• ...and so much more!
  • nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    For now. Last summer there were groups doing long distance "marches", aka riots, through white suburbs and rural areas specifically to **** with people who thought they were exempt because they lived outside the city.

That would be good for them because they need the exercise.
    In reality there was next to none of that here. The terrorist rioters stuck to their own ghettos and burned local businesses, kind of like crapping where you eat.
    The main ones that were away from home were the traveling blm and antifa instigators.

I think the rioters would be smart to stay in their big cities where they have support from the insane leaders of those cities. If they try that crap some places they will find bad behavior makes for a bad day.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That would be good for them because they need the exercise.
    In reality there was next to none of that here. The terrorist rioters stuck to their own ghettos and burned local businesses, kind of like crapping where you eat.
    The main ones that were away from home were the traveling blm and antifa instigators.

I think the rioters would be smart to stay in their big cities where they have support from the insane leaders of those cities. If they try that crap some places they will find bad behavior makes for a bad day.
    They tried that here. They decided that having more armed locals than "protesters" takes all the fun out of rioting.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It's a "recovery" position but obviously their hands are still handcuffed to the rear. Essentially getting them on their side. Quite frankly, his heart was likely failing the entire time and caused him to feel as if he was having trouble breathing. I had a prisoner say the same thing to me and died. My case was argued to the 7th Cir and the plaintiffs petitioned the SCOTUS to hear it. It's been over 5 years since that incident and I've studied quite a bit about in-custody deaths since then. Teaching our recruits about it.
    My thoughts if I were a juror:

1. Floyd was a walking dead man from before first contact.

2. Floyd lied repeatedly about health issues.

3. His associates chimed in with health-related red herrings.

4. At no point did any of these people say a word about the drugs Floyd had just ingested.

Taking this into consideration in the context of the point you raised, doesn't this amount to Officer Chauvin being on trial for lacking clairvoyant powers?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The question is will a manslaughter conviction be enough to satisfy the angry people.
    Probably not

Remember: 'Justice for [whoever]' actually means ignore any sketchy behavior by [whoever] and charge who they want with what they want and find them guilty

You've been found guilty, your trial will commence next week

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Are you pretending to be naive?
    So you think the officers are lying? What proof do you have on this to impeach their character so? Count ‘me... three officers testified to the actions of Chauvin being improper. Why shouldn’t we believe them?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

If he wasn't, then the tape wouldn't have been cut to make the officer appear to have been committing murder.
    They, ever so conveniently for their narrative, cut out the entirety of events between Floyd getting to the car and ending up on the ground.

That'd be no different than editing a tape to hide someone drawing a weapon before a cop shot them.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Here, I'll make it easy...

That should probably throw him under the bus and get him time in the big house.

We have all seen officers lie in support of fellow officers charged with stuff. This sounds like it is just the opposite and will go a long way to get a conviction.

I am saying , in this case they are NOT lying to cover up for a fellow officer, in fact, quite the opposite by coming out with statements that are pretty damning.

Chauvin's supervisor, Sgt Pleoger(now retired), said "When Mr. Floyd was no longer offering up any resistance to the officers, they could have ended their restraint."

Lt. Zimmerman, head of the homicide division, said the knee on neck restraint should not be used. I don't understand that since it was in the training manual.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So you think the officers are lying? What proof do you have on this to impeach their character so? Count ‘me... three officers testified to the actions of Chauvin being improper. Why shouldn’t we believe them?
    I don't know about him but I can tell you why I don't believe them. I watched the uninterrupted video from prior to contact to Floyd being loaded in the ambulance.

Floyd was uncooperative from the beginning. He claimed to be experiencing medical problems which he appeared to be making up as he went along claiming everything this side of PMS and rigor mortis. I don't feel the need to unpack the boy who cried wolf.

At no point did he say a word about having just consumed a lethal dosage of illegal drugs. Also noteworthy is that his friend who certainly was aware of the drug consumption jumped in with Floyd's heart problems but again failed to say anything about the drugs that were in the process of killing him.

I observed Floyd having enough range of motion under Chauvin's knee to make it apparent that the technique was working like putting a cow in a stanchion for hand milking, not crushing his neck. Add to this the lack of trauma one would expect from enough force to kill a person.

Now, you have difficulty understanding the placement of more value on my own observations taken in context of the entire incident than I do on three officers who most certainly understand that the health of their own careers depends on seeing that Chauvin gets sacrificed to Molech?

For full disclosure I had not given this much thought until recently and had started with the expectation that Chauvin was most likely guilty. Of course that was based on what I had heard reported without seeing the video or being aware that Floyd was essentially dead before the police arrived.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's a "recovery" position but obviously their hands are still handcuffed to the rear. Essentially getting them on their side. Quite frankly, his heart was likely failing the entire time and caused him to feel as if he was having trouble breathing. I had a prisoner say the same thing to me and died. My case was argued to the 7th Cir and the plaintiffs petitioned the SCOTUS to hear it. It's been over 5 years since that incident and I've studied quite a bit about in-custody deaths since then. Teaching our recruits about it.
    If I remember correctly I believe one of the other younger restraining officers was overheard on cam asking if they should place Floyd in the "recovery" position but he was overruled by the senior officer Chauvin.

IDK if it would've made a difference overall by that time or not but I do remember that the option was brought up and rejected for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Here, I'll make it easy...

I am saying , in this case they are NOT lying to cover up for a fellow officer, in fact, quite the opposite by coming out with statements that are pretty damning.

Chauvin's supervisor, Sgt Pleoger(now retired), said "When Mr. Floyd was no longer offering up any resistance to the officers, they could have ended their restraint."

Lt. Zimmerman, head of the homicide division, said the knee on neck restraint should not be used. I don't understand that since it was in the training manual.
    Thank you for the clarification, because when you said it was the “opposite” of officers lying to cover for other officers, one could think that you meant they were lying to burn another officer.

As so far as the training manual, I mentioned earlier that PD often have “hands on” classes in DTs. If they were being taught that , then there’s a defense to be had. If they’re not teaching that, or worse telling people NOT to do that, then the manual isn’t going to amount to much.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't know about him but I can tell you why I don't believe them. I watched the uninterrupted video from prior to contact to Floyd being loaded in the ambulance.

Floyd was uncooperative from the beginning. He claimed to be experiencing medical problems which he appeared to be making up as he went along claiming everything this side of PMS and rigor mortis. I don't feel the need to unpack the boy who cried wolf.

At no point did he say a word about having just consumed a lethal dosage of illegal drugs. Also noteworthy is that his friend who certainly was aware of the drug consumption jumped in with Floyd's heart problems but again failed to say anything about the drugs that were in the process of killing him.

I observed Floyd having enough range of motion under Chauvin's knee to make it apparent that the technique was working like putting a cow in a stanchion for hand milking, not crushing his neck. Add to this the lack of trauma one would expect from enough force to kill a person.

Now, you have difficulty understanding the placement of more value on my own observations taken in context of the entire incident than I do on three officers who most certainly understand that the health of their own careers depends on seeing that Chauvin gets sacrificed to Molech?

For full disclosure I had not given this much thought until recently and had started with the expectation that Chauvin was most likely guilty. Of course that was based on what I had heard reported without seeing the video or being aware that Floyd was essentially dead before the police arrived.
    One thing. You talk about “health” of those officer’s careers as an indication that they may be lying. The problem with that belief? As NNBD pointed out, one of those officers is retired. What does he have to gain? Another is the longest serving officer on the PD, he’s undoubtedly not going to be around in a few years. A reasonable person wouldn’t think these guys are lying to further their careers.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Taken out of the context of being between a police officer and a suspect, and looking at this as an argument/fight between two individuals, would the charges and expected sentence be the same?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Taken out of the context of being between a police officer and a suspect, and looking at this as an argument/fight between two individuals, would the charges and expected sentence be the same?
    In my opinion the fact that the police were involved does make it different. However that difference is small compared to the race difference which is the biggest factor by far. If Floyd was white we wouldn't be talking about this, in fact we might not have even heard about it and Billions of dollars worth of damage would not have happened.

Top Bottom