• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    In 1970 I remember looking through the fence on the playground at the rioters at the Jr High school on the other side. There were indeed black people rioting. And there were white people rioting against them. It took two sides to fight.

The riots we're talking about today are a lot different. And like I said above, with the exception of the Capitol riots, if there is rioting going on, it is the people who tend to be Democrats. But, I see about as many or more white people throwing fire bombs and burning **** down. I haven't seen any white kids running out of stores carrying shoes though. Maybe the cameras are showing bias.
    Black and white cameras are obviously racist

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Back in the 70s that was referred to as urban renewal. Burn down the old and the government would build new. I remember East St. Louis in the early 80s, it had places that looked new next to places that looked like a set from "Escape from NY". I had never seen so much barbed wire in my life, even coming from an agricultural background. The factory I was visiting looked like a fortress.
    I accidentally ended up in East St Louis once. :n00b:

:runaway:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Back in the 70s that was referred to as urban renewal. Burn down the old and the government would build new. I remember East St. Louis in the early 80s, it had places that looked new next to places that looked like a set from "Escape from NY". I had never seen so much barbed wire in my life, even coming from an agricultural background. The factory I was visiting looked like a fortress.
    Years ago I stayed in a hotel in Washington DC for a week to go through the Smithsonian. I was very close to the Smithsonian and could see the Capitol Building out my window.

Every single business and residence had iron/steel bars on all the ground floor windows.

I decided not to go out after dark except for one trip to the nearby Lincoln Memorial to photograph the reflecting pool at night. I took a cab and had him wait for me there to bring me back.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, when I looked up that information about the McCloskey's of St Louis recently, I found that a spokesman for the BLM brigades said the gate to the gated community was closed but not locked, so they were not trespassing when they opened it and entered

By that logic, the people that entered the capitol through open or unlocked doors were not rioting or insurrectioning. The defense rests (and opens a beer)
    We live in the practical world.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Are you confused?

As far as defending Trump supporters, there are enough here to do it for themselves. Who was it that said it wasn't necessary to speak on something when there were already so many doing so?
    That would be me. If you agreed with me at the time/when it would have mattered, rather than an artifice of convenience to support a current position, I must admit I don't remember it

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That would be me. If you agreed with me at the time/when it would have mattered, rather than an artifice of convenience to support a current position, I must admit I don't remember it
    Actually, I didn't really care. Your reasoning was sound enough. I am not one of the silence equals agreement crowd.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Actually, I didn't really care. Your reasoning was sound enough. I am not one of the silence equals agreement crowd.
    Just a note. I have egged out confessions from my son using “your silence is tacit agreement.” It stopped working when he got older.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Perhaps I missed your nuanced defense of Trump and his supporters
    O’rly? But I can only assume you’ve seen mine, because I have been exceeding careful to do exactly this; often specifically stating “some” Trump supporters. But I can only assume that like most things I post, that nuance is missed by many.

Top Bottom