• Status
    Not open for further replies.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I wonder how much the expanded unemployment checks of $600 per week are adding to this **** fest. They were supposed to stop July 31. I think we'd all be better off if they stopped today.

My work can't get people to apply for openings. Had one open since April 26th, when unemployment pays 24.75 an hour based on a 40 hour week and no condition to try to find a job, would you take a job that pays less then half of that? In normal times, unemployment equals 9.75 an hour.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I wonder how much the expanded unemployment checks of $600 per week are adding to this **** fest. They were supposed to stop July 31. I think we'd all be better off if they stopped today.

Wish they could use facial recognition software on all of the footage of these protests, rioting and looting. If you've got time to protest, that's time you could be spending looking for a job. Caught protesting?

44gbow.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Protests, rioting and looting should not be treated the same.

Protests are fine. There should never be retribution for protesting.

Riots, that is, throwing and breaking things and not disbursing, catch and release unless you actually hurt someone or damage something.

Looters are just criminal opportunists. Prosecute them for the crimes they commit.

If we don't suspend benefits for other crimes, we shouldn't for these.

"Time to look for a job". There's a guy whose livelihood hasn't been affected by the pandemic.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Riots, that is, throwing and breaking things and not disbursing, catch and release unless you actually hurt someone or damage something.

Looters are just criminal opportunists. Prosecute them for the crimes they commit.

"Time to look for a job". There's a guy whose livelihood hasn't been affected by the pandemic.

You are correct, my livelihood hasn't been affected by the pandemic (other than being busier than before), but if it had, I wouldn't be attending protests. I'd be hitting the pavement (or the computer) until I was employed. Different priorities for different folks I suppose.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I get the sense that there's also a guy whose downtown wasn't burned down and businesses destroyed. My empathy level is pretty low about now.

ETA: I also think we should suspend benefits for other crimes FWIW. Never happen though, since that would remove a large group from public assistance and the Democrats would lose a large portion of their base constituency.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The important thing for folks to remember, why these criminal scumbags are put on a pedestal, that these people will be the most polarizing for the opposition.

If they put a perfectly innocent man on a pedestal, for police injustice, everyone would be onboard working towards a solution that satisfied all parties.

With the individuals they pick, they ensure only their side of the solution is presented, and they can shout down all opposing arguments as racism.

We all know where they want this road to end. They want to abolish policing as we know it, let people suffer in war torn America, and then come with a solution that is federally mandated and controlled.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    ETA: I also think we should suspend benefits for other crimes FWIW. Never happen though, since that would remove a large group from public assistance and the Democrats would lose a large portion of their base constituency.

The wife and I were talking about this very thing, I have zero problem taking away benefits. Like you said, it will never happen.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    And so it begins...

Manufacturer that burned as Minneapolis protests turned violent plans to relocate from city

A Minneapolis manufacturing company (7-Sigma) has decided to leave the city, with the company's owner saying he can't trust public officials who allowed his plant to burn during the recent riots. The move will cost the city about 50 jobs.

No protection during the riot followed by a promise from the city council to weaken security further. They definitely won't be the only ones to leave.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is exactly correct....it is what "progressives" have always been about and always will be.
    Someone told me once that the difference between a liberal and a progressive is that liberals will advocate for the changes they want, which recognizes people’s right to disagree. Progressives want to make it happen by any means necessary.

That seems to be correct, but anymore, it seems a lot of liberals have become progressives. There sure are a lot of people trying to change things by any means necessary.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Someone told me once that the difference between a liberal and a progressive is that liberals will advocate for the changes they want, which recognizes people’s right to disagree. Progressives want to make it happen by any means necessary.

That seems to be correct, but anymore, it seems a lot of liberals have become progressives. There sure are a lot of people trying to change things by any means necessary.

I think you're looking at it kind of wrong.
    All the liberals ended up on the republican side of the fence due to distaste for that type of riff raff.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

The true believers also despise liberals, just not as much as conservatives. Much like the college kids who had their windows smashed, shouting "We're on your side" won't save them.

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    And so it begins...

Manufacturer that burned as Minneapolis protests turned violent plans to relocate from city

No protection during the riot followed by a promise from the city council to weaken security further. They definitely won't be the only ones to leave.
    I forsee alot of this coming. I'm hoping we don't feel it too bad in Indy; our commercial side got it with no lube. If I had a lease with Simon I'd be thinking long and hard when lease time comes around.. It might be a safer and more financially sound idea to head to Plainfield, Greenwood, Castleton or Noblesville.

"If you can loot in person, you can Vote in person" -Me

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

There is not a lick of difference between them in the "current use" of the word.

Now a classic liberal? Oh for anything even approaching Jefferson, or Bastiat, or a host of others.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    When outliers are believed to be rule rather than the exception, it's easy to do a lot of harm trying to fix "systemic" problems which are actually isolated incidents.

....but try convincing people it's not systemic.

I think this has been posted but I have not read all the pages.

Minneapolis votes to close the police dept.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/07/minneapolis-city-council-defund-police-george-floyd

It will be a free for all soon enough.

I wasn’t sure if I should post it here or in the Indy riot thread, applies either way I guess...

So it begins for Indy: https://www.wthr.com/article/calls-defunding-police-indy

I have a sneaking suspicion that my retirement gig will be no more within a month. After the plandemic, they are looking for any way to save money, and I think this was gift wrapped for them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom