• ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    That's because he was convicted. If he was let off on other charges hell would have broken loose. However, we have several new shooting so hell breaking loose can happen at any moment depending where you live.
    I meant a revolution in support of Chauvin. Of course the other kind of hell is still brewing to break loose.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No it's not. Unless you hold the belief that such sentiments haven't existed for a long time; which of course would be foolish.
    I hold the belief that such sentiments have indeed existed, I heard that sentiment in some for back in the 70s, but marginally. We've had social media for 20 years, and in a big way for a decade, and we're only seeing this sentiment enter the mainstream discussion since Floyd's death. What was fringe is now being expressed in mainstream ways. And sure, part of that is because of the internet, but also it is the internet that drives it into more mainstream acceptance.

I've been biking regularly now for well over a year, since before Floyd's death. I'll pass Black people on the bike, and just like with everyone, we all smile and wave. After the riots started, most Black people I've encountered still smile and wave. Some give dirty looks. As we crossed paths with one Black guy while biking, my wife smiled and waved as she does with most people, and the guy gave her a dirty look and said, "repentance". WTF? For WHAT? I'm pretty sure the context was not that he's just a Bible thumper. This was during the worst of the riots in Louisville, back when prominent people were regularly being quoted on the news saying stupid **** like all white people have a disease, that they can't help but be racists.

Many Black leaders are telling people that White people are collectively guilty for any injustice done to people who are black. This is no longer a fringe viewpoint. It's becoming mainstream. I'd like you to be up front about this. Either acknowledge it or deny it. I don't know how you can honestly deny it unless you've been walking around with blinders on. I mean, why the **** would a person say something like that to another person they don't even know?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Wait... no looting, no riots? I was told there would be looting an rioting regardless of the outcome. What happened? :dunno:
    Very commendable. They actually showed some common sense for once.

Problem is I can't find anything about Minneapolis at all right now. So who knows what's going on.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Here's the breakdown of why Chauvin was convicted on ALL 3 charges:

What's second-degree unintentional murder?​

It's also called felony murder. To prove this count, prosecutors had to show that Chauvin killed Floyd while committing or trying to commit a felony - in this case, third-degree assault. They didn't have to prove Chauvin intended to kill Floyd, only that he intended to apply unlawful force that caused bodily harm.

What about third-degree murder?​

For this count, jurors had to find Chauvin caused Floyd's death through an action that was "eminently dangerous" and carried out with a reckless disregard for and conscious indifference to the loss of life.

And second-degree manslaughter?​

Prosecutors had to show that Chauvin caused Floyd's death through culpable negligence that created an unreasonable risk, and that he consciously took the chance of causing severe injury or death.

All three seem reasonable :dunno:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    That was a SPLC estimate for active white nationalists. I don't think the Klan are necessarily the same thing. And I wouldn't say it's useful to divide states evenly. A few states are quite likely to have many more than 200 active white nationalists. Some states very few.

So how many would you estimate? And what institutional power do they have compared to leftists. This whole tack is a diversion from the discussion of the realistic threat the loonies on either side actually pose. We're not headed anywhere near a white nationalists wet dream of a White America. That's absurd. We're a lot closer to the woke dream.
    I wouldn't trust an SPLC estimate for anything. That much I know.

White Nationalists are a lot like the hidden silent majority Trump voters. They aren't gonna just admit it for fear of repercussions.

I am starting to understand why some here would convict an innocent man.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I was told by a member that he was convicted of INTENTIONAL Murder and UNINTENTIONAL manslaughter.

Can you explain to me how the below fits that narrative? No one else has so far after I asked the question. Not even the person making the statement....although perhaps I am on ignore..
    Here's the breakdown of why Chauvin was convicted on ALL 3 charges:

What's second-degree unintentional murder?​

It's also called felony murder. To prove this count, prosecutors had to show that Chauvin killed Floyd while committing or trying to commit a felony - in this case, third-degree assault. They didn't have to prove Chauvin intended to kill Floyd, only that he intended to apply unlawful force that caused bodily harm.

What about third-degree murder?​

For this count, jurors had to find Chauvin caused Floyd's death through an action that was "eminently dangerous" and carried out with a reckless disregard for and conscious indifference to the loss of life.

And second-degree manslaughter?​

Prosecutors had to show that Chauvin caused Floyd's death through culpable negligence that created an unreasonable risk, and that he consciously took the chance of causing severe injury or death.

All three seem reasonable :dunno:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No honey, you said it, or at least implied it, with your "14 Words" comment. Get that spine a workin' and own it.
    And? You have a problem with me pointing out the obvious connection when one makes such a statement? If someone is going to start spouting WN talking points, don't get mad when someone points it out. But perhaps you don't know. I sometime give people more credit than they deserve as far as what I think they should know... see below, dear.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I still would have expected there to be one guilty since it is basically all one act or crime. I never thought it was right when the police would find 5 or 6 things to charge a guy with either though.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And that woke dream is the Genocide of White people? Because that's what I've been told.
    I've heard it way more lately than I've heard it 5 years ago. We had the internet and Twitter 5 years ago. The progression of critical race theory sounds a lot like flipping the power structures, not evening them out. And there are a lot more bat **** crazy wokists saying **** like that, yes. That sentiment is on the fringe of woke and creeping towards the center of it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I was told by a member that he was convicted of INTENTIONAL Murder and UNINTENTIONAL manslaughter.

Can you explain to me how the below fits that narrative? No one else has so far after I asked the question. Not even the person making the statement....although perhaps I am on ignore..
    It doesn't fit the narrative. But because people are too lazy to look it up, they try to squeeze a square peg in a round hole. They are just content in complaining about something they cant even cite the charges correctly about. And don't sweat the ignore thing, I have yet to meet the person who can keep to it, or doesn't have to give constant reminders about who they have on ignore; as if it hurts people's feelings.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think that rather than the guilty verdict appeasing people, it will only strengthen the animosity towards the police.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I've heard it way more lately than I've heard it 5 years ago. We had the internet and Twitter 5 years ago. The progression of critical race theory sounds a lot like flipping the power structures, not evening them out. And there are a lot more bat **** crazy wokists saying **** like that, yes. That sentiment is on the fringe of woke and creeping towards the center of it.
    I'll ask again, the woke dream is the Genocide of White people?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I hold the belief that such sentiments have indeed existed, I heard that sentiment in some for back in the 70s, but marginally. We've had social media for 20 years, and in a big way for a decade, and we're only seeing this sentiment enter the mainstream discussion since Floyd's death. What was fringe is now being expressed in mainstream ways. And sure, part of that is because of the internet, but also it is the internet that drives it into more mainstream acceptance.

I've been biking regularly now for well over a year, since before Floyd's death. I'll pass Black people on the bike, and just like with everyone, we all smile and wave. After the riots started, most Black people I've encountered still smile and wave. Some give dirty looks. As we crossed paths with one Black guy while biking, my wife smiled and waved as she does with most people, and the guy gave her a dirty look and said, "repentance". WTF? For WHAT? I'm pretty sure the context was not that he's just a Bible thumper. This was during the worst of the riots in Louisville, back when prominent people were regularly being quoted on the news saying stupid **** like all white people have a disease, that they can't help but be racists.

Many Black leaders are telling people that White people are collectively guilty for any injustice done to people who are black. This is no longer a fringe viewpoint. It's becoming mainstream. I'd like you to be up front about this. Either acknowledge it or deny it. I don't know how you can honestly deny it unless you've been walking around with blinders on. I mean, why the **** would a person say something like that to another person they don't even know?
    I bet some Black folks wanted to kill white folks in the 19th century.

Explain the difference between that viewpoint and how BLM is synonymous with Burn, Loot, Murder as a homogeneous group. Or how black on black crime gets used as an excuse.

Of the black folks one knows, how many have changed their viewpoints over the last decade? I haven't seen any change in the 2, yes 2, that I know and interact with on a regular basis. So in my lived experience, 0%.

I don't trust the mainstream media narrative or social media or gateway pundit. All of them are just wanting to serve an agenda. They all amplify anything that will serve their agenda and/or increase revenues.

Is it more prevalent? sure seems so. Is it mainstream? I doubt it. This stuff ebbs and flows, just like slavery, freedom, back to second class citizen, then granted rights but still suppressed....I am sure that has an emotional affect. Hatred->exhilaration->disappointment->struggle->victory->impatience with enforcement and implementation

Its just like gun violence. It seems like there is more of it because it's all you hear about, when in fact the numbers are declining, if my memory is correct.

It's hard to acknowledge or deny something when the information on which to base such a decision is severely distorted. I'll just go with my lived experience.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I wouldn't trust an SPLC estimate for anything. That much I know.

White Nationalists are a lot like the hidden silent majority Trump voters. They aren't gonna just admit it for fear of repercussions.

I am starting to understand why some here would convict an innocent man.
    Do you think SPLC WN estimates would err on the high or low side, considering their woke views and proclivities for propagandizing?

Top Bottom