashion them for any useful, non-racist purpose because it may offend some people. The Geniuses at NASCAR, even after the FBI said it wasn’t a hate crime, said it was still a noose. :rolleyes:

See. This is why metropolitan people should just shut the **** up about things practical because they don’t have a ****ing clue. The NASCAR idiots look extremely foolish. Around the property I often use rope to pull stuff, secure stuff, wrap stuff, whatever, and I use a variety of knots appropriate for the use. It’s a tool. Okay. Sometimes the right knot for the job is some type of ***damn slipknot. Stop calling it a noose. ****tards.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom