• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Considering the cameras and the media hungry for a story, is there anything Chauvin could have done different to avoid this circus?

Short of not showing up for work that day, I'd say he was SOL the moment he got out of bed.
    Plenty

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Nope. I’m gonna need a pass from a mod before I sellout like that. Because that “report” button is probably going to get worn out real quick.
    This appears vaguely like a cop out. You could use a little of that courage you were talking about earlier and give the explanation a go.

And I didn’t say Democrats “aren’t” radicalized. On the contrary, “Republicans”are just catching up.
    So if you claim democrats are radicalized but Republicans are "catching up", logic dictates that democrats are more radical but you vote for them anyway?

With regard to the pace of radicalization of the parties, it's laughable that anyone could claim that the views of Republican party are changing faster than the Democrat party. It's not a contest.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    This thread...

Must have set some sort of record for posts in just a few hours time.

Must have been keeping the Mods pretty busy,

Must have approached thread time-out/closure several times in the past 12 hours.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And you think her words are representative of the majority of Black people?
    Does it need to be a majority? Is it not informative of a trend? The ubiquity of the internet doesn’t explain it away. It doesn’t imply that this sentiment has remained constant.we had the internet and social media for nearly a generation. We hear tjis sentiment now. It’s appears to be proportional to the prominence of critical race theory being openly expressed as an honest conversation about it is suppressed by the woke-owned institutions and the angry mob.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It’s almost like a lot of us here on INGO live in an alternate universe. It seems like most of us are the only ones not happy with this verdict. It’s not complicated. What did people expect to happen? Chauvin just had to get off of him when he was losing consciousness. The bystanders had that right when they were pleading with the officers. He wasn’t in a position to become much of a threat again, and if he did, they could have easily restrained him once again. Simple. Ain’t gonna be no revolution, all hell ain’t gonna break loose because Chauvin was convicted (the opposite certainly can’t be said). We can argue the technicalities all day long, but that cop ****ed up. And it didn’t have to happen.
    Some of the more vocal INGO voices believe things based on partial truth.

Believe with a religious fervor. My way or the highway. Questioning or Nonacceptance of that belief is not welcome. And disagreement?? Well...Watch how new members who don't tow the line are treated...mods are continually warning in thread.

When I was younger it was the my country, love it or leave it crowd. Members of that group don't seem to be leaving now. But they don't seem to be loving it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I suspect that if Chauvin had checked on Floyd as soon as he went limp, and put him in a recovery position as soon as he found him unresponsive, and started some kind of medical intervention, we probably would not have this thread.

But, that does not take away from what this has become since Chauvin went a different way. The hype surrounding it is far beyond reasonable. If we’re all honest we must agree there is a good cause for a mistrial, because it was impossible to try this fairly.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ain’t gonna be no revolution, all hell ain’t gonna break loose because Chauvin was convicted (the opposite certainly can’t be said). We can argue the technicalities all day long, but that cop ****ed up. And it didn’t have to happen.
    That's because he was convicted. If he was let off on other charges hell would have broken loose. However, we have several new shooting so hell breaking loose can happen at any moment depending where you live.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I can't find anything at all not even a protest. I'm sure I remember reading they had a protest after the verdict. Must be a media blackout.
    Did you check Portland. They’ll protest just because it’s Wednesday. Because Wednesday is a social construct of fascists to oppress people of color, non-binary gender classes, and women, which includes women with penises.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Does it need to be a majority? Is it not informative of a trend? The ubiquity of the internet doesn’t explain it away. It doesn’t imply that this sentiment has remained constant.we had the internet and social media for nearly a generation. We hear tjis sentiment now. It’s appears to be proportional to the prominence of critical race theory being openly expressed as an honest conversation about it is suppressed by the woke-owned institutions and the angry mob.
    No it's not. Unless you hold the belief that such sentiments haven't existed for a long time; which of course would be foolish.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well. That's not an honest, engaging reply.
    You said that maybe 10k people in the US are WNs. Breaking that down, that 200 WNs per state. I hope that helps you understand how ridiculous that statement is. On the low end, the Klan alone is almost half that number.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Did you see the entire video or just the one on TV?
    I was much more anti-Chauvin before I saw the entire video. Dude was high as ^%#^, non compliant, couldn’t breath before he exited his own vehicle, and resisted up until the knee to his body.

Chauvin likely allowed his temper to get best of him, and left his knee on Captain Druggy Felon to long, but guilty on all 3-accounts, NOPE!

Floyd is dead IMHO mainly due to being a POS, but that doesn’t fit the narrative.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You said that maybe 10k people in the US are WNs. Breaking that down, that 200 WNs per state. I hope that helps you understand how ridiculous that statement is. On the low end, the Klan alone is almost half that number.
    That was a SPLC estimate for active white nationalists. I don't think the Klan are necessarily the same thing. And I wouldn't say it's useful to divide states evenly. A few states are quite likely to have many more than 200 active white nationalists. Some states very few.

So how many would you estimate? And what institutional power do they have compared to leftists. This whole tack is a diversion from the discussion of the realistic threat the loonies on either side actually pose. We're not headed anywhere near a white nationalists wet dream of a White America. That's absurd. We're a lot closer to the woke dream.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The kkk has no power anymore. They are just a name to be kicked around. They are also Democrats.

Now days it is the Neo Nazi's, BLM, ANTIFA, etc.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I suspect that if Chauvin had checked on Floyd as soon as he went limp, and put him in a recovery position as soon as he found him unresponsive, and started some kind of medical intervention, we probably would not have this thread.

But, that does not take away from what this has become since Chauvin went a different way. The hype surrounding it is far beyond reasonable. If we’re all honest we must agree there may be a good cause for a mistrial, because it was impossible to try this fairly.
    I don't often FIFY but I did this one.

That is based on something I read or heard during the whole Maxine Waters comment commentary.

That is that the jury must have known about the comment for it to be grounds for a mistrial.

IF that information i read/heard is true and that can be shown, THEN may be = is

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I was much more anti-Chauvin before I saw the entire video. Dude was high as ^%#^, non compliant, couldn’t breath before he exited his own vehicle, and resisted up until the knee to his body.

Chauvin likely allowed his temper to get best of him, and left his knee on Captain Druggy Felon to long, but guilty on all 3-accounts, NOPE!

Floyd is dead IMHO mainly due to being a POS, but that doesn’t fit the narrative.
    I am sure one can go places and shoot lots of POS, it wouldn't make one innocent. It would make one a POS.

That doesn't mean Chauvin is a POS. My takeaway from all of this is Chauvin at the very least used very poor judgment. In my life, when I use poor judgment, I am often held accountable by someone else or myself.

Edited to depersonalize

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That was a SPLC estimate for active white nationalists. I don't think the Klan are necessarily the same thing. And I wouldn't say it's useful to divide states evenly. A few states are quite likely to have many more than 200 active white nationalists. Some states very few.

So how many would you estimate? And what institutional power do they have compared to leftists. This whole tack is a diversion from the discussion of the realistic threat the loonies on either side actually pose. We're not headed anywhere near a white nationalists wet dream of a White America. That's absurd. We're a lot closer to the woke dream.
    And that woke dream is the Genocide of White people? Because that's what I've been told.

Top Bottom