• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    You do know that as much as folks like to "demonize the south", slavery was not a "southern thing" don't you?

New York had a "thriving slave trade". Slavery was also in practiced in Connecticut, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Maryland, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island just to name a few northern states that come to mind.

Yep. My comment was posted without properly thinking it through. It was dumb.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Why are there so many people without shoes? They felt the need to write it on the list twice so there must be a fair number barefooted people there.

I mean, after 5-6 days I might want a fresh pair of socks and clean Jockies, but shoes?

Let's assume someone had no time to plan at all. Just happens to be walking by and sees this group forming. Says, "I want to be a part of this" and plops down in the middle of the park. Were they not wearing any shoes at all? Did they at least have flip flops on? I'm very confused by this.

If I were to show up at something like this, I would bring at least some basic supplies. I'd likely have boots on. I imagine most everyone on INGO would prepare themselves to some degree too.

My point is that this is what we're dealing in the culture war. People pushing ideas as short-sighted and half baked as their decision to join whatever they think CHAZ represents. Point this stuff out every chance you get. Let people see how ridiculous it is. Highlight heir bad ideas, violent and destructive actions, insane demands and internal infighting.

I have faith that there are enough normal, sane people walking around that see this for what it. They understand how out of control the mayors and governors have let things get. They see that there is no leadership and no plan to stop it. They see the corporations literally bending the knee.

The last thing I want to see is the National Guard step in and force these people out. That is the worst thing Trump could do heading into the election.

The National Guard should set up a perimeter around their little camp. Anyone and everyone is free to leave and go outside the wire. But no one is allowed in. Exit only.

No food deliveries. No sanitation. No medical help. No fuel. Nothing.

This **** would be over in a week to 10 days.

I agree. Trump should just let it all turn to **** in these cities. Let the blame fall where it belongs - on the local bat-**** crazies that run the joint. And I think he should make it a point to say that he's going to do just that. Put it all back on them and see how they respond. Oh and by the way, cut off all federal funding to the cities/states that are letting it happen. After all, they're the ones complaining about his handling of it all. If I were Trump, I'd just throw up my hands and say, "Okay, it's all yours."

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    My family came over on the Mayflower. To my knowledge, none of them even traveled south of the Mason Dixon line, so I know they never had slaves.

I have a cousin on my moms side who actually was a Confederate General, General J. Pettigrew. They are still not getting my checkbook, not much in there anyway.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    You do know that as much as folks like to "demonize the south", slavery was not a "southern thing" don't you?

New York had a "thriving slave trade". Slavery was also in practiced in Connecticut, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Maryland, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island just to name a few northern states that come to mind.

animation-slave-density.gif

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/maps-reveal-slavery-expanded-across-united-states-180951452/

Did you know that in most nations, those who declare war and open fire on their countrymen are considered traitors?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ice, the good kind, opposed to the bad kind?

cigarettes and lighters? Shouldn’t the nanny state be going crazy now, since cigarettes are evil? Did they already loot all the weed shops?

you need shoes on day five? And clothes? There is no other way to put this, you are totally ****ed.

in all seriousness I really feel for the people who live there and are trapped there and are trying to make a living. They are dumb ass sheep who are realizing that maybe just maybe people like the ones on Ingo ain’t so bad after all And there is a reason our founders put the second amendment as high up as they did. But I still feel for them.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    animation-slave-density.gif

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/maps-reveal-slavery-expanded-across-united-states-180951452/

Did you know that in most nations, those who declare war and open fire on their countrymen are considered traitors?

You do know that the independent State of South Carolina had announced that an attempt to resupply Fort Sumter would be viewed as an act of aggression. It is precisely why Lincoln ordered it to be resupplied....to draw fire and enable the claim "see...they started it". The cover worked then and continues to be "the story" to this day.

Such actions by the union continued on for years after.

"Remember the Maine"

"We've been attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin"

Just a couple of examples.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ice, the good kind, opposed to the bad kind?

cigarettes and lighters? Shouldn’t the nanny state be going crazy now, since cigarettes are evil? Did they already loot all the weed shops?

you need shoes on day five? And clothes? There is no other way to put this, you are totally ****ed.

in all seriousness I really feel for the people who live there and are trapped there and are trying to make a living. They are dumb ass sheep who are realizing that maybe just maybe people like the ones on Ingo ain’t so bad after all And there is a reason our founders put the second amendment as high up as they did. But I still feel for them.

Their weed supply must be okay since they didn't ask for that! :): Once that runs out, all bets are off.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

I think you're right to add quotes.

Well, at least in the spot marked.

https://www.reddit.com/r/suspiciousquotes/

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    My apologies for taking the thread off track. I've simply grown tired southern states and even the Confederacy of States being used as a scapegoat for all things evil.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My apologies for taking the thread off track. I've simply grown tired southern states and even the Confederacy of States being used as a scapegoat for all things evil.

Well crap. I thought it had been awhile but...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BigRed again.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    My family came over on the Mayflower. To my knowledge, none of them even traveled south of the Mason Dixon line, so I know they never had slaves.

Somehow I doubt that factoid will help much if someone asks me to "check my privilege."

Heck, my family came over from Germany in the late 1800s, well after the civil war.

I have documentation going back to the 1600s. It goes back further but it gets very sketchy as to how believable it is.

For someone to allege that my ancestors had slaves in US territory is hilarious.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    You do know that the independent State of South Carolina had announced that an attempt to resupply Fort Sumter would be viewed as an act of aggression. It is precisely why Lincoln ordered it to be resupplied....to draw fire and enable the claim "see...they started it". The cover worked then and continues to be "the story" to this day.

It's called the UNITED States of America. Pretty sure that the President has the authority to resupply a ****ing US military base, regardless of what an "independent state" wants. Saying that Lincoln resupplied the fort to "draw fire" is like saying that we deserved the attacks on 9/11.

I guess you are fine with the scumbag traitors who have taken over downtown Seattle as well? They also think they are independent. Maybe Trump will send federal LE or or US troops to "draw fire." I'm sure they've warned him not to.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Nobody said that the south was all things evil. They have awesome BBQ, and really good biscuits and gravy. The women are pretty hot, if you can woo them away from their cousins. And I automatically trust any auto mechanic with a southern accent. That doesn't apply to heart surgeons, though. "Hand me that thar scalpel" is not something I want to hear as I'm drifting off on anesthesia.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Camhickey
    Top Bottom