• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Funnily enough, it was never proven, that the bill was counterfeit.
    Do they proceed to charge and investigate such crimes when the defendant is dead? Is your point more than an attempt at shading?

Was Michael Reinoehl still investigated and charged with the murder of a Trump supporter in Portland after he was killed in a shootout with LE? Was that sinister, too? Or just judicious use of resources

You'll need to be a better armchair lawyer to instill reasonable doubt in Floyd's guilt vis a vis passing counterfeit bills, and the coroner's report doesn't leave much wiggle room about drugs - although I imagine next you can point out Floyd was never charged with a drug offense that day, either

:roll eyes:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    One thing. You talk about “health” of those officer’s careers as an indication that they may be lying. The problem with that belief? As NNBD pointed out, one of those officers is retired. What does he have to gain? Another is the longest serving officer on the PD, he’s undoubtedly not going to be around in a few years. A reasonable person wouldn’t think these guys are lying to further their careers.
    Only one of them has already made it out the door with his pension. I am also left to wonder if he chose to retire early to make sure he got out the door with his pension. I cant find anything on his age which might clarify that point.

I will grant you that I did not put much effort into developing that thought.

First, Pleoger's statement sounds lukewarm, more like Monday morning quarterbacking than addressing something flagrantly wrong.

Second, while lacking Chicago's notoriety, Minneapolis isn't any cleaner. I would imagine that the man feels pressure to conform when everyone of significance in the city government, the state's attorney general, plus numerous private actors of influence have jumped in with both feet.

Third, we still haven't proven that the cause of death was Chauvin's knee and not the drug overdose, making Ploeger's opinion on use of the knee irrelevant.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Funnily enough, it was never proven, that the bill was counterfeit.
    I don't feel like reviewing the video again, but Floyd at minimum didn't deny it. I was too busy preoccupied with other questions to apply a laser focus on that point.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Do they proceed to charge and investigate such crimes when the defendant is dead? Is your point more than an attempt at shading?

Was Michael Reinoehl still investigated and charged with the murder of a Trump supporter in Portland after he was killed in a shootout with LE? Was that sinister, too? Or just judicious use of resources

You'll need to be a better armchair lawyer to instill reasonable doubt in Floyd's guilt vis a vis passing counterfeit bills, and the coroner's report doesn't leave much wiggle room about drugs - although I imagine next you can point out Floyd was never charged with a drug offense that day, either

:roll eyes:
    Ok, how about they never collected the bill? Does that make you even slightly uncomfortable with everything that happened?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In my opinion the fact that the police were involved does make it different. However that difference is small compared to the race difference which is the biggest factor by far. If Floyd was white we wouldn't be talking about this, in fact we might not have even heard about it and Billions of dollars worth of damage would not have happened.
    *Mohammad Noor dislikes this comment.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ok, how about they never collected the bill? Does that make you even slightly uncomfortable with everything that happened?
    If you were to work a fatal single person traffic accident, would you check to see if the deceased had a valid driver's license and charge him if he did not? Once he was dead, I'm not aware of TPB charging Mr Floyd with anything, since there would be no defendant at trial, yes?

When Floyd died in custody, the officers at the scene likely were more involved with other concerns and would not have thought to go procure the bill. If you're really interested, you could contact the store and see whether they turned the counterfeit over to the local Secret Service, or perhaps their bank, and enquire what became of it. Official government agencies would never lose or bury (or destroy) evidence tied to a significant case, yes?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If you were to work a fatal single person traffic accident, would you check to see if the deceased had a valid driver's license and charge him if he did not? Once he was dead, I'm not aware of TPB charging Mr Floyd with anything, since there would be no defendant at trial, yes?

When Floyd died in custody, the officers at the scene likely were more involved with other concerns and would not have thought to go procure the bill. If you're really interested, you could contact the store and see whether they turned the counterfeit over to the local Secret Service, or perhaps their bank, and enquire what became of it. Official government agencies would never lose or bury (or destroy) evidence tied to a significant case, yes?
    Hogwash. Floyd was told he was under arrest, and they subsequently used force to enact that arrest. I would think someone would think to collect the evidence to justify that arrest.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    They found two more counterfeit $20 bills in the car crumpled up and hidden right where Floyd was putting his hands while ignoring ten requests to show his hands.
    There are pictures of these bills on line. To suggest the counterfeit bills might not be counterfeit is a useless dead end.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Weren't they still attempting to 'enact' that arrest when he took a dirt nap? After an officer involved fatality, are they free to pursue evidence collection unrelated to the most pressing matter. Would not they be constrained to do or change nothing until a sergeant or higher took charge of the scene?

I believe when they responded to the business owner's complaint, they were told very early in the process that the perp was right outside in a car across the street and went to interview him. When he was obviously intoxicated and non-cooperative they became predominately involved in effecting restraint and arrest and the rest was history

If you were working the scene of a gun battle between two gangs and used your weapon, would you be picking up shell casings or would that be left to other officers. I see nothing sinister in the slightest about the counterfeit bill being an afterthought. Has the store proprietor recanted his story? Do we have some reason to believe he made a false complaint? Did Floyd have any more money on him? Was it counterfeit? Do we even know the contents of his wallet?

IANAL but I could pick the case your trying to make apart with a small fraction of my consideration of the event. So the question becomes, why are you trying to go there? I'm sure I'll probably never know

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    They found two more counterfeit $20 bills in the car crumpled up and hidden right where Floyd was putting his hands while ignoring ten requests to show his hands.
    There are pictures of these bills on line. To suggest the counterfeit bills might not be counterfeit is a useless dead end.
    Thank you. Awaiting the canard that officers might have planted them there later in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Weren't they still attempting to 'enact' that arrest when he took a dirt nap? After an officer involved fatality, are they free to pursue evidence collection unrelated to the most pressing matter. Would not they be constrained to do or change nothing until a sergeant or higher took charge of the scene?

I believe when they responded to the business owner's complaint, they were told very early in the process that the perp was right outside in a car across the street and went to interview him. When he was obviously intoxicated and non-cooperative they became predominately involved in effecting restraint and arrest and the rest was history

If you were working the scene of a gun battle between two gangs and used your weapon, would you be picking up shell casings or would that be left to other officers. I see nothing sinister in the slightest about the counterfeit bill being an afterthought. Has the store proprietor recanted his story? Do we have some reason to believe he made a false complaint? Did Floyd have any more money on him? Was it counterfeit? Do we even know the contents of his wallet?

IANAL but I could pick the case your trying to make apart with a small fraction of my consideration of the event. So the question becomes, why are you trying to go there? I'm sure I'll probably never know
    Personally I think all the counterfeit money started with Floyd's dealer that was with him in the car. I found a site that said the dealer tried to pass a counterfeit $20 earlier in the day at the same place just like the one Floyd tried to pass but the clerk wouldn't take it. He said something about there were a lot more of them - now I can't find it and I'm not going to look, it really isn't worth pursuing because rational people don't give a :poop: .

Top Bottom