• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    actually it was. it was a scam Georgie boy and his buddy was trying to run.
    There may have been a scam, but that doesn’t prove the bill in question was counterfeit. Apparently that bill has been lost to history.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Someone early stated they believed that the officers testifying against Chauvin were purposefully not telling the truth.
    Yeah it was a statement that they are covering their asses and careers. I would not rule this out 100% either.

But in the end there was a bad Ju-Ju between those two that went back a ways.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Here we go again. The stupid. It burns.

Apparently it is not only racist but a threat to the safety of black students such that they need fear being dragged out of their beds at night for a lynching that someone suggested that Floyd's overdosing on drugs just maybe contributed to his death.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/25/us/d...-trnd/?iid=ob_mobile_article_footer_expansion
    Why place the Floyd Toxicology on a Black History Month display? Someone was trying to send a message. Yeah, if I became aware of something like that, a short distance from where I sleep, I wouldn't just dismiss it as something I shouldn't be concerned about.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Why place the Floyd Toxicology on a Black History Month display? Someone was trying to send a message. Yeah, if I became aware of something like that, a short distance from where I sleep, I wouldn't just dismiss it as something I shouldn't be concerned about.
    I understand. A toxicology report is just as much of a threat as a noose when one's worldview rests on nonsense like St. George being randomly murdered for being black in public.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It was a display "honoring" black victims of police violence.
    I suppose I can see why they wouldn't want to tell the whole story.
    I didn’t know that. That is at least noteworthy to mention. Still, if you don’t agree with such a display, make you point elsewhere rather than deface it. And before anyone chimes in, that goes for anything, especially the things that will be brought up in 3...2...1...

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I didn’t know that. That is at least noteworthy to mention. Still, if you don’t agree with such a display, make you point elsewhere rather than deface it. And before anyone chimes in, that goes for anything, especially the things that will be brought up in 3...2...1...
    Putting a flyer on a bulletin board is defacing it?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    First, I would not really consider this defacing. I do not agree with it being done. I also don't agree with such a display being in a college residence hall.

Second, in today's world, especially on a college campus, how would one go about making this point without being immediately attacked?

Third, many students today are just flat out wimps. The quotes from the students in that article are silly at best.

"All of a sudden, someone comes up and is essentially sticking a thumb in the face of every Black person, saying his life didn't matter, that he wasn't a good person, because of one $20 bill," Mohn said. "I was just really really surprised by it, that someone would put that much effort into trying to strip someone of their humanity for no reason."

"I was honestly terrified; I remember shaking in that moment," Manns, who is Black, told CNN. "That happened right down the hall from where I sleep, from where I'm supposed to be safe."
    Whoever this person is, Manns said, they think Floyd deserved to die because he committed a felony, or that he was responsible for his own death. And they may think that others who look like Floyd, like Manns, deserve that, too.
    "The thought that it could be someone I've lived with all these months really terrified me," he said.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It is curious that they turn to the head of the dept's Homicide unit to testify and not the department's Use of Force subject matter expert that teaches the officers use of force. I know that if I had a UoF question, I sure as hell wouldn't ask Homicide.
    I believe the training sergeant and a couple UoF experts are slated to testify either yet today or tomorrow.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I believe the training sergeant and a couple UoF experts are slated to testify either yet today or tomorrow.
    At it now. Its pretty obvious that the policies being g quoted were designed to protect the drpartment from liability as opposed to being practical in reality.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Here we go again. The stupid. It burns.

Apparently it is not only racist but a threat to the safety of black students such that they need fear being dragged out of their beds at night for a lynching that someone suggested that Floyd's overdosing on drugs just maybe contributed to his death.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/25/us/d...-trnd/?iid=ob_mobile_article_footer_expansion
    The headline for that story is:
    A printout of George Floyd's toxicology report was found on a Black History display at Duke University, insinuating that he deserved to die
    I'm not sure how they get there. To me it 'insinuates' he killed himself, the encounter with the police just changed the timing a little

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom